Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Diminished Value Claim Report

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 07:45 AM
Teekster is on a distinguished road
Not Aston related, but I recently had my Range Rover Sport trade in value lowered by $11,500 because of a minor rear end tap and tailgate replacement that shows on the Carfax. I am currently working with the other party’s insurance to recoup that loss.

This was a minor low speed impact resulting in cosmetic damage only. Carfax has gotten completely out of hand. There should really be categories of damage that get reported.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:41 AM
Curly Sue is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Ouch, that hurts.

In the Gaydon book it's said that an Aston has to be extensively damaged to be totaled. I don't see $45,000 in damage which would be the cars value if SS or $50 if M6, generalizing. Once over 30,000 they go down pretty quick. But if you add in the diminished value claim, it might add up to full value. The Aston certified shop estimate will get you started. And that is something you would only want fixed by an Aston certified body shop, which are few and far between, and there are different grades of the certification for the shops IIRC.

I take it SF is their insurance?

Want your car totalled? Definitely get a DV appraisal prior to repairs in an effort to make the insurance company realize that they will lose more money by repairing the car. Add the loss of use, likely supplement and that could convince them. If they still want to repair the car you've already got your DV appraisal. Try these guys: https://aston-martindiminishedvalue.com/

Old 06-14-2018, 08:07 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Curly Sue
Want your car totalled? Definitely get a DV appraisal prior to repairs in an effort to make the insurance company realize that they will lose more money by repairing the car. Add the loss of use, likely supplement and that could convince them. If they still want to repair the car you've already got your DV appraisal. Try these guys: https://aston-martindiminishedvalue.com/
Is this legitimate? Have you used them before? The amateur site design makes me worried lol

I'm sure if I get a DV report done, the other insurance company would prob cover that cost during my claim?

Old 06-14-2018, 05:30 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Bunch of crap web site. Replace Aston-Martin in the web address with any other high end car brand and it's the same site with different pics. Just a scam.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:03 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Are there reputable DV services anyone is aware of?

Old 06-15-2018, 06:09 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Bunch of crap web site. Replace Aston-Martin in the web address with any other high end car brand and it's the same site with different pics. Just a scam.
There is no more reputable company than St. Lucie Appraisal. Different sites for different types of cars is called "marketing" or do you think they could earn a living just preparing diminished value appraisals for Aston-Martins? You should offer a sincere apology.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:13 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Just get an appraisal from an Aston Martin certified repair shop. I brought my Vantage to one for an estimate a few stone chips around the hood. They said it was 11K to fix the stone chips and that was an excellent price.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:02 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Curly Sue
There is no more reputable company than St. Lucie Appraisal. Different sites for different types of cars is called "marketing" or do you think they could earn a living just preparing diminished value appraisals for Aston-Martins? You should offer a sincere apology.
Bull. Marketing for more than one brand involves listing the brands you appraise on a single website. Having multiple websites, one for each brand, is a smokescreen to make them look like the brand experts they aren't. Like I said, they are just trying to scam owners into believing they know more about Astons than any other appraiser.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Bull. Marketing for more than one brand involves listing the brands you appraise on a single website. Having multiple websites, one for each brand, is a smokescreen to make them look like the brand experts they aren't. Like I said, they are just trying to scam owners into believing they know more about Astons than any other appraiser.
Fear is much easier to achieve than education. For other Aston-Martin owners, do your due diligence and check reviews on independent appraisal companies. As far as being an Aston-Martin expert, St. Lucie Appraisal obtains the opinions of six sales managers at Aston-Martin dealerships to reach their diminished value conclusion. Those guys are the REAL experts which makes this such an outstanding report that will stand up in any court. EVERY other independent appraiser will base his number on a formula, algorithm or other short cut. Some just offer their "expert opinions" with nothing to back it up besides their years and years of experience! All you need to do is call one of them and ask if they query Aston-Martin dealers, how many, are the names and contact info listed on their appraisal for verification purposes? Will they act as your advocate in conversations with insurance personnel, provide depositions and trial testimony?

You can listen to XJRS Owner or you can investigate on your own and you'll find that what I have written is true. And I'm sure they will be happy to discuss past diminished value appraisals they did on Aston-Martins if you call them.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:51 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
It's the CAR business with involved insurance folks, and lawyers. they are all want $$$$ crooks!

Old 06-28-2018, 08:30 AM
Just an update, my Aston dealer's preferred bodyshop (not AM certified, closest one is 6hrs away) performed a tear down for 1 week - provided an estimate to repair damages at $57,005.80 to State Farm. This is looking like it's going to be a total loss situation, not DV

Old 06-28-2018, 04:31 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Holy smokes that's high. I hope State Farm doesn't raise my rates now!

Old 07-04-2018, 06:54 AM
Yes it is

Total Loss has determined the value of the car at $66k

This is a 2010 V8 Vantage sportshift @ 31kmiles with a couple of VelocityAP additions and ceramic coated paint. They rated the condition of the car precrash the highest possible, 10/10 on condition and maintenance

Hopefully this helps someone with valuation in the future

Old 07-04-2018, 12:18 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
That's a very generous valuation for what would be considered a modified car with fairly high mileage, compared to the current marketplace. You did extremely well to maintain a 10 after 33k miles, how do you avoid the constant barrage of rocks thrown at you?

Old 07-04-2018, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
That's a very generous valuation for what would be considered a modified car with fairly high mileage, compared to the current marketplace. You did extremely well to maintain a 10 after 33k miles, how do you avoid the constant barrage of rocks thrown at you?
The very first thing I did when I received the car was perform a full paint correction that took almosf 18hrs. Following, did a 3 layer of ceramic coating (CarPro CQuartz) that would give the paint some hydrophobic properties and sort of an “outer shell.” This however does not prevent any sort of debris chips you may encounter on the road, you can buy a V8 Vantage Clear Bra kit for $150 and apply it yourself on top of the ceramic coatin, which I did. Full front end, quarter panel rock guards and mirrors were clear bra’d. So my paint always looked perfect

Attached are images of the car:

1: unfiltered/raw from my phone - to get a idea of the paint finish
2: professional photo

Last edited by lilseevs; 07-04-2018 at 01:17 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Diminished Value Claim Report