Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 audi TTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 08:17 AM
SKNKWRX has a spectacular aura aboutSKNKWRX has a spectacular aura aboutSKNKWRX has a spectacular aura about
Good to hear about the Haldex I am always on the fence as to if it will really be noticable for DD. I am really curious about the turbo pipe please post your thoughts when you get it in. I have a good mechanic if you dont want to tackle it. How much of a ***** was the RS grill as I may tackle that today. Wonderng where you are located? Cars looking tight.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:05 PM
224wheels is infamous around these parts
It was an interesting process. I recommend cutting the foam bumper support where the grille goes. It is very visible if u don't. Also, buy some flat black paint and paint the actual bumper flat black. It will b bright raw silver and waaaaaay to visable. 3m double sidded automotive tape so u can keep the residual bumper foam on the ends. If u need a hint or two I have taken that bumper off like 3 times now. Just shoot me a message. Be prepared to do some modification on your bumper and grille. It is not a bolt on part. Btw. If u dont mind spending the green the haldex is one of the best mods I have done on this car. Unbelievable diff in the dtd driving. Get the rear anti sway bar also.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:45 PM
SKNKWRX has a spectacular aura aboutSKNKWRX has a spectacular aura aboutSKNKWRX has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 224wheels
It was an interesting process. I recommend cutting the foam bumper support where the grille goes. It is very visible if u don't. Also, buy some flat black paint and paint the actual bumper flat black. It will b bright raw silver and waaaaaay to visable. 3m double sidded automotive tape so u can keep the residual bumper foam on the ends. If u need a hint or two I have taken that bumper off like 3 times now. Just shoot me a message. Be prepared to do some modification on your bumper and grille. It is not a bolt on part. Btw. If u dont mind spending the green the haldex is one of the best mods I have done on this car. Unbelievable diff in the dtd driving. Get the rear anti sway bar also.
RSB has been in since late may. Thanks for the tips on the grill might try tomorrow or if not next weekend. There is a group drive mostly VW R32s through the lake geneva area tomorrow. Interested?

Old 10-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks 4 the invite. But I am going to install that turbo outlet today and lots of other random crap. Next time def interested. I'll let u know what I think of the outlet. I'll do anything to give this car some more low end. U think twin turbo would b a solution?

Old 11-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Howd that turbo pipe install go?

Old 11-07-2011, 07:03 PM
It went well, I'm not sure about much pickup. I was hoping to pick up some low end but Iay have to find it somewhere else. But I did get the tid cf rear valance in. I must say it looks unreal, but the firmament was no walk in the park. It took about 5 hours to install and I had to modify it for the miltek exhaust, which they specifically said would not b an issue. In the end u guys can make the judgement weather it was worth $1200.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:58 AM

Old 11-08-2011, 11:02 AM

Old 11-08-2011, 11:04 AM

Old 11-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Would like to see that in person, I looked at alot of CF valances but didnt think any looked worth the money. I pulled mine and painted it gloss black and put on a CF RS wing, got my RS grill in last weekend also.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:24 PM
worth the money??? jurry is still out on that one for the quality, fit and finnish. This thing is worth about $600 in my personal opinion. But it looks cool.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:44 PM
TK7
TK7 is infamous around these parts
beautiful car

Old 12-26-2011, 12:54 AM
FongFlex is infamous around these parts
I'm thinking about getting an Audi TTs. My only reservation is the turbo lag. How does the APR ecu flash help with the turbo lag?

Thanks for the input.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:51 PM
All right after driving this car 4 a few months and doing it in a spirited fashion I am overly impressed with the 2.0T FSI engine. BUT the turbo lag is a very....very large problem 4 me. I should have just waited and gotten the ttrs. I put the neuspeed turbo outlet pipe on and it helped little but not enough. I am WAITING 4 someone to produce in inlet but no one has yet. I am going to put the EVOMS intake on soon, downpipe and am currently in the process of re-flashing my ECU to the GIAC flash because i was having top end issues with the APR. DO NOT use APR for this TTS application u will have the same issues I am having. The colder the weather is getting outside the worse this problem will get. The engine feels like it is cutting out at high RPM. the more digging i did i found out that the APR flash only messes with the boost not the fuel mapping WTF!!!! I just pissed away $500. when i called GIAC they told me that i had an APR flash by just telling them the symptoms. So they sold me on the DSG flash in addition. So I will get back to everyone on the GIAC RE-flash and the DSG flash. Should be f'en sweet. Just want everyone to know I am not a *****er I just have to point out mediocrity when I identify it. I also praise real achievement unfortunately APR has not reached that status with the Audi TTS yet, there4 they should not take anyones $ and issue refunds to anyone who fell for the big company bull$hit.

I'm done ranting now