Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Hi! New Aston Martin Owner in DC Area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 04:42 PM
atlasone is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi! New Aston Martin Owner in DC Area

Hi,

I just recently purchased a used Aston Martin Rapide 2011 in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area.

Would love to know of any other Aston Martin owners in the area! Are there any reputable independent mechanics you go to?

Regards,
Dan

Old 07-10-2020, 04:46 AM
Kalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to all
I'm in eastern Pennsylvania, about an hour west of Philly and two hours north of DC. For service needs, I recommend Steel Wings in Warminster, PA. It might be a bit of a drive for you, but Jon does things right, and their prices are good, especially compared to labor and parts prices from dealers. If you need parts, my go-to sources are scuderiacarparts.com or redpants.lol.

Old 07-10-2020, 10:18 AM
MBi
MBi is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not in DC but almost purchased a car from the DC dealership and I wouldn't suggest them after the way the Manager acted and the lack of communication from the service department.

Old 07-10-2020, 10:27 AM
williocom is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MBi
I'm not in DC but almost purchased a car from the DC dealership and I wouldn't suggest them after the way the Manager acted and the lack of communication from the service department.
I agree completely. I am in the NOVA area and I bought my 2015 V12 Vantage from them but they are terrible to deal with. I now have a 2020 Vantage I got from Miller Motorcars and they were amazing to deal with. I will only go to the dealership if it is for a warranty concern.

As for service, I normally go out to Loudon County Exotics for everything. Talk to the owner Greg, very knowledgeable guy.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:32 PM
Great to meet you all. Has anyone dealt with Georgetown Auto? i saw their name pop up on another forum.

@Kalepsis thanks for the suggestions - Steel Wings looks like they do a good job, but unfortunately it seems they are going to be a 3hr drive for me

@MBi - good to know about the DC dealer...

@williocom thanks for the lead with Loudon County Exotics - i'll give them a call

Old 07-10-2020, 06:19 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Welcome to the forum, pictures are required....when you stop driving long enough to take a couple.
Enjoy your Aston !
Smile

Old 07-10-2020, 07:19 PM
I_gotta_Vantage will become famous soon enough
I’m in MOCO.... Gili’s is a good clean shop... http://www.gilisautomotive.com

Old 07-11-2020, 09:15 AM
RamVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by williocom
I agree completely. I am in the NOVA area and I bought my 2015 V12 Vantage from them but they are terrible to deal with. I now have a 2020 Vantage I got from Miller Motorcars and they were amazing to deal with. I will only go to the dealership if it is for a warranty concern.

As for service, I normally go out to Loudon County Exotics for everything. Talk to the owner Greg, very knowledgeable guy.
I didn't buy my car from the DC dealer but did use them for an oil change and to program my keys. The bill was outrageous (I already had the keys) and they kept me waiting for 2 hours after they said the car was done.

Old 07-11-2020, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by I_gotta_Vantage
I’m in MOCO.... Gili’s is a good clean shop... http://www.gilisautomotive.com
​​​​​​​Nice to meet you! I'm in MOCO as well. Would you trust them for more complex issues?

Old 07-12-2020, 04:20 AM
Originally Posted by atlasone
Nice to meet you! I'm in MOCO as well. Would you trust them for more complex issues?
No shop outside the DMV dealership is very knowledgeable about AM’s because they are rare but I have read on the forum that Intersport knows the AM under the hood... They have done clutch/engine work. AM mechanics on staff..Ive spoken to them.. https://www.intersportperformance.com

Gili’s can do everything except clutch work. I would suggest you bring the part to the shop you want to replace. Example: buy your brake pads and they will install...

Another thought.... Stock up on parts so when the car goes on a lift for a brake job... you can change things like air filters which require lifting the car too...

Old 07-12-2020, 04:45 AM
Also, there is a exotic car club meet on Sundays from 9 to 11 at River rd and Falls rd in Potomac in the Giant parking lot.... A must see!

Saturdays we meet behind the Montgomery mall from 8 to 10....

Old 07-13-2020, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by I_gotta_Vantage
Also, there is a exotic car club meet on Sundays from 9 to 11 at River rd and Falls rd in Potomac in the Giant parking lot.... A must see!

Saturdays we meet behind the Montgomery mall from 8 to 10....
That sounds fun! is there a group facebook page or something for this with more info?

Old 07-15-2020, 12:56 PM
porkchopious is on a distinguished road
I agree with others here, the Washington, DC Aston Martin dealer suuuuuuucks! Really s***ty customer service and communication such as not returning phone calls, saying they ordered a part and then when I called back a few weeks later, had no record of my order, etc.

Old 09-29-2020, 06:01 PM
V8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by atlasone
Hi,

I just recently purchased a used Aston Martin Rapide 2011 in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area.

Would love to know of any other Aston Martin owners in the area! Are there any reputable independent mechanics you go to?

Regards,
Dan
Hey man. Awesome and congrats on your purchase. I also just bought a vantage in August. There is a shop down called Eurosport Auto Care (1268 W Central Ave, Davidsonville, MD 21035). I always see astons/ferrari/and range rovers there. I had my MSI done there at a really reasonable price. Great shop IMO.

Is there any DMV Aston meets? Would like to get to know others in the area.

Old 09-30-2020, 05:26 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by V8Vdrew
Hey man. Awesome and congrats on your purchase. I also just bought a vantage in August. There is a shop down called Eurosport Auto Care (1268 W Central Ave, Davidsonville, MD 21035). I always see astons/ferrari/and range rovers there. I had my MSI done there at a really reasonable price. Great shop IMO.

Is there any DMV Aston meets? Would like to get to know others in the area.
Aston Martin Washington had a rally last week. We drove from the dealership down to Wheatland Farm in Purcellville. Fun drive through back roads and had a special car join us -- a 1 of 28 Vanquish Zagato Speedster!

Track day at Summit Point is on Tuesday. Not sure if there are still any slots open but you can call Aston Martin Washington to find out.

Last edited by programmatore; 09-30-2020 at 07:18 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hi! New Aston Martin Owner in DC Area