Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Help Me pick a car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
R8 or TTS. R8 is more comfortable, TTS more practical. but they are really different cars. It depends what you prize most in a car.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:59 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
Go for the Aston. I love mine, numbers are for geeks (unless you race). How does it make you feel? Is it special? How does it drive? How does it look?

My Aston feels better than my Audi and the Boxter S I had. I also think it is more visceral than my friends R8 V10 (he does too).

Drive them each for 30 mins at least and see. The one that stirs your soul is the one to buy.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:20 PM
sprinter is on a distinguished road
That's easy! Turbo S

Old 11-17-2011, 10:03 PM
jjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to behold
r8.

heres why

you already have an aston.
Fcar is the wrong one.
bentley is for old people.
and as much as i love Pcars, 997 will soon be outdated by the 991, even though its a turbo s

Old 11-17-2011, 10:45 PM
huy
huy will become famous soon enough
clearly get the R8

Old 11-18-2011, 11:47 AM
11CayenneS will become famous soon enough
Hey everyone. As you can see, I went with the Aston v8 vantage s. I absolutely love it! Thanks for all your input!!

Old 11-18-2011, 12:25 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 11CayenneS
Hey everyone. As you can see, I went with the Aston v8 vantage s. I absolutely love it! Thanks for all your input!!

not a bad alternative, enjoy!

Old 11-18-2011, 03:02 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !

Tells us how you came to your choice. Did you test drive any of the others and what were the pros and cons in your opinion.

Congrats btw!

Old 11-19-2011, 05:48 AM
It was all because of the test drive. The Aston felt more visceral and raw than the Porsche or Audi. Even though it's not as fast it feels faster. The sounds it makes just push my buttons, it was very comfortable to drive as well. Then I did a lot of thinking about the fact that there are 3 r8's in my neighborhood and tons of 911's. I have only seen a couple Astons in the wild and I had never seen a white one. When it came time to negotiate price I had decided if I couldn't get the Aston at what I felt was the right price then I would go with an r8 if I got a good deal. Non of the Audi dealers really wanted to move much on price which was the same for some of the Aston dealers. Then I found this carat foreign cars italia in Greensboro nc. They worked a very aggressive deal and got me across the line. I love the car and now understand what all the Aston owners go on about when people ask them why Aston. The car is much more than the sum of its parts. It's hard to explain all the things that make it excellent. All I recommend is for a buyer to drive the Aston before dismissing it on numbers alone. The other challenge with Aston is the massive difference from year to year. A lot of the negatives or shortfalls you hear about have been addressed in 2009, 2010, and 2011. This car is incredibly different from a 2009 which is unlike other manufacturers. It's important to educate yourself on the Aston line and I did so by using the guide to the gaydon era Aston book

Old 11-19-2011, 10:49 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
the fact that there are 3 r8's in my neighborhood
so, that´s my dream neighborhood.
i think you made the right choice. For a car maniac the (subjective) emotion and the feel should be decisive and not some numbers.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:43 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
Congrats. I Bought the Aston too.
Once you drive one, if it's for you, you know right away. Everyone who gets in just falls in love. The more you drive it, the more you fall for it.

Remove fuse 22 and listen to perfection.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:59 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
It was all because of the test drive. The Aston felt more visceral and raw than the Porsche or Audi. Even though it's not as fast it feels faster. The sounds it makes just push my buttons, it was very comfortable to drive as well. Then I did a lot of thinking about the fact that there are 3 r8's in my neighborhood and tons of 911's. I have only seen a couple Astons in the wild and I had never seen a white one. When it came time to negotiate price I had decided if I couldn't get the Aston at what I felt was the right price then I would go with an r8 if I got a good deal. Non of the Audi dealers really wanted to move much on price which was the same for some of the Aston dealers. Then I found this carat foreign cars italia in Greensboro nc. They worked a very aggressive deal and got me across the line. I love the car and now understand what all the Aston owners go on about when people ask them why Aston. The car is much more than the sum of its parts. It's hard to explain all the things that make it excellent. All I recommend is for a buyer to drive the Aston before dismissing it on numbers alone. The other challenge with Aston is the massive difference from year to year. A lot of the negatives or shortfalls you hear about have been addressed in 2009, 2010, and 2011. This car is incredibly different from a 2009 which is unlike other manufacturers. It's important to educate yourself on the Aston line and I did so by using the guide to the gaydon era Aston book
Thanks for your explanation.
I had written off Aston Martins after borrowing my friends 2007 Vantage for the weekend. It sucked in every way compared to my 2009 C2S. Mainly what was most suprising was how poorly it handled in the turns and how flimsy it felt. The owner and myself felt as though it was going to break down if we drove it hard. It got me a lot of attention(too much), it sounded nice, and I think it is gorgeous.
So to hear of the improvements peaks my interest again. Is the 2012 much better than the 2011 or 2010? Is it worth paying extra?

Old 11-23-2011, 06:27 AM
The only two differences I can see for 2012 is changing from Volvo nav to garmin nav and aero dynamic windshield wipers are standard. If you can swing it go for an s over base model and make sure you get the premium audio as its the best I've heard in stock and aftermarket systems. If you are a crazy audiophile go for the b&o but it is pricey. The 2010/2011 car has plenty of power and since traction control only really kicks in when you are about to kill yourself, the car feels much faster than the 911 gts even though it isn't to 60mph

Old 11-23-2011, 06:29 AM
Oh btw the updated Volvo nav isn't as bad as the old one and is quite livable

Old 12-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Now I have proof I am an old geezer. After looking at most of the same cars I bought the Bentley GTC.
I liked the idea of massive performance but realized that most of the time I was just driving. I do agree wholly with the poster that said what ever car makes you feel good or special, that's the one.

The R8 is a great looking car on the road and I have only seen one in my area. No Astons or Bentleys and a bunch of 911s.

Glad your thrilled, that's what matters. Unless you race for slips.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help Me pick a car