Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Would you: Get out of the Vantage and get into a C8?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 07:51 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough

Hey, someone figured out how to make the styling even more disjointed than it already was!

Take the front wheels off a mid engined car and...

Old 07-16-2020, 07:57 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by BWings
2. Speed - good 0-60, but then this LT2 pretty much dies. It really needs FI to make up a flat mid/top range; but, I expect this is setting up the C8Z06.
The car has a 194 mph top speed. I probably will never drive one but doubt it runs out of steam at 60.

Last edited by blue2000s; 07-16-2020 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:53 AM
I_gotta_Vantage will become famous soon enough
I’m liking the info everyone! I had one on the 495 beltway and it has a punch to the pedal but it did take alot of run to see 95mph on the dash... I expect the 2022 to have six piston brakes with larger rotors... those current rotors dont “catch” the car at high speeds...

I wouldn’t mind sitting a salvage one on jacks in my garage as a project but I would only work front end damage.... Damage to the rear with that engine is risky..

I expect by Oct to see more salvage ones...

Old 07-17-2020, 10:59 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by I_gotta_Vantage
I’m liking the info everyone! I had one on the 495 beltway and it has a punch to the pedal but it did take alot of run to see 95mph on the dash... I expect the 2022 to have six piston brakes with larger rotors... those current rotors dont “catch” the car at high speeds...

I wouldn’t mind sitting a salvage one on jacks in my garage as a project but I would only work front end damage.... Damage to the rear with that engine is risky..

I expect by Oct to see more salvage ones...

they are automatically rev limited until 500 miles... so if its under that I am certain it would get to 95 a lot easier with the full rev range available

Old 07-17-2020, 01:12 PM
Registered PM
kaj750 is an unknown quantity at this point
No, thank you. I have another "go-fast" car, though. I drive the crap out of it and get it out of my system. I bought my Vantage because I wanted something nice, beautiful, grown up, and that I can take some pride in and take care of. A car I can enjoy by just looking at it.
The Corvette is none of that.
If I need a combination daily driver/track car, then maybe.

Old 07-23-2020, 08:23 PM
dcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud of
The C8 is just wrong to me. From the side the front to rear just doesn't look right. Looks like two different cars. I think GM messed up trying to make it a mid engine. The C7 looks tons better imo. Has an NSX look too. Anyways not a super car or exotic.

Old 07-24-2020, 09:54 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Finally saw one drive by the other day. Front looks like a mash up of Vette, Lambo, and Lotus. Side looks like a poor design project in high school. The rear looks pure Vette.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:30 AM
bavarianstance will become famous soon enoughbavarianstance will become famous soon enough
Gotta say, I'm impressed with the technical aspects and interior of this car after watching this deep dive

Old 07-24-2020, 11:11 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
The C8 I ordered with LT2 (silver with tan interior), front lift w/memory, rear wing, and exhaust comes out to just over $71K - still on the fence as to taking delivery but I have it on order anyway but unlikely to be a 2020 at this point. My opinion is the interior is a bit plasticy (I assume 3rd party will have interior upgrade bits), the side profile and front I think is OK, the rear just ugly (hence the wing). I really like the way it drives, but the passenger is in a claustrophobic space. It drives like a much more expensive car. Compared to my V12S it's seems cheap and 'feels' less powerful, but if I did not have that benchmark to compare I wonder if I'd feel that way. Anyway, probably be winter at this point before I have to make any decisions and my deposit is fully refundable.

Old 07-24-2020, 02:36 PM
61mga will become famous soon enough
the lt3 interior is nicer looking IMO.

Last edited by 61mga; 07-29-2020 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-25-2020, 03:37 PM
Registered PM
Originally Posted by BWings

Pros:
2. Speed - good 0-60, but then this LT2 pretty much dies. It really needs FI to make up a flat mid/top range; but, I expect this is setting up the C8Z06.
3. Cheap by any nice car standards

Cons:
1. Kit Car Looks
1. Never, never, never, never, never buy a first production year GM. That includes this C8. The several that are out there are experiencing lots of "niggles" too many to list.
2. You won't walk in any Chevy dealer and buy one. BC these cars are cheap, the "standard" for ownership drops pretty low....so everyone and his brother are buying.
3. Because everyone and his brother are buying these cars, production is spoken for, it looks like, through the 2021 MY. Some buyers with more money than sense are paying prices ridiculously over MSRP. Some dealers that end up with a cancellation are selling for as much as $40K over.
4. In typical Chevy fashion, once MASS production catches up with new car angst, these will be all over the place and available for any offer you want to make.

Fixed

Old 07-25-2020, 03:37 PM
M I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud of
I had a deposit on one for February delivery that got pushed off until May. That allowed me to drive my business partners C8 which arrived 2 months earlier than mine. Cancelled my deposit. I will get a 2019 or 20 Vantage instead. Funny , I thought the dealer would be upset I cancelled and wanted my deposit back. They were actually stocked. Guess they intended to get a premium over MSRP.

The reasons I cancelled are numerous. In the end it's a ton of car for the money, no arguing that. However it had small shakes and wiggles, noisy interior bits mostly. Interior looked okay in pictures, felt cheap in person. No doubt it's a ton faster than my current Vantage 0-60, but pulling from 20mph is another story. I can keep up with my buddy on a roll no problem. Just can't launch the AM. The C8 seemed to handle well enough, though in the flat part of the Florida Panhandle, there are no twisties to know for sure.

In the end it was aesthetes, perceived build quality, and that Camaro rear end that were deal killers for me. No regrets at all. There are at least 15 C8s in the small town of Pensacola and only one AM.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:49 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
It's all just personal taste. I am not into the fighter jet look of most of the higher end sports cars. So that leaves me out of all the usual suspects like the Corvette, McLaren, Lambo, etc. They all have such harsh angles. That's one of the reasons I own an Aston Vantage. To ME it's one of the most beautiful cars ever built, and I will always be grateful to Fisker for designing it. There are lots of cars that perform better, but mine tickles my inner little kid just fine.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:09 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by deckman
It's all just personal taste. I am not into the fighter jet look of most of the higher end sports cars. So that leaves me out of all the usual suspects like the Corvette, McLaren, Lambo, etc. They all have such harsh angles. That's one of the reasons I own an Aston Vantage. To ME it's one of the most beautiful cars ever built, and I will always be grateful to Fisker for designing it. There are lots of cars that perform better, but mine tickles my inner little kid just fine.
Same with me, never liked cars with choppy cut panels. That's why I got "thank you Mr. Fisker" plate frame & top # is Gaydon factory zip code. I came very close selling my Vantage couple of times, but every time I gave it serious thought, had to back out, couldn't find any car that comes close to old gen Aston lines, so beautiful in any angle you look at. Perfect proportions, elegance & lot more...

Thank you Mr. Fisker

Old 07-28-2020, 11:59 AM
Registered PM
Originally Posted by 007JB
Same with me, never liked cars with choppy cut panels. That's why I got "thank you Mr. Fisker" plate frame & top # is Gaydon factory zip code. I came very close selling my Vantage couple of times, but every time I gave it serious thought, had to back out, couldn't find any car that comes close to old gen Aston lines, so beautiful in any angle you look at. Perfect proportions, elegance & lot more...
Thank you Mr. Fisker
Yours is a lot more grown up than mine. I went with a James Bond / Beastie Boys reference LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Would you: Get out of the Vantage and get into a C8?