Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi R8 HRE Content Platinum Motorsport #2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 01:12 AM
Banned
Neeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the rough
not really feeling the rims on that car, maybe it looks better in person.

BTW your doing big things props.

Last edited by Neeeenja; 03-17-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:54 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AKR8
Man this is fun, I always love e-fights.

all i got to say is, i respect what u do k-town baller whatever, but here's a tip for you, and mind you this is coming from a 20 year old, so brace yourself.

Yea you have made a good living, but the fact that you have to come here and try to show off how much you spend and how money is no objects when buying "shoes" (does that bother you)and how ur spending 50 Gs at the club. Congrats buddy, but wtf does that have to do with anything, if what you had to say had any valid point, you would let it be known without ranting about non necessary ****. just saying man, be humble. trust me buddy, your feeling the recession like everybody else, might not be in the same scale as others, but you still feel it. check yourself before you come in here ranting, bc we dont need to hear that ****, we just dont. I appreciate the fact that you are standing up for a company you believe in but there is a certain way to go on about it.

and since money is no object, do you want my to buy my r8, i have been looking into a bull for a bit but with the recession my 9 figure bank account asks that i sell my car b4 buying a new one. i have had it for less than a year, got almost 10,000 miles on it. for you ill do a great price 115k. what do you think. Thats not even 3 nights at the club baby

sry for the last statement guys, there is one thing that i hate is idiots. idiots have no respect, and im starting to feel like one by replying to this, but this 36 year old needs to grow the fck up
Ben Baller has a point, the fact that he has experience with alot of these high end wheels shows that his post was informative, great insight and worthy to read than most of the posts posted by other members here in this forum.

AKR8, To Ben, money is not much of a concern for him, but he is not stupid, he already has an R8. I really like Ben's business ethic, deliver what customer wants and when they want it. He wanted HRE P40s, but since the built time is so slow for him, he decided to let Platinum custom make the design he wanted, which is a similar design to HREs, not a fake or a knockoff, cuz most fakes or knockoffs would not cost more than the real thing.

Btw, I can't stand that fact you are trying to show off by selling him an R8, while telling him to grow up... hmm...

To Ben, I respect you simply because you respect others. I like your business ethics and hope to be as successful as you are someday. Good work and keep it up!

Old 03-17-2009, 01:05 PM
JC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really nice
is his car recession proof as well

Old 03-17-2009, 01:21 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
lol busted/pwned

Old 03-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Banned
ForgedWheels is on a distinguished road

all i got to say is, i respect what u do k-town baller whatever, but here's a tip for you, and mind you this is coming from a 20 year old, so brace yourself.

Yea you have made a good living, but the fact that you have to come here and try to show off how much you spend and how money is no objects when buying "shoes" (does that bother you)and how ur spending 50 Gs at the club. Congrats buddy, but wtf does that have to do with anything, if what you had to say had any valid point, you would let it be known without ranting about non necessary ****. just saying man, be humble. trust me buddy, your feeling the recession like everybody else, might not be in the same scale as others, but you still feel it. check yourself before you come in here ranting, bc we dont need to hear that ****, we just dont. I appreciate the fact that you are standing up for a company you believe in but there is a certain way to go on about it.

and since money is no object, do you want my to buy my r8, i have been looking into a bull for a bit but with the recession my 9 figure bank account asks that i sell my car b4 buying a new one. i have had it for less than a year, got almost 10,000 miles on it. for you ill do a great price 115k. what do you think. Thats not even 3 nights at the club baby

sry for the last statement guys, there is one thing that i hate is idiots. idiots have no respect, and im starting to feel like one by replying to this, but this 36 year old needs to grow the fck up
You talk about him trying to show off but you had to mention your money in the bank I don't get it. But whatever makes you happy.
I'm just happy Ben was a member of this forum and cleared it up for platinum because the bashing might have gotten worse. Just goes to show you never know who is a member on this great forum.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:24 PM
AKR8 is on a distinguished road
I was going to write a rebuttal about your comments, and about how he didnt have to explain who he was to justify what he did.

but re-reading what I wrote, i completely understand what you guys said, because i wrote things out of anger, without thinking of what i wrote hence why i finished off by saying these things, which made me wonder maybe thats why he had to tell us what he was about and what he's got, because he was upset about what was being said.

