Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vehicle transport referral needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 01:19 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Vehicle transport referral needed

Hello Gents.

I need to transport car from Minneapolis to CA, I know there is one here in forum, but their rate is almost 20% higher than most out there. and that's including their discount.

ANYONE else out their for enclosed carrier for decent price?

Thanks
Avo

Old 07-09-2018, 03:28 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Horseless Carriage.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:05 PM
SirFer is an unknown quantity at this point
I used Montway once and will never use them again so I do not recommend them. I have a friend who ships his Ferrari collection around and uses Autobox Express. I’m not sure how their pricing compares to the competition but if it’s all a nice car I’d much rather know it’s in good hands.

http://autoboxexpress.com/

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-09-2021 at 03:03 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:22 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 007JB
Hello Gents.

I need to transport car from Minneapolis to CA, I know there is one here in forum, but their rate is almost 20% higher than most out there. and that's including their discount.

ANYONE else out their for enclosed carrier for decent price?

Thanks
Avo
if you are talking about Intercity I can say confidently the reason they are higher is because it’s worth it. Your car will be picked up by a professional when they say they will, it will ride on a nice truck that’s insured, it will arrive just the way it left and on time. Every time.

I’ve shipped a ton of cars, open and closed transport. My last nightmare was sending a 52 Chevy 3100 to my father for his birthday present. They changed trucks, tried jumping another customers vehicle off of the 52 without realizing it had a 6 volt system. Left me with a 1200 dollar bill to fix the damage. I could tell you about other stories too.

I did have good luck w the Finest Careier out of souther California when shipping my turbo from the dealer to my house.

I just shipped two cars from Dallas to Boston, was flawless again. Next time I ship a car I’ll be calling intercity and asking is Jeff is available to drive my cars again. When my car shows up perfect I’ll forget about the 300 bucks I could have saved.

Last edited by tommyboy214; 07-09-2018 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:02 PM
DonRW2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
I used Golden Way Trucking for enclosed transport between Chicago and VA. To be honest, first time I’ve had a car shipped and I thought somewhat expensive, but arrived on time, unmolested, and the company had a detailed Bill of Lading and pictures for protection of both parties. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them. Can’t hurt to get a quote.

Best of luck,

DRW

Old 07-09-2018, 06:06 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I used Intercity and everything was good, but, they get in and out of the cars by climbing in and out of the drivers window. They probably all do. They put blankets over the door, but one must have slipped because mine got a jeans rivet dug into the door cap about 3/8" long. I saw it and my girlfriend at the time shamed me for being unhappy about it. I'm still mad at myself I didn't point it out and make them replace the cap ;/

Old 07-09-2018, 06:14 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
I used Intercity and everything was good, but, they get in and out of the cars by climbing in and out of the drivers window. They probably all do. They put blankets over the door, but one must have slipped because mine got a jeans rivet dug into the door cap about 3/8" long. I saw it and my girlfriend at the time shamed me for being unhappy about it. I'm still mad at myself I didn't point it out and make them replace the cap ;/
Im actually not sure if you are serious. If indeed your driver went through the driver window he is an idiot. I have shipped dozen or more cars closed transport and can assure you I’ve never seen this. Not to mention the driver would not have fit through the window on my turbo or the 275GTB on the truck this last run north.

Intercity is well insured why wouldn’t you have made a claim. At pick up they take plenty of pictures and spend the time to do a detailed condition report you have to sign off on, same at delivery.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:19 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I watched him climb in the car as he was commenting that's how they had to get in them as the doors won't open far enough.

As I said, I was shamed into not saying anything and have been pissed at myself every time I look at it, which is every time I get in the car, it's on the drivers door cap.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:50 PM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough
I am sorry to say i had the same experience as HO.... had my car shipped from CA to WA, arranged by the dealer. BAD idea. It was supposed to arrive in the early afternoon (daylight) but instead got here at 830 pm in the dark. The trailer was definitely not wide enough to open the door, so the driver climbed into the driver side window... it was a struggle for him to get in - and i was holding myslef back cause my family was there.... I was pretty pissed but kept it to myself. Did the best "once over" that i could in pitch black with a flashlight and tons of road dust.... it was an enclosed trailer, so i dont know how it got so dusty. Washed it the next day and there were definitely some scratches on it, luckily all buffed out ok. Still, i would pay for a reputable company to take care of your car, it's cheaper than fixing your paint.... (or the driver if you lose your temper...lol)

Old 07-09-2018, 08:36 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
If you guys dont mind, could you post the pricing you had for your trips? Trying to get a ballpark figure of what it would cost to ship from Palm Beach to St Louis

Old 07-09-2018, 08:40 PM
Boise to Jersey - $2250

Some quotes are going to be higher because they're further off the path, further off their regular rout, sometimes they're switch trucks in the middle, I'd just get a few quotes and you won't have to judge by non-comparables.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:56 AM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
I used Exotic Car Transport to ship my car from Houston to Atlanta and had a good experience, but seeing as how their website is currently suspended by the provider I don't think I'd recommend them. I would check with several different companies on rates. Rates can fluctuate based on current routes and where they have other pickups. I called and talked to several different companies.

The truck my car was shipped in had big doors every few feet down the sides. Ideally a car would be loaded so that you could open one of the big doors to allow the car door to be opened.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:17 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Horseless Carriage? The worst nightmare I ever had when they shipped my first Aston (a Lagonda) - from Atlanta to Minneapolis. This was before the internet existed, and so I sent hundreds of faxes to dealers across the nation explaining what I went through. Their attorney called me demanding I send a rebuttal letter, and I told him - please sue me, so I have it on record at court what Horseless Carriage had done to me, and them I can send out another fax afterwords. That was the last I heard from them. In the end it cost me a trip to Chicago if I wanted to see my car within a month! Needless to say there was no refund for my costs or time. That was three decades ago, perhaps they are better today, but I'll never use them again - ever.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:20 PM
DonRW2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by lilseevs
If you guys dont mind, could you post the pricing you had for your trips? Trying to get a ballpark figure of what it would cost to ship from Palm Beach to St Louis
Chicago ‘burbs to Forest (Central) VA $850 (and delivered on a Sunday).

Old 07-10-2018, 04:40 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
It is all about the driver and if there is a claim how they handle it. Ideally it best they don't move the car after loading to shift other cars around or trans-load to another trailer. I ship nearly coast to coast 7x's a year, important cars. Had one claim with Intercity, they paid immediately. Lost my key FOB. Had a larger claim including an overcharge with Plycar ... never again with them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vehicle transport referral needed