Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

VelocityAP Aston Martin DB11 V8 Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 12:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
VelocityAP Aston Martin DB11 V8 Lowering Springs

Hello All,

We have some prototype DB11 V8 Lowering Springs ready to roll, looking for someone who's keen to get lower and would be interested in testing these for us.

Shoot me an email at Stuart@VelocityAP.com if you're interested.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-31-2020, 03:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Hi Everyone.

Happy to say that this one is done and dusted, and we now have V8 and V12 DB11 Lowering springs available for purchase on our new website:
https://www.velocityap.com/product/a...ering-springs/
Just about burned through our initial stock but have some more on the way. As always featuring our ride quality focused tapered coil design, and a moderate drop. A recent review we got from a customer who purchased for his FType:

I'd like to provide some feedback on your Velocity AP tapered wire lowering springs for the F-Type, because I feel your website could make more of the benefits they confer to the F -Type in particular.

My one significant criticism of the F-Type (mine is a V6S) echoes a number of road testers; it has an uncomfortably stiff suspension, in both Default and Dynamic modes. Particularly at lower speeds, it crashes over pot holes, broken and washboard surfaces and if the seat back is reclined to any degree, the experience can be like being repeatedly punched in the back - on some roads it's highly uncomfortable.

The Velocity AP website does say that the tapered wire progressive rate design permits more progressive absorption of bumps, but it also says the springs provide “…a substantial increase in spring rate (…) with no loss of ride comfort.”

The impression I got from this was that the springs would possibly go some way to addressing the F-Type’s suspension over-stiffness whilst at worst being no harder than standard.

Now I have them fitted, I’d like to confirm unequivocally that they do indeed make a noticeable difference to the car; it retains a stiff ride but I can now make progress over broken and pot-holed country roads at any speed with the suspension absorbing the irregularities and the car flowing over them rather than crashing into them and pummelling the driver. In both Default and Dynamic modes, the car is now as comfortable as my previous XK. Characteristic F-Type steering precision is retained, and stability in high speed corners seems improved.

I’m an extremely happy customer and I think you should make more of the fact that these springs noticeably improve the F-Type’s main dynamic flaw.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com