Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Weird Sound

Old 06-12-2018, 10:55 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Weird Sound

After a breakfast meeting this morning at a restaurant walking distance from the Aston Dealer I went over a minor pothole at low speeds, maybe 3" deep at a crawl. Afterwards it sounded as if the exhaust system fell off and was dragging, a very loud scraping sound about 500 feet from the service entrance of the AM dealer. It continued to make the sound till I got to the service entrance then stopped. I've not been able to replicate it with the service rep, and since then have driven about 50 miles with no occurrence of the problem again.

Anybody have anything similar?

2015 V12S with 10,500 miles, no hard driving.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:39 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Rock caught in the brakes? Happens to me on occasion but I live on a gravel road.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:33 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Could have been a rock I guess, but was awful sounding and loud (Carbon discs).

Old 06-12-2018, 04:28 PM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough
Pretty sure like everyone else said... rock in the brakes. I had the same thing, i had just self installed my cat delete pipes and drove about 2 miles then all of a sudden it sounded like i was dragging my pipes! Thought one rattled loose and was dragging on the pavement, it sounded so bad i was worried it was something much worse. I was able to pull over and checked underneath, and everything looked good. Drove about 20 more seconds and it went away. That was 1,000 miles ago, hasnt happened since. I am pretty confident it was a rock, but scary at the time due to the level of noise it produced!

Old 06-12-2018, 04:28 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Did it sound anything like this at about 20 seconds?

Old 06-12-2018, 05:13 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
The only thing about the rock theory is he has CCM brakes which damage easily. Not sure if a stone would make the same noise as an iron disc? Whatever it was it's gone now.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:29 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
First I thought of was that DeMuro clip!

Old 06-12-2018, 07:55 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by J doubleU
The only thing about the rock theory is he has CCM brakes which damage easily. Not sure if a stone would make the same noise as an iron disc? Whatever it was it's gone now.
Geez, they're not that fragile. And I can confirm that yes, it does make a similar noise!

Old 06-12-2018, 10:23 PM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, i saw that Demuro clip before i bought my Vantage (and yeah, similar sound i think, hard to know for sure as i was a bit panicked when it happened- it sounded like metallic scraping)... side note- i hated listening to him talk about the car. Luckily i did my research on 6speed for a few months and bought one despite dougs thoughts on how wierd and strange everything was.... lol.

Old 06-12-2018, 11:06 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
That clip where he parked on an incline so he could make fun of the doors closing on him really showed his true color. Green. He'd do anything for clickbait.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:17 AM
That noise was similar in the clip to what I heard... so far nothing new.