Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Front Discs (Rotors)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 06:52 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Did you check these guys in the UK

Front Brake Disc (From VIN C18075) - Brakes - V8 Vantage - Parts | Nicholas Mee & Co Aston Store

Sorry these are for each of them I guess

Old 01-26-2021, 11:28 PM
invalidname is infamous around these parts
I ordered my front rotors from NewParts at the start of the pandemic. The parts are in upstate New York and I’m in Canada right now so I cannot speak to the quality or being fake since I cannot cross the boarder to get them.

newparts was legit, my Canadian credit card declined and they were super friendly in helping me figure out how to process the order etc. Mike gave me his direct line. Apparently they are an authorized dealer for Brembo and have 20 of these lying around and trying to move them since they are not super popular.

I spoke with Brembo as well who said they are currently not manufacturing these in favor of more popular parts and to expect these from them directly at the tail end of 2021 earliest.

Old 01-27-2021, 06:13 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I guess you were not the only one that found these as they are out of stock at NewParts but they were at a good price of $717.20 usd

Old 01-27-2021, 07:17 AM
No no they were out of stock at Brembo. I have these already at my place in NY ordered from NewParts (just can’t cross boarder pick them up).

Old 01-27-2021, 12:40 PM
davidm17 is infamous around these parts
Newparts had 5 pairs available. I guess if you want a set of the Brembos before the end of the year you might want to grab them now. Or pay the Aston markup to get them from Aston.

It occurred to me for the OP that you might be able to just get the existing rotors turned. Most people don't bother with basic rotors these days since you can get them so cheap, but for these more expensive ones it might make sense. I don't know if slotted rotors can be turned, but if they've never been turned then I bet they could be at least once. Don't know if Aston or Brembo have minimum thickness specs.

Last edited by davidm17; 01-27-2021 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:53 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
I talked to Mike @NewParts/ BremboUSAstore. He told me that these are the "real ones" made in Italy, so I ordered a pair for me. He confirmed same statement, he's 4pair left in stock, If you guys thinking about it go get it.

Old 01-27-2021, 02:30 PM
APF
APF is infamous around these parts
Hi all,

Many thanks for your help.

So I took a leap of faith and pulled the trigger on what it seems are indeed genuine Italian made two part Brembo discs from NewParts, its crazy to buy a set of Italian made discs from a US company and then pay import duty to bring them back into Europe, but the savings don't lie.

The price including eBay's prepaid import tax system and with the PayPal currency conversion, was £834.71 Sterling for the pair.

While this only £65 cheaper than I was offered a pair of the Co-Cast version here in the UK it is a saving all the same, and what I've ended up with are of course the proper two part Brembo 09.B324.13 floating discs which Aston fitted for the first two years of production following the 2012MY Vantage six piston caliper 380mm big brake upgrade, and before switching to the likely heavier one piece 'Co-Cast' discs.

When I consider the very best price for a pair of genuine Brembo 09.B324.13 here is Europe is £1,480.20, then paying £834.71 for the exact same pair of discs looks like a genuine bargain to me!!!

Or how about buying from Scudareia here in the UK for £820.07 each plus the UK 20% value added tax (VAT) , yes folks that's a massive £2,014.90 for the pair with shipping

Nicholas Mee who are only six miles from my house here in Hertfordshire England were a little cheaper at £1,933.98 for the pair, but buying them from North American parts supplier NewParts for £834.71 inclusing shipping and duty remains an absolute no brainer!

Thanks again guys, seems like 6speedonline.com and you guys saved me a tidy sum

Dave.

Last edited by APF; 01-27-2021 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:15 PM
davidm17 is infamous around these parts
007jb or whomever is invalidname (is that really your username?),

Did Mike at Newparts indicate if this price is the regular price and when they make more at the end of the year it'll be the same price or is this a one-time special price just to get rid of the stock? I.e. If you go to buy discs next year will they still be $800 for a pair or will they go up to $1500 or whatever? If this is some sort of special get rid of stock price I may get a pair and store them till I need them.

Edit: FYI. Machining slotted/drilled rotors can be done. You'd want a shop that knows what they are doing as what I read says to do it in small increments vs all at once. If you don't have big wear from the pads then just turning the rotors is an option. Maybe $50 here in the US to do it.

Last edited by davidm17; 01-27-2021 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:40 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by davidm17
007jb or whomever is invalidname (is that really your username?),

Did Mike at Newparts indicate if this price is the regular price and when they make more at the end of the year it'll be the same price or is this a one-time special price just to get rid of the stock? I.e. If you go to buy discs next year will they still be $800 for a pair or will they go up to $1500 or whatever? If this is some sort of special get rid of stock price I may get a pair and store them till I need them.

Edit: FYI. Machining slotted/drilled rotors can be done. You'd want a shop that knows what they are doing as what I read says to do it in small increments vs all at once. If you don't have big wear from the pads then just turning the rotors is an option. Maybe $50 here in the US to do it.
Per Mike, he said he's not gonna get anymore of these rotors. I believe this is really special price, but few more $$ off being wholesale customer..

Old 01-28-2021, 04:24 PM
I kept getting invalid name for all the good names I can come up with and then just put invalidname as my user name. =)

Brembo had these for sale Black Friday with their 20% off for around the same price. However they told me they won’t have inventory till late 2021 at best.

mike at NewParts led me to believe these are in stock now but once they are all sold they will not be ordering them again from Brembo due to low demand.

Last edited by invalidname; 01-28-2021 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:07 PM
Front Discs (Rotors)

My rotors just came in from @Newparts. I checked & confirmed, these are from Italy Brembo. I'm happy with quality. I don't think I'll need to replace mine for long time (under 10k miles on my car) but I'll keep for future, it's really good price compare to what Aston dealer is selling for.

Old 02-01-2021, 02:21 PM
APF
Originally Posted by 007JB
My rotors just came in from @Newparts. I checked & confirmed, these are from Italy Brembo. I'm happy with quality. I don't think I'll need to replace mine for long time (under 10k miles on my car) but I'll keep for future, it's really good price compare to what Aston dealer is selling for.

Looking good 007JB, did your new discs from Newparts come with the Brembo 'counterfeit check cards' in their boxes?

https://www.brembo.com/en/company/ne...rfeit-products

Thanks,

Dave.

Old 02-01-2021, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by APF
Looking good 007JB, did your new discs from Newparts come with the Brembo 'counterfeit check cards' in their boxes?

https://www.brembo.com/en/company/ne...rfeit-products

Thanks,

Dave.

No Dave, I don't see an card inside the box, but i thought those come with Big Brake Kits, but not sure. I'll call Mike @ newParts to find out.
Thanks for info.

Old 02-01-2021, 03:43 PM
APF
Originally Posted by 007JB
No Dave, I don't see an card inside the box, but i thought those come with Big Brake Kits, but not sure. I'll call Mike @ newParts to find out.
Thanks for info.
I'm sure they're fine, but in Europe we get the card in the box.

You scratch off the strip to reveal the code which you then put into the Brembo counterfeit website, this is Brembo fighting back as fake Brembo brake components are a big problem over here.

Brembo state the following too...

It is important that the box in intact and shows no signs of tampering. For brake pads, the QR code is printed on the sticker sealing the box, while for discs it can be found on the product label, together with an unforgettable Brembo hologram.
Naturally, all Brembo discs and pads are marked with a code and the Brembo logo and carry ECE R90 marking. Brake pads are additionally marked with a WVA code, while discs bear a minimum thickness value expressed as Min Th.​​

Old 02-02-2021, 11:32 AM
I scanned the QR code on the box, it confirmed as legit part.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front Discs (Rotors)