Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

**TT-RS**Project 750hp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Pov TTRS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by e46m3smg
God I love the TT especially the interior, such a good feeling interior and what a build. Good luck and keep posting. Those 5 cyl engines sound like V10s sometimes
The interior is pretty decent, I will be turning my attention to that aswell at some point in the future! Gotta agree about the noise also!

Originally Posted by Boost Logic
Looks like the build is coming together. The Audi 5 cyl turbo is a very impressive motor.
Thanks getting there slowly but surely. Would have liked to have made progress quicker, but like the 997.2 we have fuelling issues to overcome due to these special fuel stratified injectors and the high pressure fuelling system.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Got my WOTBOX. Hope to install it soon. It allows for superfast flatshifting, and keeps the turbos spooled up between gear changes, and it also has launch control. You can set the parameters for launch control rpm holding etc via the software on the laptop

A vid I found of the wotbox

Old 05-15-2012, 06:49 PM
tphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of light
Beautiful work!!! Intercooler and calipers got me drooling...
Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:15 PM
ENV² is a jewel in the roughENV² is a jewel in the roughENV² is a jewel in the rough
Really appreciate this build. I came very close to trading in my S4 for a TTRS.... VERY close... Still may

Old 05-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks guys.

the valvetrain has landed in the UK! Engine build should start monday! Cant wait to see some progress.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:55 AM
3deep is infamous around these parts3deep is infamous around these parts3deep is infamous around these parts3deep is infamous around these parts
Man i would hate to see the pricetag for this project

Old 05-19-2012, 05:52 AM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
I just ordered a set of Loba rotors for my TTRS (they have AP discs on a Loba hat). I contemplated doing the 8 pot calipers at the same time, but I remember reading the stock calipers were good. I know the stock rotors are crap as I have already gone through two sets in 2700 Kim's.

How have you found the big calipers? Have they reduced stopping times? Is the advantage reducing the likelihood of warping the rotor because you are spreading the heat over more disc?

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by black penguin
I just ordered a set of Loba rotors for my TTRS (they have AP discs on a Loba hat). I contemplated doing the 8 pot calipers at the same time, but I remember reading the stock calipers were good. I know the stock rotors are crap as I have already gone through two sets in 2700 Kim's.

How have you found the big calipers? Have they reduced stopping times? Is the advantage reducing the likelihood of warping the rotor because you are spreading the heat over more disc?

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Hey, nice purchase, I have those rotors on my wishlist, probably once Ive killed my 3rd set of OEM's.

Stopping times have been reduced, cold bite is increased and that is our theory also, the stock rotors must be lasting longer due to spreading the heat over more surface.

The stock caliper is charged with those of an imprezza sti iirc, so they are pretty decent.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:30 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
Hmmm. Still wondering if I should have added the big calipers. I guess they can be added at any time. I wonder if in should have gone calipers first.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Hmmm. Still wondering if I should have added the big calipers. I guess they can be added at any time. I wonder if in should have gone calipers first.

I think you have deffo gone with the right decision. I was an early adopter, and there were no alternatice discs on the market at the time, see how it goes, and keep me posted what you think of the discs!

Old 05-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Right so the engine builder has started the work and should hopefully get some pics etc from him in the not so distant future. I will also post the spec that ive gone for when its finished.

As for the turbo kit, Im going with APR on that also. They have the best quality kit on the market, and making reliable power from this car is one of my top priorities. With APR I know I will get this plus any support I might require in the future.

To begin with, we shall be starting with a "smaller" stage 3 turbo, and then once we are happy with how its running, move up to stage 4, and try to achieve my goals.

Stock Turbo vs APR stage 3

Made from inconel, you know its gonna last!

Old 06-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Some crazy build you have here. What kind of driving do you do most of the time?

I still have not received my Loba rotors. They really take a lot of time. I should have them this weekend.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Some crazy build you have here. What kind of driving do you do most of the time?

I still have not received my Loba rotors. They really take a lot of time. I should have them this weekend.

Yeah the rotors do take a while to get delivered im afraid by what my friends tell me.

Its a weekend only toy tbh, sometimes see's london city traffic driving, but usually only gets driven on more open roads and motorways/highways.

The car also does short journeys to the shops/gym and back, but will be looking to get a cheap run around to do that sort of duty once the build is done.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:04 AM
And so the engine build has begun!

This is how its started:

And this is where we are at now:

Stripped down head

Port moulds and the ferrea valevtrain

Old 06-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Rings gapped, parts balanced, ready for assembly. High temp, low friction thermal coating.

Old VS new

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: **TT-RS**Project 750hp