Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Monterey Car Week 2018

Old 03-13-2018, 09:59 PM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
Monterey Car Week 2018

I would love to participate in Monterey Car Week this year.

Monterey Car Week is August 18-23 this year.

I was wondering if any of you have attended in the past and if you participated with your car. It looks like there are several events where we could participate with our cars.

I don't know if the AMOC has anything going. I haven't seen anything on their websites. What have they done in the past?

Does the factory sponsor anything?

There are events at Laguna Seca for historic racing (is there an AM paddock?), Concours on the Avenue in Carmel, Exotics on Cannery Row in Monterey, Pacific Grove Concours Auto Rally.......

While some events are classic car oriented many include modern sports cars.

I have attended many of these events in the past as a gawker, but now that I have my Aston I would like to have the opportunity to show it off and get to know some of the other owners.

On a similar note, are any of you members of 100 Octane Car Club or attended any of their events? They have some events planned for Monterey Car Week. It is a Northern California Exotic Car Club from Silicon Valley.

Are there any other car clubs or events I should know about in Northern California?

Mark

Old 03-14-2018, 12:35 AM
Svx
Svx will become famous soon enough
I would love to know also! What events are coming up on west coast this year. Maybe us AM owners in Northern California can get together sometime for a drive??

Last edited by Svx; 03-14-2018 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:20 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
I'm interested!

Old 03-15-2018, 03:44 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Suggest contacting Guy Simpson, he leads the AMOC for the west coast. guy.simpson@verizon.net

AMOC blocks some rooms at Casa Mungras. Be prepared to pay premium (exorbitant) prices for any decent hotel rooms during Monterey week.
AMOC had / has a luncheon at the track, and a dinner in Monterey/Pacific Grove. AML does have a "pop up tent" in Carmel for owners. You need to get "tickets" through your dealer.

I've been going to Monterey week for last 10 years, it really getting too crowded with significant traffic jams. Kind of like Yogi, "no one goes there anymore, its too crowded"! But is worth the experience with good planning with proper expectations.