Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

VelocityAP 2019 Vantage Exhaust, Downpipes & ECU Tuning Development

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 10:00 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by programmatore
Plus the cost of the VelocityAP exhaust mufflers, right?
Correct, or an OEM Quad tip muffler would also work.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 04-16-2019, 10:41 AM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
Does this change the sound at all? Or just appearance?

Also, the secondary cat delete pipe for $795, I assume I need to buy two for my car?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
We don't have it listed on our site just yet, we are just working on costings and finalizing fitments.

However, should break down something like:
Valances: $600
Quad Tips: $695
Optional Black Ceramic: $200

Old 04-16-2019, 11:59 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by terrence
Does this change the sound at all? Or just appearance?

Also, the secondary cat delete pipe for $795, I assume I need to buy two for my car?

Thanks.
Secondary delete pipes are $795 for the pair L&R. We will be ready to start shipping some tomorrow.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 04-16-2019, 12:40 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Secondary delete pipes are $795 for the pair L&R. We will be ready to start shipping some tomorrow.
I am tempted to get the secondary delete pipes now but I'm concerned about smelling exhaust fumes. I may wait for your catted primary downpipes.

Will there be a noticeable increase in power between the catted primary downpipes and the secondary delete pipes? I realize that most of the power will probably come from the ECU tune but I may not get that until next year (I want to track the car in stock tune first before upgrading.)

Old 04-16-2019, 12:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by programmatore
I am tempted to get the secondary delete pipes now but I'm concerned about smelling exhaust fumes. I may wait for your catted primary downpipes.

Will there be a noticeable increase in power between the catted primary downpipes and the secondary delete pipes? I realize that most of the power will probably come from the ECU tune but I may not get that until next year (I want to track the car in stock tune first before upgrading.)
Couple things to consider. Firstly, I think replacing the secondaries with deletes compared to replacing the primaries with sport cats would be pretty much equivalent in terms of fuel smells. I don't think deleting the secondaries would make a noticeable difference in that regard. Remember AM offered some of the V12 cars with secondary deletes in Europe as OEM parts.

Secondly, we have only done catless versions of the primary deletes. We may do a catted version eventually but will require prototyping, testing and may be a ways off.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 04-18-2019, 09:07 PM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
Can you post the link for me to order them? Thanks.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:38 PM
injust tried to order from your website but it kept going back to the previous page when i tried to check out. Should I just call and place the order? What number! Thanks.

Old 04-19-2019, 11:52 AM
Basic Sponsor
injust tried to order from your website but it kept going back to the previous page when i tried to check out. Should I just call and place the order? What number! Thanks.
http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-Mart...82019decat.htm

Not sure what the issue is there - could be a browser issue on your computer maybe? If you'd like to order, just email info@velocityap.com with you billing/shipping address and phone number and we can send you an invoice & payment link.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 04-19-2019, 12:20 PM
By the way, what is the 5% tax for?

Old 04-19-2019, 12:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
By the way, what is the 5% tax for?
Canadian Residents Only.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 04-20-2019, 11:17 AM
diononiz will become famous soon enough
In summary to upgrade my OEM single (dual if you consider both sides) to twin (quad). I would need Valences plus quad tips?

is there any change in sound?

Thanks again

Old 04-20-2019, 12:02 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by diononiz
In summary to upgrade my OEM single (dual if you consider both sides) to twin (quad). I would need Valences plus quad tips?

is there any change in sound?

Thanks again
You would also need the factory quad exhaust or the Velocity AP exhaust. The factory dual exhaust will not accommodate the Velocity AP larger quad tips.

Correct, or an OEM Quad tip muffler would also work.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:30 PM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
Hi Stewart, are the dual to quad conversion available yet?

Old 07-02-2019, 06:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by ncamv8
Hi Stewart, are the dual to quad conversion available yet?
At present we can supply our upgraded tailpipes, along with an OEM Aston Quad Muffler & Valances to convert it over.

Our VelocityAP Exhaust option + upgraded tails & valances should be passed Beta versions soon, and available to order.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 07-17-2019, 11:32 PM
Do you offer ECU tune yet? Handheld programmer?

Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VelocityAP 2019 Vantage Exhaust, Downpipes & ECU Tuning Development