Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

S8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 08:58 AM
bpgt3 is on a distinguished road
S8

Does anybody here have any good info on the S8. Looking into getting one and really can't find much about it on the forums.

Good performance, good drive etc?

Old 11-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Banned
///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts
Since you live in CT I would def. go for the S8, great power AWD system for the snow.. great daily driver. vs. the BMW M5/7series/B7 or MB Benz S63/65...

Old 11-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
You'll need to get a test drive. I chased one down after a few months and after thinking it was going to be great, I was disappointed. Opinions vary but that's just mine.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Banned
///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Red Devil
You'll need to get a test drive. I chased one down after a few months and after thinking it was going to be great, I was disappointed. Opinions vary but that's just mine.

the S8 is not HP/TQ BEAST ...its a perfect balance of power and handling/AWD whats the point in having MBenz S65 600hp 750 TQ when you cant get the tires to hook in the snow ?

Old 11-13-2008, 07:35 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Please tell us specifically why you didn't like it? 2007 or 2008? Used or new? How many miles if used? I had a 2003 and while it wasn't a HP beast it was a great car for different reasons. Very elegant, classy and fit and finish was first class. Just curious. Just bought a 2007 with 4k miles with B&O, full leather...... loaded.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:58 AM
bpgt3 is on a distinguished road
Chuck Z, how do you like it so far? The ride is good?

How is the B&O sustem. Have heard it is unreal.
Have you had any problems with the car at all?

Thanks for the replies guys.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:09 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bpgt3
Chuck Z, how do you like it so far? The ride is good?

How is the B&O sustem. Have heard it is unreal.
Have you had any problems with the car at all?

Thanks for the replies guys.
I actually do not have the car yet. It's being picked up by auto transport company today or tomorrow in Chicago and shipped to me. Hopefully, I'll see it first of next week. Criteria were CPO, B&O, full leather, black w/silver interior, low miles, no damage history/paint and a good warranty history. Looking forward to seeing/driving it.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by chuck z
Please tell us specifically why you didn't like it? 2007 or 2008? Used or new? How many miles if used? I had a 2003 and while it wasn't a HP beast it was a great car for different reasons. Very elegant, classy and fit and finish was first class. Just curious. Just bought a 2007 with 4k miles with B&O, full leather...... loaded.
I think it's the best-looking luxury/sport-sedan on the road both inside and out. It probably was too big and not responsive enough for me. I actually preferred the way the S4 drove, so that gives you an idea of my bias. It was a new 2008 that I drove and felt it's orientation was more to luxury than sport. I know that is its intent.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:42 AM
I think it's the best-looking luxury/sport-sedan on the road both inside and out. It probably was too big and not responsive enough for me. I actually preferred the way the S4 drove, so that gives you an idea of my bias. It was a new 2008 that I drove and felt it's orientation was more to luxury than sport. I know that is its intent.
That makes sense. I'm not sure any of the big sedans are as performance oriented as smaller sedans by the same marque. I have had a AMG S55, 750i, 03 S8 and Quattroporte Sport GT and what you say is true about all of them. I've also had an S4 Avant and have a CLK63 Black Series so I understand the difference you describe. Thanks.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:56 PM
nyc123 is a jewel in the roughnyc123 is a jewel in the roughnyc123 is a jewel in the rough
s8

I had an s8 also had an s63 as well as an e63. I am going back to the s8, like it the best of the bunch. Just need to find a buyer for my 2009 blk r8 first.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.