Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

B8 S4: perfect DD....thoughts on a weekend car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 09:52 PM
ssaa77 is on a distinguished road
B8 S4: perfect DD....thoughts on a weekend car?

Love my 2010 B8 S4 with s-tronic. In my opinion, the perfect DD. However, wanting a weekend car to row gears in. Currently have a S2K, but wanting to do a significant upgrade to an 07 GT3 or 07 AMV8. Used to have a 997S and while I know the GT3 is a vastly different car, might be too similar to what I've had before. Always crave the AMV8 but have been scared of maintenance/reliability.

You only live once though, right? I know people don't usually shop the GT3 with a AMV8, but they are the two cars I'm considering right now. Haven't driven either but before calling up dealers, hoping to get some opinions on the forum.

Thanks!

Old 07-29-2010, 12:40 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
faced a similar scenario with a 993tt vs. an AMV8. Honestly, I love the Aston, but the maintenance scares me. Go GT3 and never look back IMHO

Old 07-29-2010, 01:50 PM
thanks torquechap. think it will come down to which one i can get a deal on first ....i don't keep cars much longer than 1-2 years, so maintenance won't be a deal breaker....

Old 07-29-2010, 02:16 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
lots more deals on the amv8 no matter which car you ultimately chose, enjoy!

Old 07-29-2010, 03:16 PM
N'Syncro is on a distinguished road
What about the new Audi TT RS? Might be a bit of a step sideways from your B8 though. Similar HP (even though it's a 5cyl)

Old 07-29-2010, 07:00 PM
switchface will become famous soon enough
I thought the TTRS wasn't available in a manual, a la RS5?

I haven't driven either, so I'm not sure how much validity my opinion holds...but, I think it depends on what your "weekend driving" will consist of.

If you just want a different experience for the weekends, and you'll be driving around town, doing normal things, with some canyons thrown in...I'd get the Vantage. It's a better looker, an attention grabber, a different driving experience, while remaining relatively comfortable.

If you're going to be heading to the track or are looking to let out some aggression with some angry driving...I'd get the GT3. Not that you can't drive the Aston angry (and look damn good doing it), but I think that's where the GT3 was designed to shine.

Either way, you're going to be happy!

Old 07-29-2010, 08:04 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
The GT3, because it is pure and wild, a freakin beast, ROARRRR!

Old 07-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Yeah, looking for 3 pedals, so the audi suggestions won't work, unless we're talking r8, but doesn't excite me like the other two.

I think ur right switch face. I'm not a heavy track guy even though I'd love to get out there more often. With two kids now, which is why I need to keep the S4, just a fun drive during the weekends is all I can ask for!

Feel ridiculous since to think the s4 is boring is just idiotic. I hardly drive the s2k anymore since I get enough thrills with the stronic. But a amv8 or gt3 would make a pretty killer combo

Old 07-30-2010, 10:07 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
997 Turbo Cab.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:04 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
+1 gt3

Old 07-30-2010, 04:58 PM
jacx920 can only hope to improve
the TT RS is not available in the US, unless bought through a Canadian dealer and then through immigrations to US, but that costs rediculous amounts of money, that is also how you would bring an RS5 to the US.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:15 PM
$teady$upreme is on a distinguished road
Gt3 ftw!

Old 07-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Would most folks on this forum recommend an 07 turbo over an 07 GT3? Pretty much the same price. I think I need to do some serious test driving this weekend

Old 07-31-2010, 11:26 PM
Christianl is on a distinguished road
I think the GT3 wins, but both are definitely very nice cars.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:11 AM
j03chu is on a distinguished road
hey

Before i just completely give in to the idea of a gt3, (however much i love that car to death), i'll give the amv8 a testdrive first. My buddy has a 2008 speed yellow (custom dealer color) vantage, now wrapped in matte black, and its a GREAT daily driver. I'm coming from a s2000 as well, and i can appreciate all the great noise and looks the amv8 vantage gets; as in aspect with its maintenance issues, i've heard of the clutch in the auto manual being a problem, but other than that, after about a year now, the car still looks and run beautifully, the car has almost no problems.

SOOOO to cliffnotes the thoughts about the dreams of having an amv8 and a gt3 to choose from, I'll always and completely pick the gt3, but that's just me. Even a dude like me coming from a s2000 to a now z4mc, i'll go for a gt3 in a heartbeat. But in all complete sense, relevant to the rest of the "not too hardcore crowd", the amv8 is definitely worth a thought. JMHO.

I'll shut up now. Good luck with your search=]

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: B8 S4: perfect DD....thoughts on a weekend car?