Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston and Tag Heuer????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 06:18 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by handyman2009
From what I saw, no crystal key but I might be wrong
No crystal ECU on the pre-launch Vantage demo car that I saw at AM Washington when it toured around. But that was a demo car and the production model might have it.

I just uploaded a modified version of my Sinn U1 watch face with the AMR logo to my Tag Heuer Connected. Does that make me official now?

Old 03-12-2018, 09:04 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
DB11 & new Vantage do not use a Crystal Key?
The DB11 still has a crystal "key" but it's RF so you keep it in your pocket. You can see it in the promotional video they did for Aston Martin Residences.

After looking close I don't think there's any crystal, looks all polished stainless now. It's at 34, if you haven't seen it the only thing they left out was the submarine and the F1 team. Hey, somebody check what watch he's wearing! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/embed/155m_LIDwH0?rel=0&showinfo=0&autoplay=1

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 03-13-2018 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:10 AM
cmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of light
Tag Heuer makes one watch over $20k, and it's a Tourbillion. Other more renowed watch makers make Tourbillions that start around $35,000 and go up from there.

While Tag is a luxury brand, by all accounts it's more of a "production" watch than a "bespoke" watch. So, I'm not saying it isn't "good enough", I'm saying it's a poor fit for the brand. Maybe Tag fits well with the Cygnet...who knows.

As for the previous post regarding it being a partnership only with AMR, that appears incorrect. There is a watch (a quartz one, no less) that's an AMR Watch. There is also an automatic Carrera (probably around $5K) that's branded as Aston Martin.

It's just an odd fit to me. Bespoke automobiles like Aston seem to attract a crowd that wants something different. Tag Heuer is very much a mainstream luxury brand.

Not my favorite is all...

Now, add a proximity sensor and I'm probably buying one anyway. But that is also going to require a new Aston....first world problem I guess....