Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Waterless car wash products

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 08:48 PM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Waterless car wash products

Maybe I’m old school and I use Meguir’s Deep Crystal Car Wash and water and p21s wax. But I’m hearing about these waterless car wash products. I doubt they won’t scratch your car like they claim. For those that detail their own AMs, what do you guys recommend to wash and wax your car?

Last edited by lovingit; 11-16-2018 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:56 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
OH boy ---- Check out thread Special Vehicle Care

My philosophy is if you can purchase at Walmart or Auto Zone the products are not necessarily junk, but close enough in my book. Meguire's does make good products and the Ultimate series is ok to fine. But Chemical Guys Maxi Suds and Mr Pink are better values and work as good or better.

If you want to wipe the vehicle down after a drive, or dust on it etc....... best products to use are the AMMONYC Frothe coupled with the Hydrate. I use this regularly and it is the best possible way to prevent scratching for a cleaning other than actually washing. Not cheap, but its the best, so why not get it.

Dry your vehicle with not only a specific micro fiber drying towel, but a lubricant to go with it. 75% of your swirls nd scratching comes from the drying phase. Best to use a Metro Sidekick or Master Blaster blower.

Let me know if you have more questions after reading that thread.

Old 11-23-2018, 01:01 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
The only realistic purpose of waterless car wash is if it's not practical or legal to wash the car traditionally, too cold outside, water restrictions, or something like that. It's basically a system where you drench a towel with soap and water and then wipe it against the car. There are techniques to wiping, but unless you're removing something no heavier than dust, you'll likely scratch the car.

Wash it in the traditional fashion with lots of water, automotive soap, and microfiber mits and towels. I like to first soak the car with a foam cannon.

Last edited by blue2000s; 11-23-2018 at 01:03 PM.