Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Doug's review on DBS Superleggera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 05:24 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Doug's review on DBS Superleggera

I like this review

Old 01-23-2019, 07:25 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the post, I enjoyed the review.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:56 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
I know the guy has a uTube following. But seriously nobody that I respect in the automotive world gives a damm about what this guy says and neither do I.
I don’t look at his videos because it has zero impact on my automotive decisions. ( rant over Smile)

Old 01-24-2019, 10:26 AM
gaussianmist is an unknown quantity at this point
He has a very irritating way of speakinnnnnggggggggggg.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:28 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
I am going to go against the grain and say that I really do like Doug's videos and input. This video included. You can learn quite a bit about a car in a short 20min video. Not a replacement for real world experience with a car, but interesting. He is clearly a car guy with his own path and I really like that. Plus he makes videos in whatever tee shirt and shorts he put on that morning. His delivery is an acquired taste for sure. First video I was a skeptic... after a couple dozen.. Hmmm different take.

I also think I have a LOT of respect for a guy who is taking home conservatively more than $1M a year just from his YouTube channel. (of which he now has a second).
All this for helping us enjoy a car's 'quirks & features' ... which he does with good humor in about 20min a pop. Come on this guy does quite well driving exotics for a living. And frankly probably very few headaches in the process.

Good for him for banking $1M from just one of his income sources... with 'a few' YouTube followers... haha..

(PS I didn't just pull the financials from one web source... Someone prove me wrong.... One interesting source noted $5-7K a month earned revenue [after Youtube fees, etc] per 1M views a month... in general for these car channels... You can now go figure out what Hoovie, or McFarland makes.)

Last edited by RolexDaytona1; 01-24-2019 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:15 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RolexDaytona1
I am going to go against the grain and say that I really do like Doug's videos and input. This video included. You can learn quite a bit about a car in a short 20min video. Not a replacement for real world experience with a car, but interesting. He is clearly a car guy with his own path and I really like that. Plus he makes videos in whatever tee shirt and shorts he put on that morning. His delivery is an acquired taste for sure. First video I was a skeptic... after a couple dozen.. Hmmm different take.

I also think I have a LOT of respect for a guy who is taking home conservatively more than $1M a year just from his YouTube channel. (of which he now has a second).
All this for helping us enjoy a car's 'quirks & features' ... which he does with good humor in about 20min a pop. Come on this guy does quite well driving exotics for a living. And frankly probably very few headaches in the process.

Good for him for banking $1M from just one of his income sources... with 'a few' YouTube followers... haha..

(PS I didn't just pull the financials from one web source... Someone prove me wrong.... One interesting source noted $5-7K a month earned revenue [after Youtube fees, etc] per 1M views a month... in general for these car channels... You can now go figure out what Hoovie, or McFarland makes.)
https://socialblade.com/youtube/chan...JYTaEnf_vmTNqg

he's making a lot of money for reading owners manuals and making 20 minute videos
wish I thought of it

Doug's videos are interesting to me as you can see things you'd never know about otherwise with certain cars but for driving and mechanical things just don't even bother listening to him... the guy buys extended warranties on all his cars FFS, dude is dumb

Old 01-24-2019, 12:29 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
I enjoy his videos for the reviews of the interior and exterior. He usually points out things nobody else has noticed. If you want a good review of how the car drives look elsewhere, though. He gives ok general comments for daily driving, which is probably fine for a lot people who will buy the car, but he's no performance driver.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:16 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
I like Doug's review videos. I will be checking out a DBS this weekend and hopefully order one 🤞

Old 01-25-2019, 09:06 AM
willin58 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by sonies
the guy buys extended warranties on all his cars FFS, dude is dumb
I believe Rover paid out over 5x the warranty cost in repairs on Doug's RR alone and his Vantage payout was almost 2x. He knows (and has said as much) to only buy extended warranties on traditionally unreliable cars, so I'm not sure "dumb" is accurate, at least in this context.

I've been reading Doug's columns since before YouTube was ever a thought for him, so I was pretty well acquainted with his style. Like any other YouTube personality, it's a matter of taste. But whether you like his writing/videos or not, congrats to him for cashing in while doing something he loves.