Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Moving to Audi from BMW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Mighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these parts
Moving to Audi from BMW

Hello,

Im new here, lots of good information. Im currently in a 04 M3, that while has been good to me and fun I am having the itch to move to something new. I was thinking it was going to be the new m3 but I dont think it will grow on me (polite way of saying its ugly).

Audi on the other hand I think has really stepped up its game. I like the RS4 and the S5. If they had an RS5 out now or within a couple of months i think it would be a done deal on that. This said a couple of questions:

1) When is the next version of RS4 slated? The new a4 was just introduced wasnt it? Audi calls it the B8?
2) When is the RS5 slated for release?

thanks.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:28 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
As far as Audi tradition goes they do not release more than 1 RS model at a time and they've just introduced the RS6 so I wouldn't expect both RS4 and RS5 for at least 2 years to come.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Mighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these parts
Does the current RS4 end its model run in 08? and then so new one would be in 09?

I also thought I had read somewheres that RS5 is end of 08?

thanks for the response. I was also thinking a used C2S ('06) but using that as a DD just doesnt seem right

Old 10-08-2007, 05:29 PM
kem
kem is on a distinguished road
Well unless you need lots of storage a C2S is a great daily driver. Very easy to car to drive even in traffic.

That said, you will be waiting a long time for either a B8 RS4 or RS5. Audi has not even introduced or even committed to making a RS5, its all speculation. Given the success of the B7 RS4, Audi would be crazy to not do another one. However it will be a long way off.

Using history as a basis, I believe Audi released the RS4 almost 1.5 years after the B7 A4/S4. I think B7's hit the street in early spring of '05 and the RS4 came in summer of '06 (as a 07 model). So considering the B8 isn't even out and quattro Gmbh (audis motorsport division, like bmw's M) is still making RS4's and then gearing to completely shutdown RS4 production to make room for RS6 production (at least a years worth) there will be no new RS cars for at least 1.5 to 2 years unless they expand.

So I would go for a '08 RS4, especially since in '08 you can do audi exclusive interiors for RS4's (meaning you can get whatever you want color wise).

S5 is a nice looking car but probably not faster then your m3. Nice interiors on the S5 though, the two tones rock.