Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My new ride

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 05:39 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bobby G
mdc - where in Cali are you? I'd be happy to answer as many questions as I can.
Where is Sherman Oaks?

Old 07-16-2007, 05:46 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
mdc - where in Cali are you? I'd be happy to answer as many questions as I can.
Pl see my previoius respond, BTW, are you also considering the Turbo? I was crazy about that car for a while...

Old 07-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Bobby G is on a distinguished road
MDC - I'm now in Calabasas, which is south of Ventura in southern california. Put another way, I'm right over the hill from Malibu and the Pacific Ocean.

I considered the turbo, and it's a great all-around car, but it doesn't move me like the GT3 or the AMV8.

The Aston V8 is such a relative bargain compared to its older siblings, and is one of the classiest and agressive designs around. I actually prefer it to the DB9, and its interior and rear blow the Vanquish away. Plus, they're unique. For all of the knocks on its performance and power, it surprises people on the track and with some of its times, and it is comparable to a 997S.

-Bobby

Old 07-16-2007, 09:00 PM
jchoice is on a distinguished road
Saw you at VCR this two Saturdays ago. I was there in the White AMV8 parked next to the Stradale. I was hoping to hear you rev the exhaust.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Hey J,
I saw yours too. I was meaning to introduce myself but got sidetracked looking at the italian beauties.

The exhaust sounds more robust than stock - I love it. I may go to VCR this Sunday, you?

-Bobby

Old 07-16-2007, 09:18 PM
jchoice is on a distinguished road
I don't normally get up that way, I had to meet up with a friend that day.

I'll probably shoot up there in August some time. I'll drop you a PM if I do.

Your car looked great!

Old 07-16-2007, 11:47 PM
mdc
MDC - I'm now in Calabasas, which is south of Ventura in southern california. Put another way, I'm right over the hill from Malibu and the Pacific Ocean.

I considered the turbo, and it's a great all-around car, but it doesn't move me like the GT3 or the AMV8.

The Aston V8 is such a relative bargain compared to its older siblings, and is one of the classiest and agressive designs around. I actually prefer it to the DB9, and its interior and rear blow the Vanquish away. Plus, they're unique. For all of the knocks on its performance and power, it surprises people on the track and with some of its times, and it is comparable to a 997S.

-Bobby
I feel the same way, I really like the design of AMV8, the DB9 looks too bog to me, and it cost too much. How do u like it so far? Any issues like those I read on this forum? —thx

Old 07-16-2007, 11:49 PM
So far so good. No issues, and I don't really expect many. Mine's a second gen 2007, and they fixed the issues you hear about and added a few new options (led lights in doors, much nicer seats, etc.). It gets a lot of attention, maybe too much, which makes me think twice before taking it out to run errands or using it as a daily.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Ag Surfer is on a distinguished road
Congrats! That AM is really nice.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:59 PM
atlas310 will become famous soon enough
Thanks. Ride is surprisingly comfortable. Less jarring and bumpy than 19s on my JIC-lowered Carrera.
Amen to that. Smooth as butter. Well not exactly, but pretty darn close. Again, congrats on the new ride Bobby...can't really think of anything you can do to improve it.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:09 AM
mdc
Those are good news. hmmm... too much attention might not be a good thing... and I would hate to have a licence plate up front after the cops pull me over. If I take it to work, it will sit under the sun all day. Maybe the wife can use it during the wkday, and I just drive it one or twice a week just for fun.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:13 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
That car is absolutely ridiculous, so beautiful, Congrats

Old 07-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Thanks guys.

-Bobby

Old 07-17-2007, 02:13 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Bobby,
congrats! it's a sweet car. sex on wheel, especially that voice from nav...

Old 07-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Arling - thanks, especially for your role in making this car so unique.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new ride