I Am Officially A Vantage Owner - Page 2 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

I Am Officially A Vantage Owner

Old 09-27-2018, 06:18 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Oh my, what a beautiful Vantage! You will love it,especially with a stick. Well done!
Ron

Old 09-27-2018, 07:31 PM
DonRW2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Gorgeous... best of luck with this beautiful car.

DRW

Old 09-27-2018, 09:57 PM
RandyV is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the kind words everyone. It has been a long journey and I am really excited. Owning an Aston is special enough all by itself, but having the privilege of being able to own one of the last 100 Vantages of this era that were ever built just makes it that much more special.

Yellow Tang is such an unusual and cool color. The pictures don't do it justice. I had seen dozens of pictures of the car and was on the fence about the color until I finally saw it in person for the first time this week. I was sold immediately. The GTS decals were added by the original selling dealer (who I did not buy from). I have no clue where they got them or who made them. I am not one to mod cars but I think the decals really add something to the overall look. I had been looking at GTs for a while so it was kind of a nice extra to find this one with something that looks factory, even though it did not leave the factory that way.

Being a Lux car, it is loaded option-wise. I was torn over whether or not I wanted a car with the carbon fiber trim of the Sport model over the bight work on the Lux, but given the color of this car - the bright work definitely works.

The car is still at the dealer and will be tucked inside of an enclosed transporter soon to make the journey home to me. It's a bummer that it is so late in the year but I am sure there will be a couple of warm days left where I can drop the top and go for a cruise with my wife. Next spring and summer cannot come soon enough and I am anxious to hit some local shows and cruise nights with the car.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:18 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Congrats Randy, beautiful car!!

Old 09-28-2018, 10:37 AM
W126C will become famous soon enough
What a cool color. Congrats.

Regards,

Old 09-28-2018, 07:27 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by RandyV View Post
Yellow Tang is such an unusual and cool color. The pictures don't do it justice. I had seen dozens of pictures of the car and was on the fence about the color until I finally saw it in person for the first time this week. I was sold immediately.
I thought Tang only came in orange?

Do they even make Tang anymore?

I'm sure it looks better in person, they all do. I wanted a more subdued color, the only requirement it had to be light. I looked at every picture Google images could find and then some before I committed to fly to Boise to look at mine in person, and like you, as soon as I saw it, the knees get weak, and you just hope that the rest of it checks out as a good car because this one is the one you're ready to buy.

Enjoy!

Old 09-28-2018, 11:20 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Thatís gorgeous!

Old 09-29-2018, 09:02 AM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
Randy, Beautiful car! As a fellow owner of a roadster with a 6spd manual, you are going to love it.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender View Post
I thought Tang only came in orange?
Do they even make Tang anymore?
Ok - that was hysterical. But you made me look and the answer is yes - Tang is still out there.
Oddly, the paint does have a little bit of gold/orange tint to it. Hmmmm...

Old 09-30-2018, 01:51 AM
Thanks again to those of you who replied with congrats and comments. It's not even been a week since I closed the deal and it feels like an eternity.

The car will hopefully be on the transporter this Monday to start its journey west.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:53 PM
Dustan is on a distinguished road

Nice another Aston in Colorado. Just got back from cars and colors in telluride great time and a wonderful drive

Old 10-04-2018, 09:35 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
congrats, love the unique color.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:22 AM
got one is on a distinguished road
Hey Randy! Were in CO are you??? Depending on where you are, we have a group called Rocky Mountain Drives (on facebook) that do drives year around on nice days with quite a few of us Aston folks

Old 10-06-2018, 09:57 AM
@got_one: Hey there. I am in the Arvada are and will check out the RM Drives group . Hopefully I can make one of the drives sometimes.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:04 AM
Quick update - the car was delivered first thing this morning. Unfortunately, the weather is crap here today and is supposed to be bad all week. We have had unbelievable weather all the way up through last weekend and this week Mother Nature finally decides to drop fall weather on us. Oh well - no top-down driving just yet.

It's fantastic to actually have the car in the garage. I don't think it's really sunk in completely yet. Time to go through the manual and figure everything out. Hopefully we'll get one nice day soon so I can drop the top and really get the full experience here at home.

For as new as the car is, there are a couple of minor things I've already noticed that need some attention. The backup camera doesn't seem to be working and there is a minor wind leak somewhere on the driver side window. Otherwise, the car is flawless.

And the engine note is still pure magic. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that....

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I Am Officially A Vantage Owner

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.