Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Db12

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2023, 03:22 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
DB11 with a DBX face perhaps? Love the centre console and the performance seats. The wheel steering though really screams Merc. Anyone else find he instrument cluster display bit too rectangular-ish?

Old 05-25-2023, 03:49 PM
LuvBurninFuel will become famous soon enough
Yes the entire dash is very Mercedes rectangular flat looking. Nicer than the DB11 IMO. I do miss the clam shell hood of the DB11, no doubt cost cutting.

Old 05-25-2023, 04:08 PM
Old 05-26-2023, 05:11 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
The DB12 should put to rest all the ad nauseam comments "Stroll doesn't know Aston Martin", "Stroll knows nothing about running a car company..." Every little critique on the DB11 has been addressed and resolved with brilliance. DB12 could be the best looking production AM of the last decade or longer.

Old 05-26-2023, 08:32 AM
Argus will become famous soon enough
Not bad step forward. I think a lot of AM people are caught between the classic AM look and the new Gen 2 cars. That is way there is such a love or hate comments.

Old 05-26-2023, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
. DB12 could be the best looking production AM of the last decade or longer.
a.. that's a bit of a stretch....

Old 05-27-2023, 08:17 AM
sf911c2 has a spectacular aura aboutsf911c2 has a spectacular aura about
Great job AM! I really like what they done with the design and is a similar progression DB7 to DB9 so I think it will be a great seller. Kinda ironic they skipped DB8 due to the V12 and now we have a DB12 and no V12..

Exterior – more aggressive with good influence from the current DBS in the front and sides. Nice stance and 21” wheels really pop. Front – would like a 20% smaller grill and the grill appears to be floating so I would have cleaned that up a little more. Profile is really nice. Rear - stock DB11 and a little soft vs rest of design, maybe they didn’t want too far into DBS territory but they could have added a couple fins on the rear diffuser to make it more aggressive.

Interior – as the saying goes…it’s all relative. Overall really nice with some definite influence from Porsche/Audi but I think it will age well. It couldn’t get any worse vs the DB11/Honda interior 😉. Seat options are great and good color options.

I spoke to AM dealer and he said $245k base so really ~$300k to make it right. That is DB11 V12 and Roma money. $245k w/o ceramic breaks or 7 years maintenance is a bit steep vs Roma.

My dealer is having a press car/launch event next month and getting demo around Sept so I’m looking forward to checking it out. I speced out a Minotaur green and gold wheels but want to see what Vantage looks like in Q4. Per spy pics for the Vantage we’ll get similar design updates...which appears to be a good thing.

Last edited by sf911c2; 05-27-2023 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-27-2023, 06:32 PM
Semitone is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the exterior is an improvement over the outgoing DB11 but not the DBS. I always loved the DBS anyway. So this is good in my view. The interior is also an improvement but the gearshift does look a lot like the Braun razor that the Porsche fanboys flipped out out over. in the 992..not in a good way.

I haven't heard many complain about the AMG based engine on the new car. I guess, put a pretty face on the AMG engine and all is forgiven. Just points out what a vain shallow bunch many Aston owners are.

Wait till the cars come out with a stickers over $300K with a few options. The whining will be fast and furious on the forums. Then there will be the group waiting for the new Vantage and that sticker will be up 20% and firmly in 911 Turbo territory is my guess. Stroll did promise the days of "cheap" Astons is over. We'll see if the changes/upgrades are enough to hold the price point.

Last edited by Semitone; 05-27-2023 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-29-2023, 04:08 PM
I_gotta_Vantage will become famous soon enough
Bye Vantage.... Hello DB12..

Sick... Luv how they have made the vane grille curves standard across their models.... and have their own AM infotainment under IP...

Old 06-01-2023, 11:09 AM
bolteon is an unknown quantity at this point
Lawrence Stroll knows what he is doing and the DB12 is the first model showing his direction for the Company.
The DB12 should put to rest all the ad nauseam comments "Stroll doesn't know Aston Martin", "Stroll knows nothing about running a car company..." Every little critique on the DB11 has been addressed and resolved with brilliance. DB12 could be the best looking production AM of the last decade or longer.
​​

Apparently that’s selling off large portions of his personal ownership to the Chinese.

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-la...ng-honda-deal/

Yeah, that guy is definitely totally long on AM. /s

Old 06-02-2023, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by bolteon
​​

Apparently that’s selling off large portions of his personal ownership to the Chinese.

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-la...ng-honda-deal/

Yeah, that guy is definitely totally long on AM. /s
Wow, Aston someday will be owned by the CCP..

Old 06-02-2023, 03:41 PM
jimshadow is on a distinguished road
WOW! Green with the gold wheels is S T U N N I N G !!!!!!!!

Jim

Old 06-02-2023, 03:45 PM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jimshadow
WOW! Green with the gold wheels is S T U N N I N G !!!!!!!!

Jim
Yes, agree, really nice!

Old 06-17-2023, 05:48 AM
RobertCarlson is an unknown quantity at this point
I love it <3
Spoiler

Last edited by RobertCarlson; 06-23-2023 at 02:01 AM.
Old 07-02-2023, 10:00 PM
db11v8 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was fortunate to see the DB12 up close & personal & take a spin in the parking lot at Gaydon. Owning a DB11, here are my quick observations.

Outside, the car still looks a lot like the DB11. Yes, I can list all of the exact differences from wheels to LED lights etc, but it's still very similar to the DB11 (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

Inside, I'm very excited to see a glove compartment. And had to see the useless 'trinket tray' gone (although I 3D-printed a much deeper tray for my car that sores the key fob very nicely). I really liked the powered center armrest in the DB11 and was sad to see it replaced by what felt like a very cheaply made flip-open armrest. The interior infotainment and controls are a huge improvement and I love the layout. However, the seats were very uncomfortable. (The car I was in had the upgraded sport seats). I couldn't really test the new laser cruise control but assume it works the same as the Mercedes system. No head-up display (which would have been nice). No longer have the B&O pop-up speakers as an option. I saw the car in April and couldn't have my phone or take notes so I am just going off memory.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Db12