Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

**TT-RS**Project 750hp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 10:52 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future

By blackpenquinn at 2012-06-28

Old 09-04-2012, 10:53 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future

By blackpenquinn at 2012-06-28

Old 09-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Pov TTRS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Harrison Ruffin
My valve caps melted my weights fell of and my rotors are gone, just two track days at High Plains Raceway, the rotors were vibrating from just hard street use. I have seen some new rotors from RB, does any one know if they are better than stock. I have herd the LOBA or Geax both make a good product but hard to get. I need to fix this now. After going of the fast end of the back staight at HPR into the weeds at MPH130, I have no faith that this car will stop when asked to. I'm afraid to drive it on the street, the brakes are that BAD! Already came with the cooling blade, does little or nothing. Are there better ducts made than the OEM units. Will changing the rotor make them run cooler? Do they need more air going through them? I have just done an APR remap on the ECU, now she piles the speed on even faster but if the binders couldn't cope before how in the world are they going to deal with more TQ and HPS. The APR remap doesn't live up to the promises made. In Denver I was only able to Dyno at 325HPS and 380TQ. I should have put the car on the dyno in stock for for a better comp. Love the car. Drives better with a degree of negative camber up front, now it doesn't understeer so bad. The brakes are the big issue. I would be greatful for any info or advice.
Seeing as you sound like a serious track driver, you best bet is to contact Loba or DaveB and get a set of the AP discs and some more powerful calipers.

Your power figure is probably down to the dyno btw, some dynos dont cope with high power haldex cars at all.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:39 AM
RADIUS has a spectacular aura aboutRADIUS has a spectacular aura aboutRADIUS has a spectacular aura about
Impressive numbers. I love what you have done with the car. How do you like the new brake rotors? Any noise from the slots during heavy braking?

Old 09-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Harrison Ruffin is on a distinguished road
RaceBrake hat and rotor

Just took delivery of new hats and rotors for the tt rs. These were made by a company in california Race Brake or RB. Slotted rotors fit well front and two piece slotted for the rears. While installing the fronts were straight forward the rear was less so. Front calipers are easily retracted to accomodate new pads. The back must have some trick to them I'm yet to understand. How does one push the piston back on the rear calipers. I have already tried disconnecting the e brake cable and opening the bleed screw, piston still will not retract. Any help would be welcome. The air gap on the RB rotors is 18mm much larger than stock and much lighter about 8lbs front and 6lbs at the back, less unsprung weight, always a good thing. I am currently looking to extend the air flaps on the lower controle arms to direct more air to the wells. I am using 4" abs pipe cut to fit and epoxied in place. The air blades now extend down and forward about 1.75". Lets hope these changes will have a positive effect on the brakes on track days.Pictures comming soon.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Audi is on a distinguished road
Such an awesome build! Keep up the good work!!

Jason

Old 09-25-2012, 11:09 AM
So the new rotors work great. RB slotted rotors with some home made ducting for more air to the wheele wells and cool running, firm pedal, good brakes what a relief! The track Oregon Raceway Park, fantastic, great quality pavement, very technical, loved the half pipe. However there was one problem. Something has come loose in the front end. If the car is side loaded by turning the steering wheele quikly to the left it sounds like something heavy moving near the left front wheele. Then if you turn to the right fast the noise stops on the left but it then starts on the right sounding kinda like an ABS induced braking or speed sensor. My thinking is that the bushings are gone. Does anyone know of some aftermarket suspension bushings for the TTRS. Or if this is something that has happened to other ttrs on the track maybe some one can clue me in. The brake fix for the RB rotors and pads about $1200. Seems cheaper than some solutions I've seen.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Sounds great Harrison. I shall return to looking at the brakes once the car is back on the road.

Next immediate step right now is strengthning the gearbox.

So its being split open, and the gears will be superfinished.

The end results will look like this:

Old 10-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Gearbox internals before:

Internals after

Old 11-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Updated turbokit!!!

Old 11-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Bimmeristic has a spectacular aura aboutBimmeristic has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for sharing!!!!

Old 11-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Former Vendor
dbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant future
x 2, great build so far.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Nice build, have you got it running yet? Do you know anything about a haldex controler?

Old 02-06-2013, 02:41 AM
Originally Posted by Harrison Ruffin
Nice build, have you got it running yet? Do you know anything about a haldex controler?

I know a bit about the haldex controllers, specifically the differences between the switchable race and the competition controllers

Old 02-06-2013, 02:43 AM
UPDATE:

Only a few weeks away from completion now. Its been decided that my car will be running quite a big turbo. GTX35

Heres some pics.

The turbo is bigger than my mates meatball head lol.

Attached Images    

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: **TT-RS**Project 750hp