Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

almost an aston owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2022, 11:15 AM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
Beautiful example....hope all goes well with purchase and delivery. I see that the seller installed a new clutch. Do you know if it’s the OEM single plate or the desired dual plate upgrade, perhaps even with lightweight flywheel? It would be good to know what they did. I also noticed a crystal key in the dash picture 👍

Just two additional points to be prepared for.
The driver seat and bolster leather is a bit tired looking. Should be some posts on here somewhere about potential options should you go down that path. Second, being a 2010 roadster in the South, don’t be surprised if your headliner insulation starts flaking off and showing up when you raise/lower the top. Not really a functional issue AFAIK but very common.

Wonderful cars and ownership experience but for occasional niggles. Any DIY efforts and alternate parts sourcing will also be helpful.

Old 08-07-2022, 11:19 AM
bondjbond is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Argus
Great for you. You will love the car. Search the forums and the internet for whatever you want to do. Redpants is great as is Bamford Rose. But Bamford Rose has more engineer oriented info. Mike the owner is a former AM power train engineer. Aston1936 has a DB9 but plenty of information that can be used on a Vantage. Stuart at Velocity AP is a great guy.
You will have plenty of resources. Don’t forget YouTube.
thank you argus !

Old 08-07-2022, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Hedged
Beautiful example....hope all goes well with purchase and delivery. I see that the seller installed a new clutch. Do you know if it’s the OEM single plate or the desired dual plate upgrade, perhaps even with lightweight flywheel? It would be good to know what they did. I also noticed a crystal key in the dash picture 👍

Just two additional points to be prepared for.
The driver seat and bolster leather is a bit tired looking. Should be some posts on here somewhere about potential options should you go down that path. Second, being a 2010 roadster in the South, don’t be surprised if your headliner insulation starts flaking off and showing up when you raise/lower the top. Not really a functional issue AFAIK but very common.

Wonderful cars and ownership experience but for occasional niggles. Any DIY efforts and alternate parts sourcing will also be helpful.
thanks for that bit of info about the headliner i was not aware of that possible issue is there a remedy for that ?

Old 08-07-2022, 12:12 PM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
It’s the heat and sun exposure, even with a garage kept car. Age too. Replacing the OEM alcantara headliner (which may otherwise be in good condition) is very expensive but if you are lucky enough to have access to an experienced upholstery shop you may have other options. At the very least you can vacuum out the filmy debris. Again, this apparently does not impact weather worthiness or even sound deadening. I should also mention that the rear window can start to separate from the top. There are some posts on here and Pistonheads about addressing that.

Old 08-07-2022, 12:41 PM
again thanks for that tip im going to iquire about that as well !