Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Side Mirror Glass Shaking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 10:16 AM
willin58 is an unknown quantity at this point
Side Mirror Glass Shaking

I've noticed the driver's side mirror shaking on my '07 DB9. I've confirmed it's not the assembly itself as the mounting screws were already tight. Also, holding the assembly while driving makes no difference.

Does the mirror portion of the assembly pop out with a good pull or is there something more to it? I don't wanna yank on it and break it if there's another way.

Thanks.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Unless your mirror is damaged (which would explain it), but from my experience odds are your tires are out of balance/flat spotted/feathered. Body shake is rear tires and steering wheel is commonly the front. You may not feel the vibration in your seat cushion but the body of the car isn't as dampened so the mirror shakes.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:21 PM
willin58 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks, Irish. I'll find out in a week or so when I get my new tires installed. I would think that both side mirrors would shake if a tire's outta balance, but if it's subtle, I guess I could see it happening only on the one side.

Thanks again.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:06 PM
Thinking is on a distinguished road
Pull the mirror glass out of the housing (it just pops out) and see if anything is broken. If the right side mirror isn't shaking , I would discount the tire theory.

Old 03-21-2018, 05:22 AM
mackorbuddy is an unknown quantity at this point
From my owners manual:

Door mirror vibration can occur if the mirrors have been moved manually (folded / unfolded), either intentionally or accidentally. To reset the linkage operate the power fold function once to fold / unfold the mirrors.