Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New generation of Astons.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 12:09 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
And I am now 3 days from making it 3 years without a points ticket!!
Got my first ticket in over a decade in the Rapide; 75 mph in a 35.... :-( Was able to reduce the fine in court, but still got the points on my insurance.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:26 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Got my first ticket in over a decade in the Rapide; 75 mph in a 35.... :-( Was able to reduce the fine in court, but still got the points on my insurance.
1 day!!!

I'm trying to see if it actually makes a difference in what State Farm hurts. I have never gone 3 years without at least a few tickets so making it is a minor miracle, especially driving a Vantage. I'm always a little wilder the first couple years I own a car until I've had plenty of fun and then I settle down a bit, I made it thru the weaning period with no points, because I was in the Vantage. I never imagined this car would get me out of tickets.

75 in a 35, unless you have the perfect spin 40 over puts you in a special class of screwed. 106 in a 65 is a guaranteed suspension here, with a good lawyer. so that you got to keep your license is actually surprising.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:42 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute

75 in a 35, unless you have the perfect spin 40 over puts you in a special class of screwed. 106 in a 65 is a guaranteed suspension here, with a good lawyer. so that you got to keep your license is actually surprising.
I argued in court I that I will take the officer's judgement that I was speeding, but in no way was I going that fast. Perhaps I was going 40 in a 35... They asked what make an "Asto" is and I said an Aston Martin. The judge was impressed... I was also cited for no front plate. They knocked that off my fine, but I said that should stay as I did not have a plate, but if they could lower the speeding fine even more. They agreed. From $475 down to $250; was worth a half day off from work.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:45 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
That actually worked?? You were doing 75, right? LOL

Old 09-21-2018, 07:08 AM
That actually worked?? You were doing 75, right? LOL
Honestly, I don't know how fast I was going, but it's nearly impossible to maintain 35 in a Toyota Corolla on this road. When he pulled me over, I was right behind a Camry FWIW. Did not see him at all. He asked if it was my car. It was right near an Adesa Car Auction facility, so I can imagine why he'd ask that.