Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: If you were ordering a Q7 4.2tdi which option would you choose?
3 spoke sporty steering wheel with paddles
100.00%
4 spoke steering wheel with Lane and Side Assist without paddles
0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Q7 Lane and Side Assist - Not an S question but would like your help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:00 AM
alpina is on a distinguished road
Q7 Lane and Side Assist - Not an S question but would like your help

Hi guys,

I really need your help.

I ordered a 4.2tdi initially with side assist, I was later told that this option is no longer sold seperately and that audi without consultation with me had put the car into production with both side and lane assist (of course I would have to pay extra for the stuff up ). I was then told that it would not come with the 3 spoke steering wheel but rather a 4 spoker as its the only wheel that works with this option ... I did not like the idea of the 4 spoker but eventually agreed as the car was already put into production and i did not wait to wait longer in order for them to get the order right.

I have now been told that the car will not have paddle shift as this feature does not work with side and lane assist. Does anyone know for a fact if this is true as I'm now beginning to a little peeved?

How does Audi get basic stuff like this so wrong?

Regards,

B

Old 04-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
My 2 cents:

a paddle shifter on a TDI SUV is kinda lame. Then again, lane assist is a really annoying nanny feature that you will very likely turn off after about 10 minutes of using it.

My vote goes to paddle shifters.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:18 PM
alpina is on a distinguished road
don't want to press you guys but i need to make a decision whether to go with this car already in production (ie, with lane and side assist - due jul/aug) or to ask them to make me a new one (3 spoke and paddles - sept/oct)

more votes please

Old 04-14-2008, 12:41 AM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
Lane assist is pathetic, go with the three spoke wheel.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:23 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by trojanman
My 2 cents:

a paddle shifter on a TDI SUV is kinda lame. Then again, lane assist is a really annoying nanny feature that you will very likely turn off after about 10 minutes of using it.

My vote goes to paddle shifters.
+1