Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Off-topic: What "Retirement Car?"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 12:20 PM
Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !
Toyota Truck or SUV, most reliable vehicles on the road, you can go anywhere in them and not worry about a thing.... and at 200K miles they are just getting broken in!

Old 02-01-2018, 01:52 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by deckman
He said he wanted something that wouldn't leave him stranded. Coming from the guy who owns an Aston, considered by the uneducated to be really unreliable.
I wasn't going to comment on the Range Rover thing, but everyone I've known who owns one has story after story.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:34 PM
Argus will become famous soon enough
Someone beat me to the Jeep. I have had 3 Jeeps and had one problem. But since it was a Jeep it couple fixed in any town. And the problem I had did not disable the the thing. I would recommend a Jeep Limited Overland and you will be good to go anywhere anytime of the year. A Toyota SUV like a Land Crusier or any other SUV they make should more that do the trick.
Whatever you buy get something that can be fixed anywhere.

Old 02-03-2018, 04:57 AM
Teekster is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blue2000s
I wasn't going to comment on the Range Rover thing, but everyone I've known who owns one has story after story.
I have owned many. No stories. That said, there are going to be issues with getting service across large areas of the US.

The new Navigator looks like it would make a great long distance cruiser.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:30 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Mercedes Viano bus would be neat.

Old 02-04-2018, 09:07 PM
sierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nice
Originally Posted by flinder
If you want large, with command seating and the latest tech, with the ability to travel effortless miles, check out the all new 2019 Lincoln Navigator. For concierge amenities look in to their Black Label editions, top of the line. Multiple unique exterior colors and interior trims; sharp. Saw them at the Detroit Auto Show last week; impressive.
I second the Lincoln Navigator Black Label...or the Nautilus Black Label if you want a slightly smaller SUV. I haven't driven them but sat in a couple Black Labels at the LA Auto Show, very comfortable seats and a pleasing interior layout. For the price the entire Lincoln range looks really appealing right now. Wish I had a need for carrying more than two people so I could justify getting a Black Label myself.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:04 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I think a buick roadmaster sounds right up your alley

Old 02-08-2018, 08:57 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe something like this. This is my retirement car. Great for going out with friends or driving cross country. Super comfortable and safe.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1731D33D-9AE0-42B9-B313-2619BAA93E20.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	520653   Click image for larger version

Name:	69BB2A60-2219-491D-A2C4-DA37AB700EFD.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	520654  
Old 02-08-2018, 11:19 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Gene G
Maybe something like this. This is my retirement car. Great for going out with friends or driving cross country. Super comfortable and safe.
Where would you park it? Got to watch the door dings

Old 02-08-2018, 11:21 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gene G
can I be your friend?

Old 02-08-2018, 12:58 PM
papigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of light
I finally got my wife out of her Range Rover habit of the last 20 yrs now that our kids are grown and driving rovers. Rovers and other suv's are ok but I've never loved driving any of them on the road. She got an AWD Jag XJ. The car drives great, has an incredible awd system that even with the marginal Perrelli AS tires plows through deep snow with ease. And its quite comfortable on a long trip. The Supercharged v6 is ok and has more power than my first 5 jags did even the v8's, though I just saw that velocityAP has a tune for it so, if they can do the same things they did for my Vantage, the car will be even better.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:05 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Gene's Collection of cars is awesome

Old 02-09-2018, 09:24 AM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
Depending on how much space you need, you can't do much better than a Lexus RX350. Very comfortable and bulletproof reliability. I've had two of them with no stories.

Old 02-10-2018, 02:46 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jagman70
Depending on how much space you need, you can't do much better than a Lexus RX350. Very comfortable and bulletproof reliability. I've had two of them with no stories.
My father in law is on his second transmission...its about 10 years old but one trans replaced under warranty and one about two years ago... spent about 4K on it...His is not bullet proof but seems rather bullet ridden

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.