Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What Grille Do you Prefer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 04:04 PM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
Your darkened grill suits the car much better IMO.

Old 01-18-2023, 06:41 PM
RBWIII will become famous soon enough
Both

Old 01-19-2023, 04:03 AM
usera will become famous soon enough
I feel like the 2006-2016 Vantage was such a perfect car that a more evolutionary approach would have been best.

Old 01-19-2023, 05:18 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Same comment as one other - I like the second one better, but the first one is growing on me. Even though it is, I think the first one just looks like a part is missing or was removed.

Although this car is really appealing to me, I like the DB11 looks a little better.

Last edited by BWings; 01-19-2023 at 06:01 AM.
Old 01-19-2023, 06:20 PM
IJWS will become famous soon enoughIJWS will become famous soon enough
I think that the first one actually looks better--more contemporary like it is supposed to. B U T, the second one does keep in line with the classic Vantage tradition of kind of looking like a whale's face--Veeeery wide smile.

p.s. Joff's Aston almost changed my mind. It looks great!

Old 01-21-2023, 05:04 AM
Endeavour32 is an unknown quantity at this point
I prefer the "Hunter" grill. The new Vantage is a more aggressive, modern Aston, and I think the original grill fits the car better. Unlike others, I'm happy Aston Martin departed(in a big way) from the old Vantage. It was fine in its time, but that time has past. When I bought my Vantage, I didn't even consider an older one.

Old 01-21-2023, 12:38 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Funny, online, I 100% preferred the vaned grill, in person, it doesn't appeal (to me), it appears too plastic-y to my eyes
I understand that the hunter grill is hated, I really like it. The funny part is how much the classic-Vantage community has (near) collective disdain for the chicken wire grill, I come from the 911 community and we often ADDED the chicken wire to our grill openings to protect the radiators. So, my eyes don't see an issue with the chicken wire at all! HaHa As mentioned earlier, I think the hunter grill looks amazing in the rear view mirror when one comes up behind you, KH

Old 01-21-2023, 12:39 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Joffs Aston
Just STUNNING
I LOVE this vantage point (pun intended), my eye loves the horizontal slats; what I can't seem to get my head around, are the recessed, vertical slats that make the grill "squares"

Anyway, I stand by my original comment, stunning, thanks for sharing-- KH

Last edited by khiroshima; 01-21-2023 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Added additional comments
Old 01-22-2023, 09:32 PM
Argus will become famous soon enough
The DB 10 looking grill

Old 01-23-2023, 10:18 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
unfortunately, new gen vantage with either grill didn't do it for me. specially with new interior... can't stand any car with those tablets sticking out of dash... but I'm an old school, I'm sure I'm minority....

Old 01-24-2023, 07:56 AM
Endeavour32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 007JB
unfortunately, new gen vantage with either grill didn't do it for me. specially with new interior... can't stand any car with those tablets sticking out of dash... but I'm an old school, I'm sure I'm minority....
Hold on, the old vantage has display that sticks out of the dash as well, and at a funky angle I might add. Sure you can fold it away and hide it, but if you want to see what is going on, it has to be up.

Old 01-24-2023, 09:12 AM
Semitone is an unknown quantity at this point
It’s pretty obvious which one I prefer.

The one on the car I own. Not the one talked about about on Internet forums by a bunch of window shoppers and backseat wannabe owners.

Old 01-25-2023, 09:47 AM
downeaster1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MRCW
This one...
Oh my god. What car is this? That grill is beautiful.

Old 08-30-2023, 04:22 PM
dr2wheels is an unknown quantity at this point
The Ford fusion grill forever ruined the AM front end for me

Old 08-31-2023, 09:53 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by downeaster1
Oh my god. What car is this? That grill is beautiful.
new vantage with aftermarket bumper/ grill

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.