Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Any recommendations for Dryer ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 10:15 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Any recommendations for Dryer ?

I am thinking of getting a dryer and found this at Amazon:

Amazon Amazon

Metro Vacuum SK-1 Air Force Blaster Sidekick Compact and Portable Car, Truck, SUV & Motorcycle Dryer | Air Speed: 18,000 FPM

Appreciate any suggestions.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:45 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I think to dry the entire car this unit is too small but they have bigger one with their price to match... I bought a great leaf blower and only use it to dry the car, works great and only cost me about $60 cdn

Old 05-29-2018, 07:34 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
You can get similar units that are rebranded...i have one identical to this but was branded for a 'pet' dryer for under $40 bucks...

i like the hand held unit because it is easy to maneuver without a hose. Takes me less that 10 minutes to dry off my vantage

Old 05-29-2018, 07:38 AM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MRCW
You can get similar units that are rebranded...i have one identical to this but was branded for a 'pet' dryer for under $40 bucks...

i like the hand held unit because it is easy to maneuver without a hose. Takes me less that 10 minutes to dry off my vantage
Great! Which one is it (brand etc) ?

Old 05-29-2018, 12:17 PM
superuser is on a distinguished road
Not really what you asked about but I have a Simple Chuck spotless water treatment system and it works great: https://crspotless.com/product/double-chuck-dark-blue/ Makes cleaning everything much easier and quicker even my home windows:-)

Old 05-29-2018, 01:39 PM
chriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nice
I went larger so I could more effectively dry the car and faster. Granted, carrying it around is less convenient but I could use the workout.

Amazon Amazon

Old 05-29-2018, 05:59 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cuddapah
Great! Which one is it (brand etc) ?
o
i think mine was a pet pro or something... got mine about 2 years ago... it only has one nozzle . got it on ebay i think... here is something similarlooks like this one is $68 now
www.chewy.com/metrovac-air-force-quick-draw-pet/dp/131669

Old 05-29-2018, 06:12 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I've been using a leaf blower for years. Works very well. Light and easy to maneuver and store.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:29 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I have the 8hp one and it's a beast. Have to hold the hose tight!

Old 05-30-2018, 11:43 AM
metaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 05-30-2018, 12:58 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
110mph that will get the water off the car....

Old 05-30-2018, 01:03 PM
metaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by handyman2009
110mph that will get the water off the car....

Yeah, it works great.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:43 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
I use a cabled, dedicated leaf blower to dry cars.

Dedicated since the leaf blower to vacuum and blow leafs looks terrible from dust and dirt.

I think it is this model I use.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Toro-225...1618/204325847

Old 05-30-2018, 11:00 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
I was always told to never use a leaf blower as the filter does not prevent particulates from entering the exhaust stream....

The image of a leaf blower sending a sandstorm of particulates against the paint has always kept me from trying to use the leaf blower from drying the cars.

It was my understanding that dryers built for cars had filters to prevent the above....

?? ??

Old 05-31-2018, 07:52 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Batman-76
I was always told to never use a leaf blower as the filter does not prevent particulates from entering the exhaust stream....

The image of a leaf blower sending a sandstorm of particulates against the paint has always kept me from trying to use the leaf blower from drying the cars.

It was my understanding that dryers built for cars had filters to prevent the above....

?? ??
when you drive on the interstate, you entering a sand storm as well?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any recommendations for Dryer ?