Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AMV8 Owners....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 07:38 PM
///996TTM3 is on a distinguished road
AMV8 Owners....

I am in a pickle. I am a speed, go fast kind of guy. I like to have the power whenever i want, etc.

Hence, the BMW M6. Coming from an M3 i have a huge passion for BMW's and I love the M6, a close friend of mine has it and i have been in it, i have driven it to the max and i love the car. BUT, something about it also turns me off, the interior, the simple stlying, although it is a big car the inside is not that big.
I was looking at the AMV8's for the same price. Everything about this car i love EXCEPT the power. I havent driven it yet, but will schedule a test drive soon. I know it is something like comparing two different cars, but they are in the same price range. I just dont want to get one, and then regret not getting the other.

How do you like your AMV8, any problems, comfortable to drive, etc?

Thanx guys!

Last edited by ///996TTM3; 08-28-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:06 PM
chrisfc923 is on a distinguished road
you'll probably have more comfort and amenties in the m6 and its faster but the AMV8 is still in a different league than the bimmer, kindda hard to explain but the feeling you get driving inside the amv8 is definetly different than the bimmer and it definetly catches a lot more attention... and the exhaust note is a million times sexier... on that note, its still a comfortable ride and even though its not my daily it can easily pass for one with no problems or sacrifice in comfort... not sure where your going to find a amv8 for the same price as a m6 though. got mine fully loaded out the door for 137k... you can maybe find a used one close to the m6 price

Last edited by chrisfc923; 08-27-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Well a fully loaded M6 goes for close to $120, i would say its still in the "price range".

But thank you for your input

Old 08-28-2007, 09:05 AM
is that with a premium?? because before when i was pricing the m6 out there wasn't much options for me to get so i basically got everything, the keyless go, hud display, upgraded stereo, etc... and out the door was about 112,000 where as the amv8 starts at about 113k... he gave me a break as i've bought a car from him before but can't be much as it is a m6...

Old 08-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
I have to agree with the statement above the AMV8
just does something when you get in and drive. everything about this car seems well executed, I would say that my only gripe is the lack of power,
We are working on a few go fast goodies that should be ready by the time SEMA rolls around (80-100 extra hp) with app 500hp on tap this may be the perfect car...

Stay tuned

Old 08-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by HZ@cargraphic
I have to agree with the statement above the AMV8
just does something when you get in and drive. everything about this car seems well executed, I would say that my only gripe is the lack of power,
We are working on a few go fast goodies that should be ready by the time SEMA rolls around (80-100 extra hp) with app 500hp on tap this may be the perfect car...

Stay tuned
hook a brotha up with some more info!! i was basically going to settle with rims and exhaust just for the fact that i'm tired of looking for someone who has anything for this car... and i don't think its too feesible to send my car to england for a ecu upgrade

Old 08-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Cargraphic...you just might have to make me pick up an AMV8

I will stay tuned!

Old 08-28-2007, 03:33 PM
CJA
CJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the rough
I've had my AMV8 for about 9 months now. Before buying it, I tried to figure out what it was I was looking for in a car.

I had the GT3 and it was an incredible rush to drive. The problem is that I broke the law every day I drove it! I had to find a car that was as satisfying to drive at 40 MPH. The Vantage does the trick. No, it does not even compare in performance to some of the other cars out there. But it definitely makes up for it in other areas. It is the prettiest car on the market in my opinion and the sound is amazing. Those are/were the real reasons for getting this car.

In the near future, I will most likely get a "fun car" that I can take to the track. That way, I won't risk my license or anyone else's safety playing on the street. I do miss the performance sometimes, but 98% of the time, it is the perfect car.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Iwill def keep the 6 speed crew in the loop.. should be some great products that will let the AM live up to its true potential

Old 08-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Moogle is on a distinguished road
Wait for the higher power version. However, it might be a little more harsh than the GT car that the M6/Aston are supposed to be. The upcoming RS version seems to be the "GT3" to the Carrera that the aston is and may be unacceptable to your needs.

There is the prodrive kit that is available immediately which hikes the power up slightly.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:43 PM
jkb
jkb is on a distinguished road
i agree with CJA. every couple of weeks i get an itch to get an M5 or M6. and than i realize that speed limit hasn't changed in years and is not about it. and i also realize that that local police and CHP all got laser guns within last 12 months. and i also realize as i get older that doing silly stuff on public roads does might not always end well. so i am sticking with some under-powered cars for now and if i get AM V8, it will be exactly for reasons CJA described.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:17 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Ive driven both cars, test drove the aston martin v8 vantage in november 2005 at the dealer as i was consdering getting it at that time.

The bmw m6 has a very potent top end it just seems to pull in 4th gear and above, i like the cf roof but with all that power under the hood it still lacks sportyness when compared to the smaller v8 vantage which feels rough and reminds you how a sports car feels.

I would classify the amv8s sound as 2 or 3rd in my list of all time favourite sounds, when the valves open it sounds amazing you just need to hear it in person to decide which car suites you best.

I was researching what modifications are available for thr amv8, you can get the mansory cf airbox with 2x drop in filters and exhaust or head over to quicksilver for 3 to 4 different sound levels.

I think i have seen an ecu update available but i am not sure, the rs version will be very expensive to start with. The best way is to get either a slightly used v8 vantage and work your way on the mods or get a new v8 vantage enjoy it for a while then start to modify it.

The aston martin looks way better than the bmw m6, whilst comparing both cars you notice the bmw looks bloated,relatively high and needs lowering.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Moogle is on a distinguished road
Aston kills the M6 in the looks department, I don't think ANYONE will disagree with that statement

My good friend owns an m6, we swap cars all the time, it's an amazing piece of engineering but lacks a bit of soul imo.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
HZ - def keep us posted on AM8 upgrades. I bought my AM/Vantage about 2 months ago and have not missed my TechArt modded 996TT (real 550HP) at all. Sure the P car was faster - OK a lot faster - but both at 100 - the AM is much more fun to drive, yeah the P car got there a second or 2 quicker (or 3) but as the old bull says to the young bull - "who wants to *** or go quicker" !!! And the Pcar had modded S bars, PSS9 and all that stuff too ... AM just grabs the looks too ... then again who cares on an empty back road ... just drive a Vantage and see...

Old 09-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Bobby G is on a distinguished road
No complaints here. It isn't as fast as a turbo. It's 10x better looking than most cars out there. The interior is nice and comfortable. I'd take one over an M6 coupe or convertible any day of the week. Besides, if you wanted a super fast car, you'd get a modded turbo, not an M6. And I haven't checked lap times recently, but I wouldn't be surprised if the AMV8 is neck and neck with the M6's times. I'll see if I can dig up some stats.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMV8 Owners....