Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My R8 taken down by M6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 10:48 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I honestly really like the R8, I got to see Jimmy Barriers personal R8 when it first hit the ground. I just don't think the V-10 is worth the premium, but I would love to see a twin turbo V8 kit!

Old 03-03-2009, 10:58 AM
durangorider is on a distinguished road
I still would rather have the R8

Old 03-03-2009, 11:06 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Two different cars for two different people. The R8 is more of a GT car, its a daily useable , amazingly made supercar for the people. It makes mid engine handling accessible and benign. The Z06 is a hooligan car, not for the faint of heart or timid! It's the people affordable race car!

Old 03-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I like the looks of both R8 and M6 and actually prefer a well done M6 coupe slightly. I'm certain Audi will address V8 lack of power, if you can call it that, as their next generation of engines come on board. Same goes for lack of torque in BMW M-engines. Street racing is more about driver skill and transmission type than who has more HP, unless it's LOTS more.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:22 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Two different cars for two different people. The R8 is more of a GT car, its a daily useable , amazingly made supercar for the people. It makes mid engine handling accessible and benign. The Z06 is a hooligan car, not for the faint of heart or timid! It's the people affordable race car!
After getting my *ss handed to me this weekend on the track by a well-driven Nissan GT-R, I would say the Z06 and GT-R are both cost-worthy adrenaline fixes .

Old 03-03-2009, 04:19 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
After getting my *ss handed to me this weekend on the track by a well-driven Nissan GT-R, I would say the Z06 and GT-R are both cost-worthy adrenaline fixes .
That GT-R was ridiculously fast. The owner was great driver who use to blowed by everyone with his old SupraTT.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:28 PM
fischb will become famous soon enoughfischb will become famous soon enough
I have also heard that the ride of G-TR is brutal. Roads here in Colorado are generally crappy, so I scratched it off my list. Many are available out here.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:02 AM
CCK
CCK is on a distinguished road
Get the V10!!

Old 03-10-2009, 09:56 AM
RepoMan will become famous soon enough
Can't win em all mate. Still a nice car regardless.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:53 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fischb
I have also heard that the ride of G-TR is brutal. Roads here in Colorado are generally crappy, so I scratched it off my list. Many are available out here.
it's not punishing, but not as 'civil' as the r8. ride comfort is certainly subjective, but i'd recommend trying it before you disqualify it.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:53 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cck
get the v10!!
+1. :d

Old 03-13-2009, 05:58 PM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
I have only seen 1 R8 around town but plenty of M6's. Like you said for speed , take out the 996tt. I would take the R8 over the M6 vert anyday.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Reading the entire thread I pick up on a lot points stated.
The R8 is a beautiful car but grossly underpowered for the class it wants to run in.
I would never spend the money for the Audi R8 V10. To be in that class I would spend my money on a Lambo supraleggeria or LP560.
More clout for the money.
The M6/M5's love the rpm's. The raced described in this thread if it had gone to 150 or 160 the carlengths would have been 12.

A SC'er will be available for the R8 (not the MTM) very soon. Checkout the tuner PES.

Ranger

Old 03-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Bingo, hit it right on the head.....for the money of the V-10...LP560...please and thank you.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:56 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
I would never spend the money for the Audi R8 V10. To be in that class I would spend my money on a Lambo supraleggeria or LP560.

A SC'er will be available for the R8 (not the MTM) very soon. Checkout the tuner PES.

Ranger
PES might have more demand for the SC than they can handle this year. VF is being very quiet about their SC development. They really should give an update or PES is going to take their client base before they know it.

A lightly used Superleggera can be had for $150k now! Buy that and save $30K over the V10 which isn't going to be here till 2010 anyway. Wow.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.