Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Deposit amount on AMV8 orders

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 10:55 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Deposit amount on AMV8 orders

Hey guys,

Is $5K deposit plus another $5Knormal, seems high. let me know
how much you guys deposited for..looking at the AMV8 with Sport shift..

Old 12-11-2006, 03:54 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
5k sounds normal but another 5k, hmmm... depands on dealer i guess. in CA it's all refundable anyway so i don't see the problem as long as u're interested in the car.

alex is rolling big now.

Old 12-11-2006, 04:00 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 20C4S
5k sounds normal but another 5k, hmmm... depands on dealer i guess. in CA it's all refundable anyway so i don't see the problem as long as u're interested in the car.

alex is rolling big now.
haha...was just checking.. actually he said the other 5K is when I started to spec the color and such, should be done by May 07

Old 12-11-2006, 07:32 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I had one on order in late 05 was going to pay for the deposit, changed my mind got the SLK55, However I remmeber that it was 10k deposit.

Look at Aveious blue (spelling) monaco blue and california sage if not mistaken, they look superb on the AMV8.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:47 AM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
When are the sport shifts hitting the states?

Old 12-11-2006, 09:05 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by JoeyG
When are the sport shifts hitting the states?
I think by april, however you must shift via the gear levers no auto mode available.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:09 AM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I think by april, however you must shift via the gear levers no auto mode available.
I doubt that little flick would be too much . I hope it's not the same box from the Vanquish...

Old 12-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Well the site says the auto drive is the auto mode

Sportshift

Sportshift adds electro-hydraulic control to the existing V8 Vantage 6-speed manual transmission to offer improved shift times and replaces the conventional manual gear lever with push button controls on the centre console to select ‘Auto Drive’, ‘Reverse’ or ‘Neutral’.
Manual gear changes are selected in Paddle Shift Mode - the new ultra-quick system provides the driver with heightened precision via fingertip control of gear changes using steering column mounted paddles, forged from lightweight magnesium, to progress smoothly and swiftly through the ratios.
Sportshift offers gear changes up to three times faster than the standard manual transmission already available, with the driving enthusiast able to access precision gearshifts in around 200m/s. To adapt to all driving conditions, an additional 'Comfort' mode offering a more relaxed gear change features which is selected via a single button on the centre console.
Sportshift functionality is also enhanced with a low speed ‘crawl’ feature, which acts as a manoeuvring aid, gently engaging the clutch to move the car up to 4mph - allowing the driver to focus on positioning rather than throttle control when parking. Additionally, Sportshift includes a user-selected ‘Auto Drive’ mode, which, when operated, will take full control of the timing of all changes and select the appropriate gear for all conditions.
Equipped with Sportshift, V8 Vantage retains its low polar moment of inertia and excellent balance, with a negligible increase in overall weight and minimal impact to the Vantage’s optimal 49:51 weight distribution. Equally, top end performance is unchanged, at 280 km/h (175 mph).

Old 12-12-2006, 04:25 PM
bentley500 will become famous soon enoughbentley500 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by alex911s
Hey guys,

Is $5K deposit plus another $5Knormal, seems high. let me know
how much you guys deposited for..looking at the AMV8 with Sport shift..

AMV8 is a nice car, but for same money isnt a 997 GT3 better? Ok, i know they are different cars, but still... i say go with GT3 or even a 997TT!

GL,

BD

Old 12-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I could have put down $1K for an allocation spot here in VA. I didn't want to wait 2 years and many, many people told me that the Carrera S was a better car.

I am in 100% agreement about the GT3 over the Vantage, but if the whole Aston thing matters more, I completely understand.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:41 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I am in 100% agreement about the GT3 over the Vantage, but if the whole Aston thing matters more, I completely understand.
yep. the Aston factor is big. i wanted one (and somewhat still want it) but picked up the GT3 instead. knowing one day i'll get one anyways so timing is not a big deal. not a performer but a great looker. btw, i'm waiting for them to get rid of that ugly room antenna first.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:04 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
An Aston is an Aston, but cmon Alex you know you want the 3.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:20 PM
It's harder to get the 3 than the Aston right now.. if i want I can get one by May next year.. Arlings right about the Fuba antenna..LOL

But after paying my property taxes it's not looking good

Old 12-17-2006, 09:49 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I put down $5k and then lucked into a 997TT. IMHO the Aston is a deal at $80-90k, but at $120k it is outclassed performance-wise and becomes tougher to swallow.

Old 12-19-2006, 02:49 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
are they not available everywhere? The local dealer in VA has 2 sitting in the showroom at MSRP.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Deposit amount on AMV8 orders