Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Just so darn happy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 09:49 PM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough
Loved reading this post! I've actually read it a couple times since it was posted. What a joy to own these cars. Most people ive enciuntered are admirers and very nice and inquisitive. BUT, i did have one extremely negative guy yelling at me from the sidewalk... it caught me offguard and was the only negative so far. Im sure he just had a bad day. Like HO said, its not gonna stop me from being a courtious driver or deter me, i enjoy every moment behind the wheel. This post summed it up quite nicely, thanks for posting!!

Old 07-04-2018, 04:54 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
This is why you need machine guns, rockets and armored glass... the Q Branch option pack

Old 07-04-2018, 12:39 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
I would think most are trying to read the emblem and figure out what car it is. And trying to get a pic on their phone. The cutters are gonna do it regardless of what you drive, that's their MO.

Old 07-04-2018, 12:48 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Maybe I'm lucky but response to my Aston has been almost entirely positive. For example, the other day, a guy came over to look at the car when I was parked on the street for a couple of minutes, and after a lot of grins and friendly questions, concluded "good luck with your mission".

As for a**hats cutting you off or tailgating, assuming you are not doing the same, I think it says more about the people doing it than the folks on the receiving end. It just seems to be one of those infrequent but irritating constants in life, no matter where you go or what you drive!

Old 07-04-2018, 03:46 PM
ROBERTSCOTTNEILLY is an unknown quantity at this point
BDubbs, while it is NOT true that the world is full of asshats, they ARE placed strategically so that you can pretty much count on running into one most every day!

Old 07-04-2018, 07:32 PM
DonRW2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Definitely many are trying to figure out the marque as they creep up on the back bumper... makes me nervous nonetheless. I have experienced more positive feedback than negative, but just this afternoon someone in an earlier vintage Camaro swerved intentionally into my lane for no apparent reason (other than to be an ***).

i do drive respectfully, and will continue to turn the other cheek (or fender) to the best of my ability...

DRW

Old 07-04-2018, 10:17 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DonRW2007
Definitely many are trying to figure out the marque as they creep up on the back bumper... makes me nervous nonetheless.
This is the majority and you have to calculate the "objects are closer than they appear" optics of the mirror, and the fact the back bumper is not far away from you anyway. It used to make me really nervous but it doesn't anymore as I leave plenty of room in front. I have no idea where the front is nor do I want it that close to the car ahead so I can just roll it forward 6" to say "yo, back off!"

Old 07-12-2018, 09:08 PM
KiwiSG is on a distinguished road
Great post, exactly what Astons were made for, not just as a form of transport but for something to enjoy ! well said...

Old 07-16-2018, 04:43 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Every time I drive my Vantage aggressively I'm so impressed with the sports car that it is. The reactions are crisp, the brakes bite hard, the chassis is communicative and the steering has so much feel. The attitude of the chassis is so controllable with the throttle. Slides are easily induced and caught. The mid-front layout is so beautifully balanced. Plus, all my Porsche buddies are jealous of the sound .

Old 07-17-2018, 11:20 AM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Plus, all my Porsche buddies are jealous of the sound .
I'm sure everyone else has already done this, but if not, get your top down and/or windows open, Sport button pressed, fuse-pulled/bypass valve open, then accelerate hard under a bridge or through a tunnel.
HOLY @#$%!!!!! I nearly scared myself to death as I thought all the hounds of hell were escaping an explosion in a ball bearing factory! It was GLORIOUS!