Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

GMP Performance B8 A5 Project Sprint Booster Installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
GMP Performance B8 A5 Project Sprint Booster Installation

We've installed a Sprint Booster in our Project Audi A5.

This is a unit that we sell many of as they are a great plug-n-play module that increases throttle response.

The kit (Module, Switch & instructions):

Module Plugs in between pedal & wiring harness

Then you run the switch to your preferred location (somewhere under the dash, ashtray or console). We attached ours under the steering wheel column:

Once the unit is installed, pick a program and [drive]

Check out Sprint Boosters on our website! (also available for B8 Audi A4 S4 A5 S5 A6 S6 etc.)
Be sure to check out all of our other products on www.gmpperformance.com

Cheers,
GMP

Old 01-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
I took the A5 out for a healthy test drive around the Charlotte area this morning with the sprint booster installed.

My drive started by setting a baseline with the sprint booster in the off position. Although I thoroughly enjoy driving the Audi A5 2.0T Quattro in stock from it does have a noticeable fault; the weight of the all wheel drive system coming off the line. I'm not talking about wide open throttle shenanigans here, but let's say someone pulls next to you in a car clad with propeller-like badges. You are in a situation where you want to be able to pull away from the line with decent haste but not attract attention from the police,lady on neighborhood watch, etc. You bump the revs to 3 grand, let go of the clutch and blah the car falls on it's face from lack of torque. I associate this with the lack of torque from the 2.0T off boost and the parasitic drive train loss of the Quattro system.

This is where the Sprint Booster shines. By selecting the green or "sport" mode on the unit it transforms the car. A simple blip of the throttle delivers immediate satisfaction similarly to having put the car on a diet. Driving throughout Charlotte's main boulevards the car felt lighter, more nimble and generally more enjoyable. The aforementioned difficulties I had encountered whilst launching the car had disappeared.

Arriving close to uptown I decided to try out the ultimate "red" mode. This mode should really be reserved for spirited driving and track days. Power delivery is immediate and powerful. I quickly decided to mitigate possible damage to my driver's license at this point and head for the nearest interstate on-ramp. This is the closest I could get to what turn 1&2 at VIR would feel like. At this stage the sprint booster's programing really came into it's element. Even though it doesn't affect the overall power output of the car I found it easier to put down all the car's power while being smooth driver.

Verdict:
This simple plug-in modification transforms the Audi into a lighter more nimble vehicle. Not only does it "lighten the car" is is also a great companion to other performance enhancing modifications.