Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A New "M3 EATR" Joins the Family

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 04:01 PM
JonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to behold
I really don't like to be an "Audi Fanboy" always, but have any of you had true life experience between those two beast, cause I have. Two formidable drivers, one with an M3 who recently raced one of my friends with a new S4 went at it. RS4 Milltek exhaust, tune, air filter vs. an M3 with tune and airfilter. They raced from a dig and the RS4 took him into the upper 100's. Fair race, nothing sketchy, but the RS4 is down right faster when properly driven from a DIG, anything else SHOULD be an M3 race. Also keep in mind, the M3 does have about 2 years on the RS4. Stock to stock they have very similar quarter mile times, and in real life where there isn't rubber laid down for the M3 to hook, the RS4 should out edge it.

Last edited by JonM; 06-18-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:07 PM
dsg03svt is on a distinguished road
Beautiful car. Where in San Antonio are you? I just picked up an 08 black IS-F and wouldn't mind cruising around one of these days. I'm on the north side (Stone Oak).

Old 06-18-2010, 04:45 PM
r0csfinest is on a distinguished road
Also keep in mind, the M3 does have about 2 years on the RS4.
i hate when people say that. cause in that case then how many s4/rs4s did it take for audi to be faster than the e46 m3?

Old 06-18-2010, 04:52 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonM
I really don't like to be an "Audi Fanboy" always, but have any of you had true life experience between those two beast, cause I have. Two formidable drivers, one with an M3 who recently raced one of my friends with a new S4 went at it. RS4 Milltek exhaust, tune, air filter vs. an M3 with tune and airfilter. They raced from a dig and the RS4 took him into the upper 100's. Fair race, nothing sketchy, but the RS4 is down right faster when properly driven from a DIG, anything else SHOULD be an M3 race. Also keep in mind, the M3 does have about 2 years on the RS4. Stock to stock they have very similar quarter mile times, and in real life where there isn't rubber laid down for the M3 to hook, the RS4 should out edge it.

I have left seat time in all saloons from this group and the C63 is the fastest by far........I've raced stock vs stock against an E90 M3 and RS4 and I have never lost (roll or dig)! Not flaming or thread jacking, just going by my own experience! I love Audi (see sig) and I would love to own one again!

Old 06-18-2010, 05:17 PM
JonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
I have left seat time in all saloons from this group and the C63 is the fastest by far........I've raced stock vs stock against an E90 M3 and RS4 and I have never lost (roll or dig)! Not flaming or thread jacking, just going by my own experience! I love Audi (see sig) and I would love to own one again!
The C63 is definitely the fastest, but was your seat time in an RS4 or M3. Unfortunately my friend has sold his RS4 so I cant get a video, but I will try to get one against the M3 and S4...results may surprise many of you.

Originally Posted by r0csfinest
i hate when people say that. cause in that case then how many s4/rs4s did it take for audi to be faster than the e46 m3?
lol, ok regardless it still has two years on it. From my limited experience, I think stock to stock the B5 S4 vs e36 M3 was faster straight line, though I'm not sure. Plus the S4 was much more tuneable. I better not here you crying when the M3 gets handed by the RS5 because in my opinion Audi had plenty of time to develop around the M3, just like BMW and the RS4. Misread your post, it took 2 cars to be faster, you're right...it should have taken one, but it didn't. And you can't say the new M3 wasn't built directly at the RS4 considering the next model line went up a class.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:06 PM
ChrisF1220 will become famous soon enoughChrisF1220 will become famous soon enough
They are all beautiful cars. That's the bottom line. Each definitely excels in one area or the other over one another, but it's the drivers choice as to what to drive.

I'd take any of them, although my final choice was an RS4.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:28 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ChrisF1220
They are all beautiful cars. That's the bottom line. Each definitely excels in one area or the other over one another, but it's the drivers choice as to what to drive.

I'd take any of them, although my final choice was an RS4.

And that is all that matters sir! Great choice!

Old 06-18-2010, 06:44 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I still don't get the need to change the calipers...

Old 06-18-2010, 07:27 PM
If you're going to do any serious tracking with the nearly 4,000 lbs. RS4 you would definitely need to upgrade lines, pads etc. but I think the OEM Brembo brakes are decent enough......any serious track time and I would go with Stasis/Ohlins upgrade for sure! There is just no getting around the portly AWD.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:07 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
If you're going to do any serious tracking with the nearly 4,000 lbs. RS4 you would definitely need to upgrade lines, pads etc. but I think the OEM Brembo brakes are decent enough......any serious track time and I would go with Stasis/Ohlins upgrade for sure! There is just no getting around the portly AWD.
I agree with this (coming from the guy who 'upgraded' his rotors/pads/lines for track use). It appeared to me that if you track - you MUST upgrade the calipers. That's the part I don't get. It is quite possible that I don't understand this car as well as you guys do (that's why I'm asking).

I know of a single weakness in my calipers (which I'm not going to share until I understand more about this one - if it is even remotely relevant).

Old 06-18-2010, 08:17 PM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ChrisF1220
t I know that it gives me a smile every time I get into it that the others can not.
Nice choice. What you said is one of the many reasons why people who make car buying decisions "by-the-numbers" will never understand. Enjoy!

Old 06-18-2010, 09:03 PM
signes is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JonM
I do and I find that very hard to believe. The variable there is the driver which obviously makes the biggest difference in any contest. With the same driver in each car, this doesn't happen.

As for the RS5, Sport Auto just did a comparison and have a look at the results (not on their site yet but the summary results are shown in the thread below.) Kind of sad since I actually would have liked to see the RS5 do better (as the RS4 did against the E46.)

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...69&postcount=1

Old 06-18-2010, 09:32 PM
The RS5 is so sexy, I read a recent review that had it faster than the M3 to 60 mph! The consistant "one upping" by the Euros and even more recently the Japos is great for the consumer. The best is yet to come, and I can't wait for the new TT V8 M5/6 offering!

Old 06-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Mcoupe is on a distinguished road
That RS4 looks damn sexy. I live in Houston...not far from San Antonio. Come eat me please!!

Old 06-19-2010, 02:00 AM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by signes
I do and I find that very hard to believe. The variable there is the driver which obviously makes the biggest difference in any contest. With the same driver in each car, this doesn't happen.

As for the RS5, Sport Auto just did a comparison and have a look at the results (not on their site yet but the summary results are shown in the thread below.) Kind of sad since I actually would have liked to see the RS5 do better (as the RS4 did against the E46.)

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...69&postcount=1
You beat me to it , Well soo much for that..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A New "M3 EATR" Joins the Family