Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
View Poll Results: 2009 DB9 or 2014 Granturismo Sport?
DB9
100.00%
Granturismo Sport
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

2009+ DB9 vs 2013+ Maserati GranTurismo Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 03:10 PM
sha001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2009+ DB9 vs 2013+ Maserati GranTurismo Sport

Hi All,

Long time reader of the forum and absolutely love this community + insight here, so I'm excited to finally create an account and make my first post. I know this has generally been discussed here but given that both the DB9 and Maserati GT have gone through specific updates over the years, I wanted to focus the conversation around the facelifted versions of both (2009-2010 DB9 and 2013+ GT Sport)...seems to be limited comparison on those specifically.

I am in the market and having a hard time picking between a 2009 DB9 and 2013-2014 Maserati GT Sport. For reference, both would be around the same price point, both would have similar miles (sub 30k miles), both are coupes, both have been meticulously maintained with records, and both are automatic (LA traffic is brutal so actually don't want a proper manual).

Some considerations:
  1. The car would be my daily driver and also be used for occasional weekend road trips. From what I gather, both seem to have fairly good reliability, but AM might run a bit more due to brand and v12 engine.
  2. For the DB9- I know the back seats are practically unusable, but I am single in my late 20s and don't need the back seats (really only preference of 4-seats would be when I'm doing a roadtrip with friends or have family visiting 1-2 times/yr).
  3. My initial plan to hold is for 2-4 years and sell but might hold for longer/ keep it. I don't "expect" an increase in value but if either holds up better in value, that'd be something to consider.
  4. Also looking at a base 2013 GranTurismo convertible- seems like that has the 4.7l engine but didn't get the facelift or upgraded seats. Leaning towards the coupes but any strong arguments for the 2013 convertible if it's the exact same price as the '14 sport coupe?
  5. I know looks are subjective but both cars look amazing to me- DB9 is more classy/elegant whereas GT looks a bit more sexy/aggressive.
  6. The DB9 would not have the sports package.
  7. Both cars appear to even each other out with technology- DB9 has outdated GPS but Maserati interior console looks a bit dated, neither have rearview cameras, Maserati has regular turn-in key and DB9 has ECU, etc. I think the $2k price for the DB9 key is absurd but it would come with the car so that's pretty cool lol.

The AM just has this massive elegance/class and the Maserati exhaust sounds like Beethoven's symphony for cars. I know this kind of feels like a "first world problems" question, but any insight or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!