Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Oil change with ramps?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 04:12 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Oil change with ramps?

anyone do oil changes for V8V with ramps? I have a set of rhino ramps that I've used for lots of routine maintenance on many cars but first time on Aston with dry sump and three plugs to remove and replace...

also, amy special size filter wrench needed?

Old 09-09-2018, 05:14 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
I haven't tried, but I think I'd need to drive the car up some smaller ramps before going up the rhino ramp to avoid hitting the bumper. I use ramps after I lift the corners up with my jack. If you can get the car up on the ramps and get it level, you should be able to do the oil change.

I go through the procedure of lifting and setting on ramps at least once a year and while I'm going through it I always think to myself that next time I'm getting a quickjack but I still haven't yet.

Old 09-10-2018, 12:48 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
No problem if you can get the car up on the ramps. I made some custom ramps out of 2x10 long ago and they worked fine for the Vantage. The back plugs may be a little tight to get to, but not bad.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.