Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Vanquish as DD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2023, 11:17 AM
manu100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Aston Martin Vanquish as DD

Hi Everyone!
Thank you for taking the time to look at my post.

I currently drive a used Maserati GranTurismo as a daily driver and love it. I drive about 90 miles a day and about 12k miles per year and haven't had any major issues with it so far.

I really LOVE how the Aston Martin Vanquish looks. In my opinion, it is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

I was thinking about maybe getting a used one of these for my next DD (would love a convertible). I am open to any year.

What do you guys think? How reliable are vanquishes in general? Are there any super expensive fixes you would have to drop several thousand to fix at one time?

I have an indy mechanic who works on exotic cars and is not expensive at all compared to the dealer.

Do you think $5,000 per year on maintenance/fixes would be a reasonable budget?

Thank you

Old 08-22-2023, 01:24 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
With your annual repair budget I don't see any issues. I would put V12 as similarly reliable as the Maserati V8. Ceramic brakes can be costly to replace rotors when it comes time. This is not unique to Aston Martin. Coil packs when need replacing can also be expensive since there is 12 of them. For perspective, I think you'd have less frequency of break/fix repair to 100K on the an Aston V12 vs. a Ferrari V12.

The biggest caveat would be the whole body is carbon fiber and if there's an accident; the body repair bill is going to be much higher than the Maserati for sure. I would look into an agreed value insurance policy. I drive my Rapide year round as my primary car. Heat and AC work great. B&O stereo is great. You'll love the car.

Old 08-23-2023, 09:44 AM
otis74 will become famous soon enoughotis74 will become famous soon enough
Hi, I have owned a 2014 Vanquish Volante for the last 3 years, The only issues beyond regular service has been a window regulator and O2 sensor. O2 sensor problems are pretty common The window regulator was $1200 and the O2 sensors $2000 since they replaced all 4 on one side. The work was done at the Aston dealer. I am sure at an indy the cost would have been half on both. I have put around 10000 miles since I purchased and other than a sticking gas lid the car has been super reliable. I agree with you, I also think it is one of the most beautiful cars ever made. I also own a 2021 DB11 Volante and if one car had to go it would not be the Vanquish. I would definitely recommend a convertible I think it looks better and is more fun. I see you live in Calif. If you are in Orange County I would appreciate your indy mechanics contact info.

Thanks,
Nick

Old 08-23-2023, 05:06 PM
convexproblem will become famous soon enough
On the street I don't think the brake rotors will wear, because they're harder than the pads. The pads are more money but...I don't really consume pads on the street at any significant rate.

Biggest expense I imagine is insurance, if they give you a good deal why not.

Old 08-25-2023, 05:29 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by otis74
I also own a 2021 DB11 Volante and if one car had to go it would not be the Vanquish.
Nick, can you elaborate on why you'd choose the Vanquish over the DB11 if it came down to either one?

Old 08-25-2023, 06:43 AM
otis74 will become famous soon enoughotis74 will become famous soon enough
Hi, the DB11 is a wonderful car but the Vanquish is a more emotional drive. The sound of the 12 cylinder engine along with the extra good looks of the Vanquish never fail to get my heart pumping.