Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

who here daily drives their v8 vantage sport shift?

Old 02-12-2019, 03:13 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
who here daily drives their v8 vantage sport shift?

so im closing on my first Ferrari- F430 on Thursday. Super excited. I have my Aston, that i just dont drive enough. I had a crazy idea- instead of selling the car for 35k-40k- daily drive it instead.

hardest part i see is morning commute crazy traffic and stop and go on a sportshift.

Is it worth it?

My current daily is a ISF, which is the best daily you can have. amazing car. But just sad and not sure i want to get rid of the Aston just yet!

Old 02-12-2019, 03:47 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
You can always try it. It may just need a clutch sooner than you think.

Old 02-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Scottiejo is on a distinguished road
I've done it, not the easiest thing to drive in stop and go Southern California traffic. I know it's in my head but the car seems to be a traffic magnet! Currently getting clutch and flywheel replaced with the VAP upgrade. I suspect the stop and go 163 and 5 in San Diego contributed to an early death.

Old 02-12-2019, 09:32 PM
Stealthssfc is on a distinguished road
Ive daily driven my 2011 V8S for the since June 2017 and love it. I have put about 18k miles on her in that timeframe. Im not sure what year or ASM tranny you have but mine is the ASM2. I can't speak to how the ASM1 drives but once you understand how to drive with the ASM transmission its not bad at all, even in stop and go traffic. Its really no different than driving a manual in traffic only easier on your left leg. Definitely never use the D button and always use the paddles. As long as you take care of the car she will take care of you. I plan on using mine as a daily for the next couple years.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:38 AM
bolteon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Stealthssfc
Ive daily driven my 2011 V8S for the since June 2017 and love it. I have put about 18k miles on her in that timeframe. Im not sure what year or ASM tranny you have but mine is the ASM2. I can't speak to how the ASM1 drives but once you understand how to drive with the ASM transmission its not bad at all, even in stop and go traffic. Its really no different than driving a manual in traffic only easier on your left leg. Definitely never use the D button and always use the paddles. As long as you take care of the car she will take care of you. I plan on using mine as a daily for the next couple years.
Yeah, there's no magic to driving a ASM2— it's silly easy and I prefer it over the 6 speed Centenary I drive now, but when there's only 1 manual Centenary: you buy it.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:54 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I've had ASM1, ASM2, and with my V12S ASM3 - never a problem with any of them, except my 2015 GT (ASM2) had two computers go out that were replaced under warranty. I never drove any in D mode - ever, but always let it downshift (it will downshift automatically nicely in manual mode) automatically. The ASM2 in the GT was a wee bit more refined.