Like I said, he worked hard to be somebody, but he should be more humble, thats all im saying. there are a lot of people that are feeling the pain, and i think he should understand that. that is the reason why I dont think that he should have done that, but obviously im not the right person to point that out. I make mistakes but i'm man enough to admit it. and im young so ill probably make more

Old 03-18-2009, 08:22 PM
MAX445 is on a distinguished road
very very nive!!

Old 03-21-2009, 12:33 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Okay, first I read the crap on this thread and can not believe I wasted 10 minutes of my life.
I originally became interested because of the HRE subject. A wheel manufacturer I totally believe in and support.

K-TOWN answer for me some questions. You have said that Platinum Motorsport "makes" wheels for you. Please explain to me what does it mean when you say, "PM cut you some wheels"??
I am confident that I know wheels much more than you do.
When did PM become a wheel manufacturer?
Bucky you talk a lot of trash but it makes no sense nor goes anywhere.
According to you, because you ride on wheels you are an expert. LOL!!!
Your pompous comments about your money, experience and attorneys do not add up to buy a roll of toilet paper.

SRatha, you with your comments make me laugh. I feel like ripping you but I will be nice.

Hey K-TOWN my car will be in Cali in early May. I'll run you huckleberry. Bring the M5 or whatever else you own.

Enough of this $h!t.

Ranger

Old 03-21-2009, 12:35 AM
AKR8 is on a distinguished road
Ranger you doing gatorun? i would PM but i am not eligible to

Old 03-21-2009, 05:17 PM
K-TOWN HUSTLER is on a distinguished road

you're right homey, it was exactly what I expected from a 20 year old.
not maybe, but YOU DID misunderstand me. **** being humble. I'm no better than anyone on earth. I just came in and chimed in 2cents since I was linked to this thread and 99% of the people in here didn't think I was a member of 6speed. I didn't like how dude from HRE came in here huffing, I understand both parties positions though. as for money, who's buying a r8 or anything and worrying about $800 to $2,000 when it comes to the wheels? when I say worrying, I mean like really sweating. when you gotta have it, you gotta have it.
no respect? I didn't come in here talking about the homeless I feed every single year on skid row los angeles, because I'm not a saint, what charities I belong and donate to and what I work hard for and try to bring into the koreatown community.

relax bro. the thread went on a long time before I even heard about it, I came in during the 4th quarter. I can go back and read what I wrote, but I already know you just went off the shine as does anyone else does and if when cats do stay a little longer they see depth. the jewels and cars are almost a facade to me. it's real but it isn't. the second I think that **** means more to me then my son, family etc, then I become doomed. and being a business man, I adjust to anything, whether it be the worst economy I've seen in my life or not. so maybe I am working a little harder. it's not just falling in my lap anymore, I gotta go out there and get it, but I'm not mad about that either.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Okay, first I read the crap on this thread and can not believe I wasted 10 minutes of my life.
I originally became interested because of the HRE subject. A wheel manufacturer I totally believe in and support.

K-TOWN answer for me some questions. You have said that Platinum Motorsport "makes" wheels for you. Please explain to me what does it mean when you say, "PM cut you some wheels"??
I am confident that I know wheels much more than you do.
When did PM become a wheel manufacturer?
Bucky you talk a lot of trash but it makes no sense nor goes anywhere.
According to you, because you ride on wheels you are an expert. LOL!!!
Your pompous comments about your money, experience and attorneys do not add up to buy a roll of toilet paper.

SRatha, you with your comments make me laugh. I feel like ripping you but I will be nice.

Hey K-TOWN my car will be in Cali in early May. I'll run you huckleberry. Bring the M5 or whatever else you own.

Enough of this $h!t.

Ranger
lol. word.
they own a cnc machine/mill and a lathe, so they made the wheels for me and they make wheels for a lotta clients. thats what I meant, sorry.

