Need Help with my Aston Martin DBS - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > British > Aston Martin
Reload this Page >

Need Help with my Aston Martin DBS

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

Need Help with my Aston Martin DBS

  #1  
Old 11-28-2018, 09:16 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MN
Age: 38
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0
call2sala is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Help with my Aston Martin DBS

Hi, I am new to the site. Looking for help with my Aston DBS, in figuring out what parts are required to fix the crash. The workshop it has been in for a long time has backed out after I spent a lot of money on parts. Things are missing from the car and I do not know what is missing from which bracket. So, I have decided to do the project myself by at least sourcing the parts and then looking for a place to take it to for putting things together. Need help in figuring out what goes where. Is it possible to get a workshop manual somehow? Thanks

Once a beauty((((((
 
  #2  
Old 11-28-2018, 10:28 PM
mjanis's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Northern California
Age: 64
Posts: 142
Rep Power: 7
mjanis will become famous soon enough
Wow. You certainly have a project. You can get a factory workshop manual directly from Aston Martin. You can buy access to their technical site for 24 hours and download the manual, technical bulletins, etc.

https://www.astonmartintechinfo.com/login.aspx
 
  #3  
Old 11-29-2018, 05:32 AM
handyman2009's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Age: 54
Posts: 1,062
Rep Power: 54
handyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to behold
or try this

Various manuals
 
  #4  
Old 11-29-2018, 08:10 AM
brightoncorgi's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Boston
Posts: 862
Rep Power: 50
brightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud of
Hope you got it for a good price as those parts are going to add up quick!
 
  #5  
Old 11-29-2018, 08:55 AM
sonies's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Reno, NV
Age: 39
Posts: 732
Rep Power: 39
sonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to behold
I think you might need a radiator and some air filters, other than that some duct tape should do the trick!
 
  #6  
Old 12-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MN
Age: 38
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0
call2sala is an unknown quantity at this point
I got the radiator, cooler. Air filter boxes and some pipes. Stuck after that...
 
  #7  
Old 12-05-2018, 03:21 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MN
Age: 38
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0
call2sala is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by handyman2009 View Post
or try this

Various manuals
Thank you so much, You got a great collection, thanks for sharing.
A lot of sections in DBS manual are missing Like Engine, is there any way I can get those as well. They will be a great help
 
  #8  
Old 12-06-2018, 04:31 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 29
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
Archimedou is an unknown quantity at this point
I went exactly the same route.
Maybe mine was even harder as the head cam cover was hit and some small parts fall into the distribution chain cover in the front.
Very happy to help you if you have any questions.






 
  #9  
Old 12-06-2018, 07:46 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Plano Texas
Posts: 77
Rep Power: 9
boxercupdave has a spectacular aura aboutboxercupdave has a spectacular aura about
It's great seeing people doing these types of efforts on there cars. As our cars get older I'm sure we'll see more of this.

Call2sala, I would first use a scope to see if any debris has gotten into the intakes on both sides. I would also make a couple of plates to cover the openings until you put the intake assy back on.

First thing I'd do is get it to a point where you can apply battery power and start to bring up the systems. Maybe see what codes you get on the chassis port and when the engine is ready to run, see what if any codes show up on the ODB Engine port.

Dave
 
  #10  
Old 12-06-2018, 10:30 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MN
Age: 38
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0
call2sala is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Archimedou View Post
I went exactly the same route.
Maybe mine was even harder as the head cam cover was hit and some small parts fall into the distribution chain cover in the front.
Very happy to help you if you have any questions.





Wow, you did a great job bringing it back. Did you buy all new parts or used, may i know from where if used. Also will super appreciate if you can share more pics, maybe through google drive or dropbox.
Call me crazy but sometimes I feel that I am trying to finish a car using the catalog But I really do not want to take the car in to a workshop again unless I have all the parts as I cannot afford more parts being stolen!!
 
  #11  
Old 12-06-2018, 10:32 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MN
Age: 38
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0
call2sala is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by boxercupdave View Post
It's great seeing people doing these types of efforts on there cars. As our cars get older I'm sure we'll see more of this.

Call2sala, I would first use a scope to see if any debris has gotten into the intakes on both sides. I would also make a couple of plates to cover the openings until you put the intake assy back on.

First thing I'd do is get it to a point where you can apply battery power and start to bring up the systems. Maybe see what codes you get on the chassis port and when the engine is ready to run, see what if any codes show up on the ODB Engine port.

