Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Exhaust Test - V8 Vantage with Capristo Valved Exhaust & Larini 200 Cell Sports Cats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 02:15 AM
E5PR1T will become famous soon enough
Exhaust Test - V8 Vantage with Capristo Valved Exhaust & Larini 200 Cell Sports Cats

Ever since I purchased my 2007 V8V 2 months ago I've been looking to add some noise to the car. I ran the car for a while with fuse 22 removed & it sounded nice, but I just wished I had a little more volume & maybe some performance gain with the high flow cats.

Purchased an used Capristo valved exhuast & brand new Larini sports cats. Finally got them installed.

With the valves closed the volume level is nice and quiet. Just like OEM with fuse 22 removed. With the valves open, it is extremely loud. Like very very loud. The cold start is actually quite perfect for me, but when I get on the throttle with the valves open. It feels like the whole world is shaking inside the cabin. Feels the same with the windows up or down. I do enjoy the power gain & the Capristo tone though.

Not sure what to do next. I guess I can drive around with the valves closed 95% of the time. The transition from closed to open is not smooth, the difference in volume is huge. With the valves open, it is little too much to handle, or maybe I just need to get used to it. Video below:

Last edited by E5PR1T; 02-10-2019 at 02:21 AM.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:59 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I have VAP straight pipes... sounds is glorious. I was at the Mercedes dealer last week and several sales guys came out to see what was making the wonderful sounds...

Old 02-10-2019, 06:44 PM
Vantage_007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good god, that's brilliant. I now know what kind of exhaust I'd like to get down the road. Right now, just running a stock setup with Fuse 22 removed.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:41 PM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
Okay, I agree that's probably too loud for day to day driving, but it sure sounds great in the video! I had to watch it twice

Old 02-14-2019, 02:53 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
For me the VAP Super Sport exhaust and secondary cat delete on my DB9 is about perfect. Fairly quiet at 75mph and can be driven fairly quiet. However under load and full throttle its loud, but still bearable. Going with the 200 cell cats or a delete will increase the noise significantly. So in the above video the exhaust without the 200 cell's could or possibly may not be bad. It does sound glorious.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:04 PM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough
Same as SheriffDep, VAP cat deletes and super sport muffler in my 2011 V8V. Sounds incredible, still quiet enough under 2,500 rpm. And pretty mild unless you put your foot down, then its fantastic! The super sport has a built in x pipe for a more exotic sound.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:59 PM
Update: after 250 miles it seems like the cats are more broken in now. The tone has changed a bit. It feels more higher pitch now. See video below. I have decided to keep this set up because driving around town with valves closed is perfect. Although I still think it's too loud when the valves are open, I only use it about 1% of the time.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:58 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Sounds good!!

Old 03-03-2019, 05:20 PM
along624 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by E5PR1T
Ever since I purchased my 2007 V8V 2 months ago I've been looking to add some noise to the car. I ran the car for a while with fuse 22 removed & it sounded nice, but I just wished I had a little more volume & maybe some performance gain with the high flow cats.

Purchased an used Capristo valved exhuast & brand new Larini sports cats. Finally got them installed.

With the valves closed the volume level is nice and quiet. Just like OEM with fuse 22 removed. With the valves open, it is extremely loud. Like very very loud. The cold start is actually quite perfect for me, but when I get on the throttle with the valves open. It feels like the whole world is shaking inside the cabin. Feels the same with the windows up or down. I do enjoy the power gain & the Capristo tone though.

Not sure what to do next. I guess I can drive around with the valves closed 95% of the time. The transition from closed to open is not smooth, the difference in volume is huge. With the valves open, it is little too much to handle, or maybe I just need to get used to it. Video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRMs4C7cdF8

Random question - are you in CA and does your license plate start with 8G?

Old 03-03-2019, 05:58 PM
branjk is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds good. With the valves open it does sound a little too loud
By the way, what rims are on the car? Those aren't factory are they?

Old 03-03-2019, 06:33 PM
Yep valves open is very loud. I only drive around with valves closed now.

Wheels are Forgestar CF10's, 19x9 +38 front 19x11 +53 rear, textured gunmetal color.

Originally Posted by branjk
sounds good. With the valves open it does sound a little too loud
By the way, what rims are on the car? Those aren't factory are they?