I remember Diko(spelling?) the owner of Giovanna used to own a shop called modern auto and he was 1 of the first guy I remember who owned a cnc in the back of the shop. speaking of CNC machines, remember I do make custom jewelry so we own a cnc in my factory downtown, but it's waaaaaay more precise.

I'm sure you do know about making wheels.

as for racing? as long as its on a city street homey. i'm down
don't tell me you're the professional boxer who can't fight outside the ring
jk.....
everyone simmer down, I came in here to back up my homey's shop where I do business. thats it. not to throw weight or chest around. there are SOOOOOO MANY bad *** cars on this forum. I'm a gnat on a dogs *****.

peace

Old 03-21-2009, 05:59 PM
HOLD UP, hold up!
naw, wait a minute boss....
I was so self obsessed, I didn't read the part after Bucky...

because I ride on wheels does not make me an expert.
I'm saying, I've been riding on wheels with low profile tires in a city with potholes and ****ty roads for a long time. I'm talking over dozens of sets of wheels, so experience wise, I know how to drive or be careful on a very low profile tire and bigger then OEM wheel then the better than average driver. I see so many people bend wheels and it was their fault and freak out. I'm not dumb, I can feel the difference. I know how much 22"s slowed down my M5, etc.... but I rather sacrafice that for the exterior looks.
I understand what it is to ride on the streets with stocks on and then to roll without stocks on, I've bent wheels before, I know what its like to curb a wheel, to hit bumps in the road and to know how hard I can go with certain manufacturers or through experience of having ran through so many wheels. you know there are companies who make a ****ty forged wheel to a company who makes a stronger better made 3pc forged wheel. let's not play ignorant. I'm saying now, I haven't bent a wheel in a long time. As for making them, I'm purely going off my personal tastes/experience, I don't remember saying I was an expert. and sorry, I can't get into the technical mechanics of making the wheel, but remember, I work with gold and alloys on a daily basis and we've made gold rims to go around a neck that spun for the sake of arguement, nothing that had rubber on it or went on a car but I could only imagine.

and just because that wheels performs well on the track does not mean it's going to hold up well over a crack in the road on a los angeles ****ty street(doesn't make it necessarily a bad wheel either)
I remember putting on rims for the first time on the scale of going from a 16" to a 18" 16 years ago and remember feeling the difference as anyone should immediately. even with lowering springs, coilovers etc... .but back then there weren't 25 series profile tires and more rubber to gamble with (any bit helps in my opinion especially when you're on 26"s on a suv)

excuse my pompous behavior via keyboard, maybe I'm just an *******....
I speak on the attorney issue because I got into a legal battle with NIKE and won. it may sound like apples and oranges but it really does relate. Nike went into suit against Bathing Ape for their BAPESTA shoe which was a complete rip off the NIKE AirForce1. this suit went about 20 rounds worldwide, not just the USA or Tokyo, but in a few other countries. at the end of the day, Bape did NOT stamp a swoosh or NIKE tag on the shoe and Nike couldn't win the suit or cease and dissist over the likeliness of a mold of the shoe.
so with the blank mold nothing else on this monoblock style wheel. it really comes down to huge mistake by my friend by putting HRE by accident on the website, I came in here to clear it up because nobody was trying to pull the wool over my eyes or anyone elses.

again, I waited for HRE to see what they were gonna do, it took a long while. it wasn't so much a money factor, so I went ahead and had PM "CUT" the wheels for me. there was lack of communication internally at platinum and in this case, the marketing guy "assumed" we were rollin with HRE. it sounds like an excuse and all I can do is apologize on their behalf, but I know Sam's intentions were not to fool anyone. you think people who are spending $300,000+ on accessories are worried about a few grand when it comes to wheels? PM is not going to risk their reputation over this for any amount of money. sometimes it's time factor. or really most of the time it is. people are ****ing impatient, some people read their emails religiously every 5 minutes, some even faster via their pda phone and some read them at the end of the day or whatnot. for those who can't wait, they have alternatives. thats all.

