Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My R8 V10 pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 08:26 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Nice...

Old 08-31-2009, 09:06 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
I'm not a fan of the R8 but your house looks very nice! Do you have more pix of that?

Old 08-31-2009, 06:24 PM
Banned
PathosRx is an unknown quantity at this point
I was behind an R8 Saturday night. I followed him for 5 miles. He must have been worried ....

Old 08-31-2009, 09:50 PM
sam
sam is on a distinguished road
Absolutely stunning car! I'll be in the Seattle area next Friday... maybe I'll see your beast roaming the streets

Enjoy the new toy in good health!

Old 09-02-2009, 11:23 PM
djtan is on a distinguished road
beautiful! very nice. what are the major differences your experiencing with the V10 vs the V8?

Congrats!

Old 09-04-2009, 02:03 PM
wanttogofast is on a distinguished road
beautiful machine! I hope to see you driving around seattle some time. I should carry a change of pants in case i do though . the r8 v10 is one of my dream cars.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:35 PM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
Awesome car. Look forward to your additional driving impressions after you've been able to enjoy her for a few days! I'm on the waitlist for the V10 myself, seems like I've been 'waiting' forever!

Old 09-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
very nice! and your house looks sick!!! love it!

Old 09-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
congrats

Old 09-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Former Vendor
D2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to all
Congrats!! The car looks great, and you took some cool pics too!

I love everything about the V10 R8 with the exception of the wheels.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Turbotom1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PathosRx
I was behind an R8 Saturday night. I followed him for 5 miles. He must have been worried ....
Your lucky he did not get the wrong idea and have a couple of his buddies
wait up ahead to have a little chat with you. Following people is what car thieves do.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Vars is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by shawminator
Awesome car. Look forward to your additional driving impressions after you've been able to enjoy her for a few days!
I haven't responded to posts for so long because I've been too busy driving!

Hands down the biggest differences vs. the V8 are the speed and the sound.

As I said in my very first 6speed post, this car is FAST! Before the V8 R8 I had a 997 turbo and I can confidently confirm that the V10 is as fast as that car. Power is very linear and the high RPM redline makes driving fast a pure joy. There is the same massive grip that the V8 had, but it is way easier to brake traction under hard acceleration. The V8 always felt poised, controlled, and quick. The V10 feels poised, controlled, and plenty fast enough to become not-poised and not-controlled in a hurry. I've gained a healthy respect for the right pedal in the V10.

The V10 sounds pretty close to a Gallardo...beautifully tuned exotic that just loves to scream. Quite a drastic change from the mad, snarling, throaty V8 that makes you wonder where the muscle car or monster truck is when you light it up. With the windows up, the sound is very muted. Windows down is just amazing. It makes you keep revving over 4k RPM so the baffle opens up(anyone know how to make it always open?) and you hear that amazing sound.

Another difference is the shift speed of the rtronic. The V10 shifts very very fast in sport mode than the V8 in sport mode. The shifts don't seem that much harsher, just way faster.

My only annoyance with the car is the SD card that I put my mp3s on seems to be super slow when changing tracks. Was blistering fast in the V8 on the same SD card. I'm guessing there will be a software update for this issue or all I need to do is upgrade to a faster card or something.

For me, the V8 was pretty much perfect except I always wanted it to be a bit faster. Problem definitely solved!

Old 09-06-2009, 01:24 AM
jibberjive is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear it! It seems like the cool thing to say over here is, "Enjoy it in good health," so yeah, do that

Old 09-06-2009, 01:34 AM
CarGuy56 will become famous soon enough
congrats on your new R8 V10

Old 09-06-2009, 10:16 AM
slammedM is on a distinguished road
love the R8, especialy the V10. BUT...what were they thinking with those wheels??

the R8 V8 had much nicer wheels IMO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My R8 V10 pics