6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Weird Sound (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/421312-weird-sound.html)

Prefurbia 06-12-2018 10:55 AM

Weird Sound

After a breakfast meeting this morning at a restaurant walking distance from the Aston Dealer I went over a minor pothole at low speeds, maybe 3" deep at a crawl. Afterwards it sounded as if the exhaust system fell off and was dragging, a very loud scraping sound about 500 feet from the service entrance of the AM dealer. It continued to make the sound till I got to the service entrance then stopped. I've not been able to replicate it with the service rep, and since then have driven about 50 miles with no occurrence of the problem again.

Anybody have anything similar?

2015 V12S with 10,500 miles, no hard driving.

spinecho 06-12-2018 01:39 PM

Rock caught in the brakes? Happens to me on occasion but I live on a gravel road.

Prefurbia 06-12-2018 02:33 PM

Could have been a rock I guess, but was awful sounding and loud (Carbon discs).

BDubbs 06-12-2018 04:28 PM

Pretty sure like everyone else said... rock in the brakes. I had the same thing, i had just self installed my cat delete pipes and drove about 2 miles then all of a sudden it sounded like i was dragging my pipes! Thought one rattled loose and was dragging on the pavement, it sounded so bad i was worried it was something much worse. I was able to pull over and checked underneath, and everything looked good. Drove about 20 more seconds and it went away. That was 1,000 miles ago, hasnt happened since. I am pretty confident it was a rock, but scary at the time due to the level of noise it produced!

blue2000s 06-12-2018 04:28 PM

Did it sound anything like this at about 20 seconds?

J doubleU 06-12-2018 05:13 PM

The only thing about the rock theory is he has CCM brakes which damage easily. Not sure if a stone would make the same noise as an iron disc? Whatever it was it's gone now.

HabitualOffender 06-12-2018 06:29 PM

First I thought of was that DeMuro clip!

spinecho 06-12-2018 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by J doubleU (Post 4721331)
The only thing about the rock theory is he has CCM brakes which damage easily. Not sure if a stone would make the same noise as an iron disc? Whatever it was it's gone now.

Geez, they're not that fragile. And I can confirm that yes, it does make a similar noise!

BDubbs 06-12-2018 10:23 PM

Yeah, i saw that Demuro clip before i bought my Vantage (and yeah, similar sound i think, hard to know for sure as i was a bit panicked when it happened- it sounded like metallic scraping)... side note- i hated listening to him talk about the car. Luckily i did my research on 6speed for a few months and bought one despite dougs thoughts on how wierd and strange everything was.... lol.

HabitualOffender 06-12-2018 11:06 PM

That clip where he parked on an incline so he could make fun of the doors closing on him really showed his true color. Green. He'd do anything for clickbait.

Prefurbia 06-13-2018 06:17 AM

That noise was similar in the clip to what I heard... so far nothing new.