Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Vantage V8 - Offline (local) Parts Manual

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 07:53 AM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
Aston Martin Vantage V8 - Offline (local) Parts Manual

I use the Aston Martin Parts manual & diagrams at a www.astonmartintechinfo.com quite often. So if they follow through with their already late announcement (see below) it's likely they'll put everything behind their subscription based firewall. This would be disappointing since for years AM provided this information in the public domain without fee or restriction. Just in case they do - download a local copy.

Notice of closing the techinfo source

Anyway, I figure they might do that so I used a tool to replicate the entire AMv8 parts manuals and diagrams on my local pc. Sorry I only did this for the Vantage V8 model but if it's still accessible do the same for DB7, Vanquish, DB9 and other models. (I used HTTracker)

If you want a local Windows PC parts manual that will load all the diagrams linked and parts breakdowns download the file linked below and follow the instructions further below. The download file is a 46MB zip file.

Download Aston Martin Vantage V8 Local PC parts Manual

Instructions to install:

Download the techinfo.zip file into a new folder on your local PC drive. I used c:/AM-new

Now extract the files using your zip extraction tool. The sub-directory and file structure will be recreated locally. Might take 20-30 mins as there are lots of files and linked images.

Now using file explorer navigate to the C:/am-new/techinfo/techinfo/AM3 directory (or whatever local folder name you used instead of AM-new) and look for the file index.html in the AM3 directory - this will be dragged to your desktop and is the launch icon.

Now when you click on the index.html icon on your desktop it will load the main screen for the Parts Manual and you will be able to navigate through the various categories as all files are local.

Customize the Parts Manual desktop icon.

If you find this useful consider clicking on the gold star in the top right of this post. Cheers.

Last edited by BMW-North; 07-16-2019 at 05:51 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:33 AM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Thanks. I bought a hardcopy version off Ebay, but cool to have one on the PC as well.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:36 AM
scotstern is on a distinguished road
Thanks, this is great to have.