Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi TT versus Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 01:39 PM
EngineRoom is on a distinguished road
Audi TT versus Porsche

I'd like to get a sports car, but I commute in traffic, so I'm looking for something with automatic transmission. Is the Audi TT a good option?

Old 06-13-2011, 01:49 PM
dailydriver will become famous soon enough
I would say a 911 PDK or Tiptronic would be your best option

Of course I have a slight bias on the subject.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
The Audi TT is a great car. The TTS is even better! The DSG gearbox is an engineering marvel.

The Porsche PDK transmission is probably the best automatic transmission made today. (or automated manual if you prefer - for me, no clutch pedal = automatic) And the Boxster, Cayman, and 911 are all wonderful cars as well. I would not buy or recommend the Tiptronic versions. The PDK is orders of magnitude better. If you get the PDK, the Sport Chrono option is a must IMHO.

A few things to consider - everything will cost more with a Porsche - purchase price, tires, service, insurance, etc, etc.

I've owned a TT Roadster, TTS Coupe, TTS Roadster, Cayman S, 997 TT, 997 C4S cabriolet, and a 997 C2S. For me, the Audi is a better commuter or daily driver - more comfortable, easier to get into and out of, better gas mileage, better trunk space, etc.

You really can't go wrong with either brand.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:20 PM
EngineRoom is on a distinguished road
Great info. Thank you!

Old 06-13-2011, 04:28 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
The TT with quattro and s-tronic is a very good car and much cheaper than any Porsche with pdk.
if u don`t need the 2 extra seats the cayman is also a very good car and it has what the other 2 cars lack, the cayman is midengined.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:28 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dr. Bill
The Audi TT is a great car. The TTS is even better! The DSG gearbox is an engineering marvel.

The Porsche PDK transmission is probably the best automatic transmission made today. (or automated manual if you prefer - for me, no clutch pedal = automatic) And the Boxster, Cayman, and 911 are all wonderful cars as well. I would not buy or recommend the Tiptronic versions. The PDK is orders of magnitude better. If you get the PDK, the Sport Chrono option is a must IMHO.

A few things to consider - everything will cost more with a Porsche - purchase price, tires, service, insurance, etc, etc.

I've owned a TT Roadster, TTS Coupe, TTS Roadster, Cayman S, 997 TT, 997 C4S cabriolet, and a 997 C2S. For me, the Audi is a better commuter or daily driver - more comfortable, easier to get into and out of, better gas mileage, better trunk space, etc.

You really can't go wrong with either brand.
This is pretty much spot on.

The TTS is a fantastic DD. I got rid of mine because of the unusually significant lag (which is why I've got a TT-RS coming soon), though it is very quick once moving.