AGM or non AGM battery - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AGM or non AGM battery

Old 01-23-2019, 02:12 PM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
AGM or non AGM battery

Dealer is selling an Interstate non AGM battery for v8v for $275. I found an Autocraft AGM battery for $190. Dealer says for our cars, AGM does not really matter. I've always thought AGM batteries last longer. Thoughts?

Old 01-23-2019, 03:55 PM
Gene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud of
If it doesn’t matter then why pay the stealer an extra $80 ?

Old 01-23-2019, 04:50 PM
englishmatt is an unknown quantity at this point
AGM holds the charge better when not used often. So, if you don't use your car often and do not have a trickle charger...AGM will last longer before needing a charge. I have AGM in all my bikes that do not get ridden but once or twice a qtr.

Also, AGM doesn't need to vent.

I just replaced the battery in my car with a Duracell Extreme AGM.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:11 PM
007JB is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by englishmatt View Post
AGM holds the charge better when not used often. So, if you don't use your car often and do not have a trickle charger...AGM will last longer before needing a charge. I have AGM in all my bikes that do not get ridden but once or twice a qtr.

what's the part # you use for duracell? how much you paid ?

Old 01-23-2019, 05:38 PM
SheriffDep is a glorious beacon of lightSheriffDep is a glorious beacon of lightSheriffDep is a glorious beacon of lightSheriffDep is a glorious beacon of lightSheriffDep is a glorious beacon of lightSheriffDep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 007JB View Post

I got the same one a week ago-----AGM Duracell was $212 including tax

AGM battery is what our cars are made for, has the small vent tube on the left side.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:08 PM
Duracell Ultra Platinum AGM BCI Group 94R Car and Truck Battery

SLI94RAGM

Got it from batteries plus for $199. Itís a perfect fit. AGM batteries do not have a vent tube.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:26 PM

SLI94RAGM

Got it from batteries plus for $199. Itís a perfect fit. AGM batteries do not have a vent tube.
thanks. I called my vendor, they're gonna do special price for me $145, because it's my car. how many month warranty they gave you on that?

Old 01-23-2019, 07:35 PM
thanks. I called my vendor, they're gonna do special price for me $145, because it's my car. how many month warranty they gave you on that?
I believe itís 48m, but I could be wrong. It will last forever though, my car lives on a CTEK charger.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:11 PM
SheriffDep is a glorious beacon of lightSheriffDep is a glorious beacon of lightSheriffDep is a glorious beacon of lightSheriffDep is a glorious beacon of lightSheriffDep is a glorious beacon of lightSheriffDep is a glorious beacon of light

SLI94RAGM

I have the same battery. There is a plug on the right side, and a vent tube plugs into the left side and then drops out the bottom of the vehicle. MAYBE this is not a vent tube and just some tube for something. But I have the same battery as you.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:17 PM
I believe they are all USA made. I'm gonna order one for my 2013 Vantage. It's time. thanks for info.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:49 AM
MRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of light
Group buy?

Old 01-24-2019, 10:48 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Check the date code!

I inadvertently bought a Duracell (as above) but it had been sitting too long on the shelf and 'should' have been returned to the mfg had anyone noticed...

I wound up with a dead/faulty battery 2 months later and had to do another (never enjoyable) battery swapout. They acknowledged it was the reseller's fault. But a lot of time wasted on my end.

2nd one has been fine.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:15 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
The Bosch AGM I put in most definitely has a vent tube.

I mentioned this in one of your other threads, but 2013+ (maybe 2012.5+?) cars use a different size than prior cars so make sure you are getting the correct size.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:25 PM
blue2000s has a spectacular aura aboutblue2000s has a spectacular aura about

Many AGM batteries have vent ports. All AGM batteries CAN vent hydrogen if charged at a excessive voltage levels, even the unvented ones.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by SheriffDep View Post
I have the same battery. There is a plug on the right side, and a vent tube plugs into the left side and then drops out the bottom of the vehicle. MAYBE this is not a vent tube and just some tube for something. But I have the same battery as you.
OK...not sure we have the same battery. I literally just went back out to car, took all the packing and carpet out to double check i'm not losing my mind and there is not a vent tube.

MY Duracell battery, absolutely does NOT have a vent tube anywhere at all. While i'm not debating if AGM batteries have vents or not....11 bikes in my garage, my RAM 3500 truck (which has 2 batteries) and now my Aston all have AGM batteries and NONE of them have vent tubes.

Not sure what all that means, but at least that's a data point.

Cheers,

Matt.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AGM or non AGM battery

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.