Dave
Thanks for the tips, will surely try to close all the openings. It doesn't have the radiator on so not sure if I can start it now.
 
  #12  
Old 12-06-2018, 01:40 PM
Irish07@VelocityAP's Avatar
Basic Sponsor
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 35
Rep Power: 6
Irish07@VelocityAP will become famous soon enoughIrish07@VelocityAP will become famous soon enough
Are the alternator and compressor missing as well, don't see them in the pic? Curious as why these are off when accident doesn't look to include subframe bits.

I've rebuilt numerous crashes from street to race GT4's, demarried countless amounts. Minus paint/prep and correcting alignment of panels/frame from crash, you have about a good week of work with bolting on parts, maybe even less(not bad as it looks). Are you looking for a complete list of stuff needed? I might be able to help but think your best bet is to visit a dealer and go through the parts catalog, page after page taking pictures. The big panel parts are easy, it's all the smaller brackets/clips/bolts that are going to be a PITA.



 
__________________
__________________
Technical Development & Support
Christopher Edgett
Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

206 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: [email protected]

www.velocityap.com
  #13  
Old 12-07-2018, 10:06 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MN
Age: 38
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0
call2sala is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Are the alternator and compressor missing as well, don't see them in the pic? Curious as why these are off when accident doesn't look to include subframe bits.

I've rebuilt numerous crashes from street to race GT4's, demarried countless amounts. Minus paint/prep and correcting alignment of panels/frame from crash, you have about a good week of work with bolting on parts, maybe even less(not bad as it looks). Are you looking for a complete list of stuff needed? I might be able to help but think your best bet is to visit a dealer and go through the parts catalog, page after page taking pictures. The big panel parts are easy, it's all the smaller brackets/clips/bolts that are going to be a PITA.



Thanks so much Christopher, that's very encouraging as many people have been telling me that I am months away. You got a real eye for things, you are right the alternator and compressor is missing which was supposed to be there. The workshop I gave my car to and was there for ages, took a lot of parts out of the car and at that time I did not know about these things when I had finally taken the car from his workshop, so I do not have any legal proof. The car was there for around 2 years and I trusted him like a real friend. He still owes me parts that I paid for. I decided to do the project myself and been looking at scuderia catalog to see what parts are required and might fit in empty gaps. If there is any kind of workshop manual, it will be really helpful to know if I am still missing on parts and match up what I have. So far my list includes;
Alterrnator, Compressor, 2 air box (complete Air Charging Section), Complete Grille Opening Section, Complete radiator Section, Some Engine Cooling pipes (been matching with catalog pictures), Air con pipes (Partly).
You are right about small parts are confusing like Sensors and some empty slots etc Like Drier is there in car but lines beyond it are missing.
 
  #14  
Old 12-07-2018, 12:16 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Atl
Posts: 184
Rep Power: 10
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Check Ebay for the manuals. Here's just one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASTON-MARTI...0AAOSwvD5aMWen

Cool to see somebody bringing a car back to life.
 
  #15  
Old 12-07-2018, 12:28 PM
Irish07@VelocityAP's Avatar
Basic Sponsor
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 35
Rep Power: 6
Irish07@VelocityAP will become famous soon enoughIrish07@VelocityAP will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by call2sala View Post
Thanks so much Christopher, that's very encouraging as many people have been telling me that I am months away. You got a real eye for things, you are right the alternator and compressor is missing which was supposed to be there. The workshop I gave my car to and was there for ages, took a lot of parts out of the car and at that time I did not know about these things when I had finally taken the car from his workshop, so I do not have any legal proof. The car was there for around 2 years and I trusted him like a real friend. He still owes me parts that I paid for. I decided to do the project myself and been looking at scuderia catalog to see what parts are required and might fit in empty gaps. If there is any kind of workshop manual, it will be really helpful to know if I am still missing on parts and match up what I have. So far my list includes;
Alterrnator, Compressor, 2 air box (complete Air Charging Section), Complete Grille Opening Section, Complete radiator Section, Some Engine Cooling pipes (been matching with catalog pictures), Air con pipes (Partly).
You are right about small parts are confusing like Sensors and some empty slots etc Like Drier is there in car but lines beyond it are missing.
Totally understand..well if you need my help in any way, my email is in the sig
 
__________________
__________________
Technical Development & Support
Christopher Edgett
Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

206 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: [email protected]

www.velocityap.com

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need Help with my Aston Martin DBS


Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.