Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New RS4 Pricing...Cheap!!! $57.4k loaded..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 07:28 AM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RocC4S
Pull the trigger!
you don't mean shoot my wife do you.....

probably going to the local dealer this afternoon to check out the exact same car as the one on ebay that they have sitting in inventory. they seemed hesitatant to let me drive one of the three they have in inventory at first, pathetic. i want to see how it 'feels' relative to my e39 m5. the local dealer is asking $5k more for the one they have. normally that would be a big turnoff to me, as i hate tough negotiations on something like a car, but in this case the market is moving so quickly that i'm not going to worry about it until after i see the car. the local guy knows about the one on ebay...actually there are at least two with similar pricing, and i don't know how much room the ebay dealers have from their asking price either.

there's also a very big uphill debate internally with my better half. we've been keeping things tight on the frivolous spending side of late. as most have, we've taken some hits but nothing catastrophic....but i do work in financial services.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:32 PM
RocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by cohenfive
you don't mean shoot my wife do you.....
LOL, on the car....

Old 12-02-2008, 06:45 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
the car on ebay sold today for what looks like the asking price of $57.4k...that at least establishes a data point..i think that sort of price makes sense given where 08 m3 sedans and isf trades..probably a similar price for a pretty loaded m3 and $50k respectively.

while it's too bad that i missed it, probably just as well as the timing just isn't great for me right now. i didn't go to the local dealer to check them out either, but my guess is they will be there for a while since they are asking $5k higher.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:45 PM
bullitt44 is infamous around these partsbullitt44 is infamous around these parts
Amazing deal! Have driven a couple of these great DD monster!

Old 12-03-2008, 10:11 PM
the same socal dealer put another new rs4 up on ebay for a similar price...this one is phantom black with ti, prem and audi exclusive packs. it has the red/black seats which you either like or don't....msrp $78k, asking price is $60k. i spoke to the dealer, they won't budge from that price more than $100....oh, and the guy that bought the blue one linked above responded to a post i made over at audiworld....it's a small world after all!!!

Old 12-04-2008, 11:31 AM
catharticflux is infamous around these parts
There's a 2008 RS4 with only 280 miles being sold close to my house for $57.9k. I didn't think I'd see a better deal.

http://select-luxury.ebizautos.com/w...px?iid=3618834

I guess my wife saves me from myself, she doesn't let me buy manual transmissions...

Old 12-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Efterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these parts
Nice deal!

Old 12-19-2008, 04:44 AM
jibberjive is infamous around these parts
Wow I can't believe the deals on cars nowadays. Not too long ago those cars were going for around that at auction.
Originally Posted by cohenfive
they seemed hesitatant to let me drive one of the three they have in inventory at first, pathetic. i want to see how it 'feels' relative to my e39 m5.
I hate it when dealers have an attitude. Granted it's an expensive car and I'm sure there's alot of people who would love to joy ride it, but they don't really know anything about the people coming in and looking. Back in the day I went to a local Subaru dealer to drive the then new bug eye WRX. The pretentious saleswoman straight up asked, "Can you even afford one?" when I told her I'd like to see how it drives. I taken aback and didn't know quite how to reply. It's not like it was some expensive Porsche or anything either. When she went to go get the key I decided 'screw her' and bailed. My buddy bought his then new STi from Vegas (6 hours away) just to not give his money to any of the local Subaru dealers because he experienced similarly. Having worked at an Audi/Porsche dealership myself, I find that kind of behavior unacceptable and embarrasing.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:47 AM
jibberjive is infamous around these parts
On the other side of the coin, my buddy who has a B7 S4 went in to get his car serviced at a local dealership, and while his car was getting worked on the salesman he was chit-chatting with put the keys to a new RS4 in his hand an suggested he take it for a joy ride, well aware that he was not even looking to purchase a car (and he is 24 years old). Good people there too.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:18 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Whoa, great price...

Old 12-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by R32Topgun
do it do it our new RS4 are going for 62k plus fees $57 you better jump on it quick. goodluck.
what you are asking doesn't mean that's where they are selling....

Old 12-22-2008, 06:46 AM
sc_trojan has a spectacular aura aboutsc_trojan has a spectacular aura about
there was one that went through riverside manheim last week. it was a lease return from chase financial. it was blue. I'll look up the price when I get to work.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:16 PM
oalvarez is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by IndebtS5
**** Think about this first*****
I used to be the GM at a Porsche Audi dealer. This is what the dealers are paying for 07/08 RS4's used. Also, thats what they will give you in trade if you want out anytime soon.
that's not entirely true. maybe the dealership you used to work at is bidding such, i was given a bid inside of $50k for my 7k mile one. it must vary widely from coast to coast, but make no mistake, i live in cushy southern california. the two used RS4's they had in the showroom had been there for over 50 days.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:35 PM
also i think what the dealers paid for a car in the past is not relevant in the current market. they can ask whatever they want, but if the market price is below cost they will have to lose money to sell the car. that's just the way it is, same with everyone trying to sell a used car at a reasonable price from 3 months ago....it's just not worth as much any more...there's no law that says a dealer has to make money on a car..markets have shifted rapidly and adversely.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Salespunk is infamous around these parts
I have been looking around lately. McKenna has new RS4's for $56.9K and one of the local San Diego dealers has several for $60K.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New RS4 Pricing...Cheap!!! $57.4k loaded..