lastly and again, I understand HRE's position and their fans/clients on this forum. but enough was enough, I wasn't gonna let anyone bash my peoples shop.

anyone saying E-Fights, I'm just speaking my position; I don't expect y'all to all like it or any of you to. I can't/don't hide behind a cpu screen. I'm not saying that any of you are, I'm saying I'm not and I'm pretty accessible as i do these shows, make a lot of appearances at different places. and I know this board has dudes who stay with the holier than thou attitudes and don't like big rims, etc and those who don't like chrome or shines and then the other side of this forum has many who like big *** chrome wheels or the biggest aggressive looking fitment possible.
i'm somewhere right in between.

thats it, enough and I have zero animosity. I took slight offense to some of this though. but then again, there are 3 direct parties involved. a lotta cheerleaders and I guess a jury.

continue or don't.

peace

Last edited by K-TOWN HUSTLER; 03-21-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:16 PM
nlpamg

private message sent. how long have you been on NT? did you think I would even compare the IQ level of anyone, even the so called few elite car enthusiasts on NT to even the younger people on here 6speed??? cmon, get serious. I would think you would know better if you know me from there. I hardly post there and I browse through here once in a while.
IF and CO (my jewelry company) just got into a huge lawsuit with ICEE the slushee/beverage company due to the fact that our name Icee Fresh Jewels came up 4th on a google search about 8 months ago.... the fact that we had the motto "many are cold, few are frozen" led them to believe that we were trying to gain business or mislead their demographic of customers to our business. I understand where they are coming from, but at the end of the day it was not worth the battle because it woulda been about 1 million out of our pockets to fight them in ontario, texas and florida when we could use that money elsewhere. who is drinking ICEE slush's and buying diamonds? they brought in the fact that they also manufacture pins and watches(which they give away as promo items) and so that would fall under the catagory of jewelry, but we came with "custom made jewelry" and at the end of the day, its peace between us and ICEE co.
hence the name change from Icee Fresh to IFandCo which still refers to our actual retail store called Icee Fresh and also stands for Internally Flawless.

sorry for the excerpt, but I'm replying to those who asked questions

Last edited by K-TOWN HUSTLER; 03-21-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:30 PM
speedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nice
Your posts are too long man

Second, what would you do if someone was replicating your unique jewelry pieces that you designed and selling them for profit? Sit back and do nothing? Probably not.

Third, it doesn't matter who did what and why, whether they knew or not, the fact is that they are obvious copies. I like Platinum Motorsport but any business needs to be aware of what products are out there and what they are selling their customers.

I only had time to read one of your long posts but why not keep it legitimate and buy real HRE's? They have one of the fastest turnaround times and money is obviously not an issue for you, so why not?

Old 03-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by speedappeal
Your posts are too long man

Second, what would you do if someone was replicating your unique jewelry pieces that you designed and selling them for profit? Sit back and do nothing? Probably not.

Third, it doesn't matter who did what and why, whether they knew or not, the fact is that they are obvious copies. I like Platinum Motorsport but any business needs to be aware of what products are out there and what they are selling their customers.

I only had time to read one of your long posts but why not keep it legitimate and buy real HRE's? They have one of the fastest turnaround times and money is obviously not an issue for you, so why not?
it happens all the time. people bite our designs even steal our actual stock photos and use it on ebay, etc. lie bout making it in nyc, etc. I can't fight everyone. I try to take it as a compliment, but we've got into battles with other well known jewelers claiming our work. F it. I keep it pushing

as for HRE, it was a couple months bro. as stated. car was supposed to be showed off in exchange too (SEMA, etc) so instead, I had them turned around in less than a week for less money. the wheels and new PPI kit are on the car now minus the rear wing.
here's a camera phone pic, the car will be @ the DUB SHOW 2moro @ platinum's booth

the sideskirts were painted in certain sections because I'm not crazy about having too much carbon on the car

when the wheels were finished and my kit is behind chillin waiting to be installed last week.

Last edited by K-TOWN HUSTLER; 03-21-2009 at 06:50 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Audi R8 HRE Content Platinum Motorsport #2