Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Am I asking too much for my RS4?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Opusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to behold
Am I asking too much for my RS4?

here is my ad on the forums for it: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-warranty.html

Its all stock, 2007 with 39,5xx miles and has a CPO warranty on the car for another year and a half almost. Only things done to the car were lojack and clear bra.

Im currently asking 50k, when I had it up for sale I had a hard time finding low mile RS4's and almost none had a warranty on them. Most that were on the cheaper end(39-43k) all had really miles and/or accidents on record.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:49 PM
RADIUS has a spectacular aura aboutRADIUS has a spectacular aura aboutRADIUS has a spectacular aura about
Yes, way too much. I will give you 1/2 of that right now

Old 04-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Opusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RADIUS
Yes, way too much. I will give you 1/2 of that right now
I'm pretty sure I could trade it in for a bit more than that hahaha

Old 04-03-2012, 09:48 AM
AverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really nice
That question always depends on how much time you have. If you can sit on it for awhile, you should have the right buyer come by.

I think that number is a little high but, RS4s are fairly rare so....

Old 04-03-2012, 10:33 AM
jjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to behold
Too much. I'd ask 42-43 all day. Sold my 07 mugello blue rs with less miles but no warranty or that. Sold immediately.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by AverageJoe
That question always depends on how much time you have. If you can sit on it for awhile, you should have the right buyer come by.

I think that number is a little high but, RS4s are fairly rare so....
Ya, its obo asking price but I dont really want to take a big hit on the car. Considering I paid cash for it only about 6 months ago from Audi.
Originally Posted by jjm4life
Too much. I'd ask 42-43 all day. Sold my 07 mugello blue rs with less miles but no warranty or that. Sold immediately.
Thats too low for me, id rather not even sell it really, I could use the money for going back to school but im not interested in losing over 10k on a car in 6 months when I didnt even put 5k miles on the car lol(I will admit I may have overpaid but I wanted the CPO warranty)

I appreciate the input though guys, if its good or bad.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
In my experience selling your car on a forum is the worst place to sell it.

Often times people are experts on your car with out even knowing anything about it and are buyers with no money.

Serious buyers will come and look at the car, then make an offer.

You get low balled all the time as well.

If I were you I would advertise the car in your area or nationally.

You stand a better chance of selling it for what you want.

Just MHO - Luckily 6 speeders aren't bad compared to the other Audi related forums.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:24 PM
RS4-Brian will become famous soon enoughRS4-Brian will become famous soon enough
I've owned 2 RS4's and they still hold a place in my heart. If yours was a rare color such as Ibis, Glut, or Suzuka then $50k might be possible...but even then I doubt it. Mugello is a beautiful color and if your car is in tip top shape I think you could realistically get mid 40's.

Remember that every day your car is worth less than it was the day before. I think Fabryce is right on the money - put it up for sale on national higher volume sites such as cars.com or autotrader.com and you'll get a lot more hits.

I still love these cars so I hope you get what you want for it.

Good luck.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
In my experience selling your car on a forum is the worst place to sell it.

Often times people are experts on your car with out even knowing anything about it and are buyers with no money.

Serious buyers will come and look at the car, then make an offer.

You get low balled all the time as well.

If I were you I would advertise the car in your area or nationally.

You stand a better chance of selling it for what you want.

Just MHO - Luckily 6 speeders aren't bad compared to the other Audi related forums.
Ya I figured 6speed isnt like some other forums lol.
Originally Posted by RS4-Brian
I've owned 2 RS4's and they still hold a place in my heart. If yours was a rare color such as Ibis, Glut, or Suzuka then $50k might be possible...but even then I doubt it. Mugello is a beautiful color and if your car is in tip top shape I think you could realistically get mid 40's.

Remember that every day your car is worth less than it was the day before. I think Fabryce is right on the money - put it up for sale on national higher volume sites such as cars.com or autotrader.com and you'll get a lot more hits.

I still love these cars so I hope you get what you want for it.

Good luck.
A few weeks after I bought mine an Ibis RS4 became available in Cali, I wish I could have gotten it.

I did actually recently put it on autotrader though so Im hoping it starts to get a bit more attention, I may try ebay in a week or two just to see what I can get

Old 04-04-2012, 12:45 PM
blaze is on a distinguished road
Sold my Phantom on ebay back in November w/ 46,000 miles for 39 and change. Premium pack w/ no warranty, but it had 275 PSSs on it and a spare set of wheels.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Well, that is on the high side. When I was on the market for this car myself the target price was low 40k's for near that kind of mileage.

I eventually ended up going a different route in the car I purchased and I wish you the best of luck with your sale.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:41 AM
sLaM has a spectacular aura aboutsLaM has a spectacular aura about
to be honest, your listing price is too high by about $5k. an extended platinum warranty for 3 years/36k runs about $3,500 from the audi dealer. if you're listing at $50k, you are essentially saying your car is worth $47k even if it didnt have warranty.

i'm currently in the market for a rs4 and most cars i've seen similar to yours (without warranty) are advertising around $43k-$45k. i assume these sellers will probably let it go for low $40s.

regardless, best of luck to you. these cars are rare and you should be able to find more interests outside of car forums.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:27 PM
AceRothstein415 is on a distinguished road
As a point of reference, retail cpo kbb is $49k.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:59 PM
thanks guys, I know Im on the higher end of the asking prices and part of it is because I know Ill get low balled, im not super firm on this price. one just came up for sale on the other side of WA with close to the same mileage but no warranty at a dealer and they are asking 50 also.

When I was looking to buy an RS4 last year though I didnt find any in the low 40's all of them that had low mileage and had clean titles were in the 50's

Old 04-11-2012, 06:59 AM
V-Raptor is on a distinguished road
As a recent buyer of a RS4 2007 with 31K miles your price is a bit too high even with the CPO. Mid 40's is closer to the going rate w/39 K mile, when I was looking. Too get 50's the market dictates fewer than 30K miles.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Am I asking too much for my RS4?