Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Bovee 1000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 12:03 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marmot
Maybe I'm lost in the sauce with my new Vantage (2007) but I can't find this 30 pin connector for an iPhone...is it under the arm rest and requires removing the arm rest? As in, you must use tools to access it because for the life of me I can't figure out whether the center console opens at all. My car does have the blue tooth indicator lights so I believe it has the Bluetooth option. It does have the Dolby Surround Sound Premium stereo option.
if you have the ipod option it's in the armrest console... if you don't, you'll either need to add a kit or use an FM transmitter set up

Old 04-07-2021, 12:09 PM
Marmot is an unknown quantity at this point
So just to be clear, the ipod integration 30 pin cable should be in what would otherwise be an ash tray or 'trinket tray' which has a power outlet or what would be a cigarette lighter type power outlet?

Old 04-07-2021, 01:15 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
inside front of arm rest as mention above if you have that option

Old 04-07-2021, 01:51 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
2007 doesn't have it, that's the gen 1 audio system. 2008 up only

Old 04-07-2021, 01:52 PM
Well that would explain it! Thanks!

Old 04-08-2021, 11:24 AM
Awdition is an unknown quantity at this point
Well that would explain it! Thanks!
I have a 2007 and went with the Mr. 12Volt device (mr12v.com) - works very well.

Old 04-08-2021, 11:29 AM
That looks like a really good solution. Was the installation difficult?

Old 04-08-2021, 11:34 AM
That looks like a really good solution. Was the installation difficult?
No - it takes about 20 min max.

I installed mine by taking off the waterfall center console, bypassing the optical connection straight into the back of the head unit. I actually placed it behind the carpet in the passenger foot well. It should also be possible to install it by bypassing the Navigation unit (if you have Nav) in the trunk (e’hem boot) - but I haven’t seen anyone do it that way yet. There are YouTube videos of AM owners who have taken the former approach.

Last edited by Awdition; 04-08-2021 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:19 PM
61mga will become famous soon enough
went with the mr12volt too in my 2007 vantage. spliced (comes with clever wire splicing gizmos) power to it from the cigarette lighter wires in the console (an 'unswitched source' as per instructions), set the dip switches, and then plugged the optical cables in the back of the CD unit (premium audio) as instructed. that's the cliff notes version . i also plugged a USB cell phone charger cable into the mr12volt unit (routed the business end out through the HVAC vent on the dash) and then plugged the microphone that comes with mr12volt into the unit and ran it to the cigarette lighter receptacle so as to provide proximity to my voice, then stuffed the whole kit and caboodle (the mr12volt unit) into the area under the waterfall that normally contains a navigation unit which i don't have. I would not be surprised if there was room under the waterfall even IF there was a navigation installed there. IDK...

the CD player still works BTW. the only limitation is that the first disc slot is electronically unusable..... or so i've been led to believe.

good luck with your project.

Old 04-08-2021, 12:23 PM
Very helpful! I would be fine with the CD player alone, but my wife on the other hand...I digress. I do have the navigation option. I'm wondering if the box can be hidden under the armrest though. since the power source is there with the cigar lighter socket.

Old 04-08-2021, 09:21 PM
Very helpful! I would be fine with the CD player alone, but my wife on the other hand...I digress. I do have the navigation option. I'm wondering if the box can be hidden under the armrest though. since the power source is there with the cigar lighter socket.
No ...the optical cables it needs to connect to are behind the CD player or in the boot.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:48 AM
I wonder if installing it in the trunk wouldn't be even simpler than the dashboard install...?

Old 04-09-2021, 11:20 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if installing it in the trunk wouldn't be even simpler than the dashboard install...?
if you have navigation, the box is in the left side rear cubby... that's the easiest location to access the MOST cables

Old 04-09-2021, 07:27 PM
slade is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 09 Vantage and I use the bluetooth for my phone which works very good. My question is if I add the Bovee to stream music from my phone will the car bluetooth still pickup my calls and mute the streaming music so I can answer or make calls. Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by slade
I have a 09 Vantage and I use the bluetooth for my phone which works very good. My question is if I add the Bovee to stream music from my phone will the car bluetooth still pickup my calls and mute the streaming music so I can answer or make calls. Thanks for any suggestions.
Yes, the AM factory Bluetooth mutes everything when a call is made/received.